Non-Lady Vol news 2018-19

Baylor rolling 40-21 in the 3rd against Kansas

UConn blasting Memphis out of the gym 74-32 in the 3rd

That`s the difference between the top teams and our Lady Vols we can`t blow anyone out
Kalani Brown joins the 2,000 point/1,000 rebound club tonight as the Lady Bears secure their 9th straight BIG XIi Regular Season Championship (38th straight regular season BIG XII win) with an 80-40 win over Kansas.

I keep a memoir of quotes,
both said,
and heard
"You have to peak at the right time, before you can peak every time"
just made the "said" section

I just can not understand why this Tenn is unable to win big like UConn , Baylor and others

Baylor rolling 40-21 in the 3rd against Kansas

UConn blasting Memphis out of the gym 74-32 in the 3rd

That`s the difference between the top teams and our Lady Vols we can`t blow anyone out

Hard to do w/ seemingly random substitutions. I wouldn't sub period when they are playing hard, smart, and following the game plan. In fact I would have my guard coach roasting the guards on the bench and getting them riled up telling them, "Look at that! You see how she sat down in her stance on defense then sprinted to where she was suppose to be on offense? You see how she made that cut?"

Then I would have my post coach yelling at the bigs on the bench, "You see how she kept the ball high? How she made eye contact w/ her PG and finished strong through contact? That's how you play 100% of the time. I expect when I sub you can produce equally or better than the teammate you're replacing." Meanwhile I'd be cheering my kids on the court on like a crazy person. That is infectious. That gets the blood pumping. Basketball is suppose to be fun after all.

Just because they are HS AAs doesn't mean they don't need simple reminders like that. I mean how on earth do you expect them to become Collegiate AAs without them. I can't tell you how many times I have seen them doing something right then they inexplicable go away from it or there is a sub or two or wholesale subs and all of a sudden their momentum is gone. That's why they look so Jekyll & Hyde. I used to think I was missing something or I hadn't watched enough games to tell but I asked and few on here who watch nearly every game said the subs are random as it pertains to the game plan. Blowing someone out requires consistency in plan, effort, & execution.

Hard to do w/ seemingly random substitutions. I wouldn't sub period when they are playing hard, smart, and following the game plan. In fact I would have my guard coach roasting the guards on the bench and getting them riled up telling them, "Look at that! You see how she sat down in her stance on defense then sprinted to where she was suppose to be on offense? You see how she made that cut?"

Then I would have my post coach yelling at the bigs on the bench, "You see how she kept the ball high? How she made eye contact w/ her PG and finished strong through contact? That's how you play 100% of the time. I expect when I sub you can produce equally or better than the teammate you're replacing." Meanwhile I'd be cheering my kids on the court on like a crazy person. That is infectious. That gets the blood pumping. Basketball is suppose to be fun after all.

Just because they are HS AAs doesn't mean they don't need simple reminders like that. I mean how on earth do you expect them to become Collegiate AAs without them. I can't tell you how many times I have seen them doing something right then they inexplicable go away from it or there is a sub or two or wholesale subs and all of a sudden their momentum is gone. That's why they look so Jekyll & Hyde. I used to think I was missing something or I hadn't watched enough games to tell but I asked and few on here who watch nearly every game said the subs are random as it pertains to the game plan. Blowing someone out requires consistency in plan, effort, & execution.

Good post ! i`m not sure when was the last time this team has blasted someone to many close games.

Reactions: 1reVOLver
I just can not understand why this Tenn is unable to win big like UConn , Baylor and others

They will,
but a team has to have that magic moment,
to draw upon
For it to do this in season
and continue season to season

I have been coaching for 37 years
When that team-trigger gets switched, it stays switched
till someone turns it off

We used to be the example of that team-trigger'ed

CPS had us in that mode
She isn't here,
but her team is
her team is every team that walks on this court,
until they win a championship for someone else.

Then, it's their team

Reactions: 1reVOLver

I wish I had two likes

DzvY9jHWkAACDxT.png

Three of the top four listed are from Texas. Next season Rice will gain the services of 6'9" Nancy Mulkey while Baylor's Kalani Brown will be a rookie in the WNBA. There should be a Non Con game between the squads next season for State supremacy.

Attachments

• DzvY9jHWkAACDxT.png
    DzvY9jHWkAACDxT.png
    32.2 KB · Views: 1
View attachment 195150

Three of the top four listed are from Texas. Next season Rice will gain the services of 6'9" Nancy Mulkey while Baylor's Kalani Brown will be a rookie in the WNBA. There should be a Non Con game between the squads next season for State supremacy.

Mulkey is playing for Rice already this season and playing quite well. Much better than she ever did at Oklahoma. Averaging 12 points, 6 boards and almost 4 blocks per game. Nice compliment to the Ogumike sisters there.

Dawn Staley shaking things up tonight vs Kentucky Herbert Harrigan to the bench freshmen Victaria Saxton into the starting lineup Dawn said she earned the start.

Congrats to Kentucky in the win over South Carolina. I noticed cooper did not play much tonite. She could still be feeling the effects of the flu? She will probably be fine Sunday against Tennessee.

Congrats to Kentucky in the win over South Carolina. I noticed cooper did not play much tonite. She could still be feeling the effects of the flu? She will probably be fine Sunday against Tennessee.
I wonder what the most consecutive games Cooper has ever played in is. Seems like she is always and forever sitting out. But you're right, bet she's here with bells on Sunday.

I wonder what the most consecutive games Cooper has ever played in is. Seems like she is always and forever sitting out. But you're right, bet she's here with bells on Sunday.

She sprained her ankle the first 2 minutes of the game and never returned. I doubt she suits up Sunday.

She sprained her ankle the first 2 minutes of the game and never returned. I doubt she suits up Sunday.

Davis better be ready to deal the freshmen 6-2 Victaria Saxton she knocked Herbert Harrigan out of the starting lineup.

Reactions: SCspur
Kalani Brown joins the 2,000 point/1,000 rebound club tonight as the Lady Bears secure their 9th straight BIG XIi Regular Season Championship (38th straight regular season BIG XII win) with an 80-40 win over Kansas.

Congrats. Would she have done the same if she signed with us?

Reactions: stlvolsfan
Bad luck for her. She had the flu earlier and now she may miss Sunday.

I noticed that Ole Miss played MS pretty well last night. We could very well lose that game in Oxford to close out the regular season.

Who do you all see as coach of the year in the SEC. How about Matthew Mitchell from Kentucky? I am impressed with how well they have done this year.

Davis better be ready to deal the freshmen 6-2 Victaria Saxton she knocked Herbert Harrigan out of the starting lineup.

Saxton needs another year of strength and practice finishing around the rim. She’s as athletic as they come but she gets affected when players bump her or tries to challenge her shots. HH has been very disappointing these last couple of games. Hope she turns it around on Sunday.

VN Store

Back