'19 CA LB Henry To'oto'o (Tennessee Signee)

Sorry for the random bump but still pumped that we landed this guy, made for a great NSD. Instant impact guy, may not be in the starting lineup game one but will be by seasons end IMO.

I felt this way too after we signed him.

But with reflection, I don't think its wise to bet against Darrin Kirkland 2 years removed from injury and a 5th year SR with a whole season of the new defense under his belt.

He could be primed for his best season yet, and work his was onto a NFL team.

He and Bituli are both hard working athletic LBs. I think they go out in style Ala Kyle Phillips, Anthony Johnson, and Shy Tuttle.

But the depth of Ignot and To'oto'o will be the big reason for their success

I felt this way too after we signed him.

But with reflection, I don't think its wise to bet against Darrin Kirkland 2 years removed from injury and a 5th year SR with a whole season of the new defense under his belt.

He could be primed for his best season yet, and work his was onto a NFL team.

He and Bituli are both hard working athletic LBs. I think they go out in style Ala Kyle Phillips, Anthony Johnson, and Shy Tuttle.

But the depth of Ignot and To'oto'o will be the big reason for their success

I see you mention the depth and I tend to agree with that more than the other projections I have seen...

OLB: Taylor-Allen
ILB: Kirkland-Ignont
ILB: Bituli-Toot
OLB: Peterson-Crouch

I do think Peterson and Crouch are probably better suited for inside but our situation will force them to man that OLB position for now

Reactions: The Artful Dodger
I see you mention the depth and I tend to agree with that more than the other projections I have seen...

OLB: Peterson-Crouch-R Harrison

I do think Peterson and Crouch are probably better suited for inside but our situation will force them to man that OLB position for now

Hopefully Roman Harrison can contribute as well and allow some flexibility with either Peterson/Crouch to move inside if needed

Hopefully Roman Harrison can contribute as well and allow some flexibility with either Peterson/Crouch to move inside if needed
Deandre Johnson will be in the rotation at OLB, if not starting in 3-4 sets. Johnson played in all 12 games last year, and significantly more than Allen. I think everyone is putting to much hope into Peterson. He may be in the rotation at LB, but I don't see him starting unless he has a huge offseason. I also don't think Kirkland is a lock to start at LB. He may be the "starter" but I bet by game 3-4 he will be getting out snapped by someone. Kirkland has not ever fully recovered from that first knee injury, not sure he ever will.

Last edited:

There will be some cross training. Most will know all 4 positions.

My line up goes like this:

OLB Harrison- Johnson
ILB Bituli- Ignot
MLB Kirkland /To'oto'o ( co-starters)
OLB Taylor- Crouch

Reactions: ionaVOL
There will be some cross training. Most will know all 4 positions.

My line up goes like this:

OLB Harrison- Johnson
ILB Bituli- Ignot
MLB Kirkland /To'oto'o ( co-starters)
OLB Taylor- Crouch

This seems more realistic to me... Only real question is who takes that empty OLB spot? Johnson, Crouch, Harrison, and Allen all have a shot. IMO that would be the order of most likely, but it's truly up for the taking. Peterson could be in the rotation at ILB.

Wish we had this depth on the DL... Hate that Middleton and Williams aren't going to go through spring. The whole DL is one big question mark behind Gooden. Scary that Mincey is our next most proven guy on the DL. I think the DL looks something like this:

SDE - Williams, Butler, Garland
DT - Gooden, Middleton, Emerson
WDE - Mincey, Bennett, Blakely/Bumphus

Obviously this is excluding Solomon. Also, DT/SDE is pretty interchangable. Guys like Gooden or Williams could play either spot.

I really really like Harrison too and think he will make a huge impact at OLB, but he will need to learn how to play that position having played NG most of his HS career.

Reactions: LittleVol
Deandre Johnson will be in the rotation at OLB, if not starting in 3-4 sets. Johnson played in all 12 games last year, and significantly more than Allen. I think everyone is putting to much hope into Peterson. He may be in the rotation at LB, but I don't see him starting unless he has a huge offseason. I also don't think Kirkland is a lock to start at LB. He may be the "starter" but I bet by game 3-4 he will be getting out snapped by someone. Kirkland has not ever fully recovered from that first knee injury, not sure he ever will.
I think it was his ankle

Reactions: The Artful Dodger
funny how Peterson was the next great coming and I think he will struggle to get into the two deep this season...hope I'm wrong.

Because he redshirted? Fans are funny.

Because there has been little if any info on him as of yet and we seem to have several kids who have already seen the field this past season and sound like they are poised to step up, along with some newcomers that could push for playing time as well. That and he didn't exactly come in looking and acting like what was advertised... but hey, yeah just because he redshirted...

Because there has been little if any info on him as of yet and we seem to have several kids who have already seen the field this past season and sound like they are poised to step up, along with some newcomers that could push for playing time as well. That and he didn't exactly come in looking and acting like what was advertised... but hey, yeah just because he redshirted...
He showed up a week into the season and fat. Hard for a freshman, any freshman, to contribute when they don't show up until September, especially if out of shape. He played in a few games last fall and recently Hubbs said he's in much better shape. We'll see how he does this spring. Just not sure how we can determine he won't make the two deep this coming fall based on the info we have so far.

How much info has come out of the staff about any of the players

VN Store

Back