Holly Seat Is On Fire Needs A Miracle And Fast !

It will be interesting to see if Fulmer, who is a long time friend of Holly, will give her more time to continue to ruin the program OR will he make her gracefully retire. When she retires, she needs to be completely removed from influence within the Lady Vol's basketball program.

One thing is crystal clear, all of the Lady Vol's players are certainly glad that all of the blame for their terrible season, is being placed on the coach, and none of the blame is on them.

These players don't seem to appreciate what they were given the opportunity to be a part of. It appears, at least to me, that they are a bunch of self-centered pampered women who only came here because they were promised immediate playing time and stardom, just like their H.S. and AAU times. The players have changed. But, I think there is more to recruiting than counting the number of stars next to there name and falling inline to kiss their behinds just to get those 5 stars on campus. I hear it all the time about recruiting being about establishing relationships; getting to know the players is part of that and determining if they are a good fit for what your philosophy is. Are they coachable? That all falls back in the lap of the head coach. JMHO.

One thing is crystal clear, all of the Lady Vol's players are certainly glad that all of the blame for their terrible season, is being placed on the coach, and none of the blame is on them.

Just be patient, next years class is loaded. Yeah, that’s when the blame, if even needed, can justifiably be placed on the coach.

Just be patient, next years class is loaded. Yeah, that’s when the blame, if even needed, can justifiably be placed on the coach.

We are out of patience! The LV fan base has been patient for 7 years and things are only getting worse. Fulmer needs to do the right thing and show her the door after the final whistle sounds. If he isn't working on contingencies as we speak, then he might find himself lose credibility with his supporters. Being friends with someone and having a long-term relationship with them is nice and all, but at the end of the day he's running a multi-hundred million dollar business and if one of your leaders of that business isn't performing or taking accountability for failure, then they need to be fired, plain and simple.

Last edited:
Not until after the SEC tournament. Then the ax will fall, not before. The honorable thing is to retire. Pretty sure from her responses at the pressers, she's already retired.

Possibly. And that would actually be the win-win (if you can say such) in her situation. If she's not positioning herself for another (lower-tier; she aint insane) head coaching job, then "retiring" to let this illustrious program move forward, is a good course of action. She should negotiate a good buyout somewhat below (ea$y for me to $ay) the contracts buyout. Then she can look great (less worse?) as a VFL and the AD won't appear as a shrewd hedge fund manager that kicked her to the curb. The fanbase would (generally) stay + as the search went forward. Holly could (eventually?) stay a + part of the UTLV family. She may want to assist somewhere. UT would look more attractive to HCing suitors who have the concern of being kicked to the curb for a bad season or 2.

Now, if she circles the wagons and goes into battle mode because she has delusions that she can turn it around, or she can get another top tier job, then it'll be ugly. Although she may walk out with some more coin.

I really hope she chooses the former.

Reactions: Tennesseefan2019
I know Phil won't fire her until he gets a little of that heat coming his way, that is if it's like Randy Sanders firing. Phil is loyal to a fault, that's his biggest issue to me as far as getting the most out of coaches. I admire loyalty, but if someone isn't getting the job done, well.... be loyal to Tennessee's needs over personal friendships. Other than that, I love Phil. Always, GBO!!!!

These players don't seem to appreciate what they were given the opportunity to be a part of. It appears, at least to me, that they are a bunch of self-centered pampered women who only came here because they were promised immediate playing time and stardom, just like their H.S. and AAU times. The players have changed. But, I think there is more to recruiting than counting the number of stars next to there name and falling inline to kiss their behinds just to get those 5 stars on campus. I hear it all the time about recruiting being about establishing relationships; getting to know the players is part of that and determining if they are a good fit for what your philosophy is. Are they coachable? That all falls back in the lap of the head coach. JMHO.
They certainly are coachable once they transfer, look at Tea Cooper. Face the facts Holly Lover she recruits from the same schools as everyone else, SHE CAN'T COACH AND HASN'T BEEN ABLE TO SINCE DAY ONE.

They certainly are coachable once they transfer, look at Tea Cooper. Face the facts Holly Lover she recruits from the same schools as everyone else, SHE CAN'T COACH AND HASN'T BEEN ABLE TO SINCE DAY ONE.

You have got me all wrong. "Holly Lover". That's the first time I've ever been called that and I think I'm offended. I know that she can't coach! I was just trying to respond to the earlier post that I quoted in a somewhat polite way. Recruiting the right players, HONESTLY, is the first step in coaching. The previous post I quoted was sarcastically shifting the blame from Holly as usual. "Holly Lover", what an insult!

Reactions: livefaith and T.J.

She can't coach a Tea, DD and would have duplicted this feat with Chamique
It has everything to do with how you have to coach such an athlete

When I was coaching the younger girls (12-14) I would literally explain to them from the gitgo...

"Some of you I will have to push,
some of you I will have to inspire,
some of you I will have to get tough with
and
a few of you ,, I will just have to coach...
But it starts with loving this game...if you don't love my game,,,I don't want you"

Last edited:

VN Store

Back