'19 AL WR George Pickens (UGA signee)

Man, Bonds had over 500 career stolen bases, .298 career batting avg and over 3000 career hits. He would have had that PED's or no. Did you watch him play outfield? 8X GG winner. I'm not a BB fan but...that alone is Cooperstown worthy for most.

Your statement about Bonds would have had those stats with or without PEDs is irrelevant and unproveable. The guy was a cheater and nowhere close to a freak athlete.

"Since 1980 we have the same amount of natty's" lulz... I wasn't even thought of in 1980, yet I was 10 when we won it all. Big difference there brother. Was y'all game even in color at the time? Wasn't wearing the "kicker facemask" back then the equevilent to wearing a Deion facemask now? Or was it the d-tackle facemask era for all tailbacks? Gtfo with this stupid narrative. Compare yourself to The University of Pitt. Y'all both were last relevant around the same time.
lol what do you consider relevant? UGA was in the playoffs and the National Championship 2 years ago. I'd consider that relevant and I would be surprised if a Tennessee fan would think it's irrelevant considering the luck UT has had lately. I agree that 1980 is irrelevant given the amount of time that has passed, but so is 98. My point still stands that both schools are recruiting kids who haven't been alive to see either team's last championship. What's the stupid narrative? UGA and UT have been fairly similar in terms of success for the past 40 years.

Oh look...just what we needed and wanted on VN...another swole headed turdeating leghumper 🤨 Look dude..you are on a Volunteer website, we don't like UGA bullpups and anything associated with them...why are you surprised we have nothing good to say about Sir Bowlcut?
I'm not surprised that some UT fans would look at Kirby in a negative light, but Kirby and Pruitt are fairly similar when you look at it rationally. Both are Saban disciples, both specialized in the secondary, both won championships as a DC, both are elite recruiters, and both will most likely need an elite OC to win a National Championship. I think Kirby and Pruitt have the potential to be great coaches, but it's still far too early to say anything definitive. If you feel like I'm trolling the site or you don't like my opinion that's fine, but this is the first time I've had negative feedback from Vol fans here. I've actually had more issues with UGA trolls here than anyone else.

lol what do you consider relevant? UGA was in the playoffs and the National Championship 2 years ago. I'd consider that relevant and I would be surprised if a Tennessee fan would think it's irrelevant considering the luck UT has had lately. I agree that 1980 is irrelevant given the amount of time that has passed, but so is 98. My point still stands that both schools are recruiting kids who haven't been alive to see either team's last championship. What's the stupid narrative? UGA and UT have been fairly similar in terms of success for the past 40 years.
Look I don't have a problem with UGA, I just think their fans get carried away with these comparisons. UGA is a nice solid regional school. UT is a national brand, and nothing over the last decade has changed that. It's nothing for us to waltz into Cali with a Power T cap and snag a QB. West Coast people would think some one has on a knock off Packers hat if you wore a UGA cap out there.

Reactions: Atlanta917
Look I don't have a problem with UGA, I just think their fans get carried away with these comparisons. UGA is a nice solid regional school. UT is a national brand, and nothing over the last decade has changed that. It's nothing for us to waltz into Cali with a Power T cap and snag a QB. West Coast people would think some one has on a knock off Packers hat if you wore a UGA cap out there.
Didn't UGA essentially do that with Eason? Maybe older fans have a different perspective on things, but I'm talking about recruiting. I don't think many people would disagree that recruits have a "what have you done for me lately" approach to things vs tradition. If the past mattered more than the present then Pitt, Notre Dame, and Minnesota would be cleaning up right now. UGA and UT both are able to recruit on a national level. UGA has gotten better with Kirby and Pruitt seems to be bringing UT back to their place as contenders. I have nothing against UT fans either. Generally I've had good interactions with the fans here and it's great getting a differing opinion.

Your statement about Bonds would have had those stats with or without PEDs is irrelevant and unproveable. The guy was a cheater and nowhere close to a freak athlete.

Relax BOT Barry Bonds was a stud athlete before the PEDs. Being a 40/40 guy is a small club for a reason. 1 thing about basball is his hand eye was already tops in the league to hit 40 w/o PEDs and steal 40 bases. Some of you ha e to stop watching so much ESPN and research before you type

Last edited:
The term “freak athlete” gets thrown around a lot these days.

Mickey Mantle.

That man was truly something else. To be that fast, and that skilled, with such power (from both sides)...

And to think he played his whole career hurt, and hung over. Remarkable.
Would have loved to have seen a Bo Jackson Career without him being coaxed into his football Hobby

Rekax BOT Barry Bonds was a stud athlete before the PEDs. Being a 40/40 guy is a small club for a reason. 1 thing about basball is his hand eye was already tops in the league to hit 40 w/o PEDs and steal 40 bases. Some of you ha e to stop watching so much ESPN and rsearch before you type

I've never seen anyone hit so many home runs as Bonds while choking up. He was the best athlete in MLB for a while.

I'm not surprised that some UT fans would look at Kirby in a negative light, but Kirby and Pruitt are fairly similar when you look at it rationally. Both are Saban disciples, both specialized in the secondary, both won championships as a DC, both are elite recruiters, and both will most likely need an elite OC to win a National Championship. I think Kirby and Pruitt have the potential to be great coaches, but it's still far too early to say anything definitive. If you feel like I'm trolling the site or you don't like my opinion that's fine, but this is the first time I've had negative feedback from Vol fans here. I've actually had more issues with UGA trolls here than anyone else.

If course we are not objective about anything to do with UGA or Kirby...We have been humiliated and kicked around for years. You are a Leghumper on a UT fansite...we don't like you automatically 😁

Alabama's beer of choice: Comes with the 1930, 1934, and 1941 National Championships

natural-ice-15-pack.jpg

Reactions: StanfordVol

I was in Singapore this weekend sporting a TN shirt and saw two guys at the hotel with TN gear on. We waved and said, “Go Vols”. I see TN fans everywhere.

TN has always done a great job recruiting nationally, mostly however out of necessity. Nashville is changing that IMO, Titans being there helps as well, get those NFL legacy kids. As for UGA recruiting, Kirby has the best of both worlds, talent galore in his backyard and he cherry picks around the nation for the rest. He’s pulled the #1 state player from New York, Pennsylvania, NC, FL, MS, IL, TN, SC, RI, etc and top 5 from all over and took the top 2 out of AL this year, both 5-stars. UT and UGA have almost identical history. Tied against each other, tied in SEC championships, UGA has been named NC 6x (claim 2 like UT did), UT now claims 6, UGA has more Bowls, Bowl wins and Heismans, UT has more overall wins 830-819.

Last edited:
TN has always done a great job recruiting nationally, mostly however out of necessity. Nashville is changing that IMO, Titans being there helps as well, get those NFL legacy kids. As for UGA recruiting, Kirby has the best of both worlds, talent galore in his backyard and he cherry picks around the nation for the rest. He’s pulled the #1 state player from New York, Pennsylvania, NC, FL, MS, IL, TN, SC, RI, etc and top 5 from all over. UT and UGA have almost identical history. Tied against each other, tied in SEC championships, UGA has been named NC 6x (claim 2 like UT did), UT now claims 6, UGA has more Bowls, Bowl wins and Heismans, UT has more overall wins 830-819.
But can Kirby coach? Or was he just getting by on talent and very good coordinators?

VN Store

Back