'19 JUCO DT Savion Williams (Tennessee signee)

My reasons for thinking this are mostly just because Middleton and Gooden aren’t as vocal on social media, but if those two and Savion can all have this nasty streak/chip on their shoulder attitude, man that d line is going to be different this year

My reasons for thinking this are mostly just because Middleton and Gooden aren’t as vocal on social media, but if those two and Savion can all have this nasty streak/chip on their shoulder attitude, man that d line is going to be different this year

Gooden 6'3 310
Williams 6'4 320
Middleton 6'7 300

Gooden was playing just as well as Johnson Tuttle Phillips by mid-season.
I expect the other two to follow a similar path. Butler and the Sophomore from Georgia are key at making the rotation work.

If we can get solid play out of this kid, Mincey, Butler, or Emerson, just a couple of those guys, it could be the difference between 6 wins and 8. I really think our LB and DB play will elevate this year.
Yep. The key to the defense taking a step forward will be the DL. I agree we will be better at LB and DBs. That front 3 needs to be ready. Solomon getting eligible is a must.

If we can get solid play out of this kid, Mincey, Butler, or Emerson, just a couple of those guys, it could be the difference between 6 wins and 8. I really think our LB and DB play will elevate this year.
It’s definitely going to be interesting to see how Butler, Mincey, Garland, Harris, and Emerson look this spring. Ideally we’d come out of the spring with at least 3 of those guys looking like they can be productive contributors who deserve snaps.

If we feel pretty good about 3 of those guys in addition to Gooden, Solomon is eligible, and Williams comes in ready to play, then I’ll be really excited for the potential of our defense. Lack of quality depth definitely showed down the stretch for our DL last year.

So is savion looking to be a true 3-4 NT? I always thought he would be play one of ends...Nose tackles typically running a round the 315-330 range and I’m wrong? Needless to say I em excited about the thought of Gooden, Savion, and Middleton/Mincey for the starting 3

So is savion looking to be a true 3-4 NT? I always thought he would be play one of ends...Nose tackles typically running a round the 315-330 range and I’m wrong? Needless to say I em excited about the thought of Gooden, Savion, and Middleton/Mincey for the starting 3
Bama had already shifted from the mounds type NT like Mt. Cody to a more agile one like Quinnen Williams.

It’s definitely going to be interesting to see how Butler, Mincey, Garland, Harris, and Emerson look this spring. Ideally we’d come out of the spring with at least 3 of those guys looking like they can be productive contributors who deserve snaps.

If we feel pretty good about 3 of those guys in addition to Gooden, Solomon is eligible, and Williams comes in ready to play, then I’ll be really excited for the potential of our defense. Lack of quality depth definitely showed down the stretch for our DL last year.

I think this team is still 2 recruitiny cycles away from 10 wins, maybe 8 or 9 wins. This is hugely negatavistic but, that's how barren our talent was. I think we can all agree we are headed in right direction.

Took a step this recruiting cycle. Not a huge step, bc we went 5-7, but a step. Better than no step. I think getting more Oline depth, and certainly some talent on dline is crucial. We have severely lacked here for a couple years, and pretty certain save, Savion we didnt help ourselves much here. The coaches say theyre happy with whats on campus....so we'll see.

I think jeremy is only going to take guys who he thinks fit his mold, a certain type kid. else he'll get a PWO and coach em up. I know my emotion is speaking here, but, cant help but be excited with the potential next year and to watch this team get better.

Need a big time RB and WR, and most important of all. An actual QB who is a gamer and leader. Take that lst part exactly how it sounds.

Good point. Lets not get excited about new players anymore.

Pretty sure Kahlil had a decent frosh campaign, as frosh campaigns go. Then he changed up his diet etc. Teams who doubled kid from NC doubled him. he wasnt good enough to shed two SEC blockers, i guess. At least thats what i witnessed. Jr came and he said adios...am i missing something?

Pretty sure Kahlil had a decent frosh campaign, as frosh campaigns go. Then he changed up his diet etc. Teams who doubled kid from NC doubled him. he wasnt good enough to shed two SEC blockers, i guess. At least thats what i witnessed. Jr came and he said adios...am i missing something?
He was ok as a space eater as a freshman, but too out of shape to play more than a couple plays in a row without sucking wind.

He probably overcorrected as a sophomore. He should’ve been shooting for a playing weight of around 330-340, but he came in at 315 without really gaining any explosiveness.

Reactions: Jackcrevol
Gooden 6'3 310
Williams 6'4 320
Middleton 6'7 300

Gooden was playing just as well as Johnson Tuttle Phillips by mid-season.
I expect the other two to follow a similar path. Butler and the Sophomore from Georgia are key at making the rotation work.

All too big for a Butch Jones defense. He’d have them on a diet to lose 20 pounds

VN Store

Back