Waitin on '66 Indiana Game 1 Thread

All I can say is we have great pitching and defense. I am still concerned about the ability to manufacture runs. Team kinda reminds me of the Oakland A's. Scores runs in batches, but some great pitching and defense.

I love Stallings, he will be a Top 10 round draft pick.
*****Disregard: Completely Misread that******
I'm a fan of Stallings as well but let's not get carried away by starts against Appalachian State and a big 10 team. Highly unlikely a team uses a top 10 pick on somebody that has a ceiling of mid-rotation MLB starter just too many players that have better stuff, miss more bats and project as potential top end of the rotation guys. That being said he has definitely helped his case this year and has been solid at generating weak contact, could easily see him having a similar career/results as someone like a Trevor Williams who outperforms peripherals because he can generate soft contact

Last edited:
I'm a fan of Stallings as well but let's not get carried away by starts against Appalachian State and a big 10 team. Highly unlikely a team uses a top 10 pick on somebody that has a ceiling of mid-rotation MLB starter just too many players that have better stuff, miss more bats and project as potential top end of the rotation guys. That being said he has definitely helped his case this year and has been solid at generating weak contact, could easily see him having a similar career/results as someone like a Trevor Williams who outperforms peripherals because he can generate soft contact
I think they have more than 1 pick each round of the MLB draft.

He’s definitely a top 10 round pick. If his stuff is similar throughout the year with his velo and and spin on his breaking ball he will be a top 5 rounder

Stallings seemed to locate his stuff well that will carry him more than his stuff. 98 pitches with 72 strikes is absolutely great. He's durable, efficient, and has a decent mix with decent stuff. Absolutely a Top 10 round pick.

Stallings seemed to locate his stuff well that will carry him more than his stuff. 98 pitches with 72 strikes is absolutely great. He's durable, efficient, and has a decent mix with decent stuff. Absolutely a Top 10 round pick.
That 12 to 6 curve ball has just been added to his repotuire is a legit major league curve ball. He now has 4 pitches he has great command of. I think he will go in the top 5 for sure.

That 12 to 6 curve ball has just been added to his repotuire is a legit major league curve ball. He now has 4 pitches he has great command of. I think he will go in the top 5 for sure.

With a 12-6 that has great command, he will. You don't throw 72 strikes with 98 pitches without solid command. MLB Teams look for that big time. I hope he gets drafted by the A's.

Reactions: Volsbaseballfan1

VN Store

Back