Non-Lady Vol news 2018-19

Great to see Candace Parker involved with the NBA All Star weekend. She was a judge for the dunk contest, along with A’ja Wilson.
The guys seem to really get along well with Candace, happy for her and preparing herself for her life after basketball.

Reactions: T.J.
Watching the NC State - ND game 2 observations- the 6’5” freshman post for NC state is the real deal. Check out Wes Moore’s outfit including black shoes with pink accents.

Reactions: WeAreTheRealUT.
Watching the NC State - ND game 2 observations- the 6’5” freshman post for NC state is the real deal. Check out Wes Moore’s outfit including black shoes with pink accents.

Yeah I have watched her several times now. She is really coming into her own, super mobile, finishes well, great stroke out to the arc, rebounds out of her area, and protects the rim. She is an excellent player and has improved leaps and bounds already this season under Wes Moore.

Reactions: cutiepie5
I wish refs would quit making calls based on the name on the jersey. NC state had 2 foul calls go against them at the end of the half. One should have been a block and the other a charge against ND. They also missed a foul call on ND on a NC State poss. Three poss. in a row there was either a bad call or no call favoring ND.

great game so far at nc state. ND so good in transition, but the three point defense is awful.

DzvB4e4WkAAoMnC.png
Can the Big Ten get 6 teams in ? Big Ten WBB standings with 3 or 4 games left for each team —Iowa has the BTT tiebreaker over Maryland —Indiana's loss to Rutgers tonight is their 4th straight and knocked them out of the RPI top 50 —MSU has a conference road record of 1-7

Oregon just now regained the lead over Oregon State for first time since early in 1st quarter. Going to be a heck of a finish. Six minutes left.

Rutgers over Indiana! Always rooting for C. Vivian Stringer.
Notre Dame smacked down NC State.
Oregon State with impressive win over Oregon.

Reactions: stlvolsfan
Anyone hear yet or not if Carter will play in the game against UT? She was ejected after two Ts in their last game and then ripped down the backstage curtains on her way to the locker room, on live TV.

Any thoughts on the upcoming MIZZOU/Auburn game? I feel like the outcome of that game will have big implications for us.

They played a tight game last year with MIZZOU winning a very low scoring contest. I feel like this is a better Auburn team than a season ago. They seem to be pretty evenly matched in terms of guard play. I believe Thompson can have as big a night on the interior as she wants against the MIZZOU post players.

Would think this will be a close one again, I would give Auburn the edge by a few points, I think their defense can really bother the guards from MIZZOU. They don't match up very will with Smith or Cunningham though. Auburn will have home court advantage.

A win for Auburn would put UT in good position to potentially get the fourth spot in the conference IF (IF AN ONLY IF) we are able to win out.

Anyone hear yet or not if Carter will play in the game against UT? She was ejected after two Ts in their last game and then ripped down the backstage curtains on her way to the locker room, on live TV.
Gary Blair said on his radio show that she would play. That is according to the Texas A&M women's basketball forum.

Reactions: VolBall09
Last edited:
Any thoughts on the upcoming MIZZOU/Auburn game? I feel like the outcome of that game will have big implications for us.

They played a tight game last year with MIZZOU winning a very low scoring contest. I feel like this is a better Auburn team than a season ago. They seem to be pretty evenly matched in terms of guard play. I believe Thompson can have as big a night on the interior as she wants against the MIZZOU post players.

Would think this will be a close one again, I would give Auburn the edge by a few points, I think their defense can really bother the guards from MIZZOU. They don't match up very will with Smith or Cunningham though. Auburn will have home court advantage.

A win for Auburn would put UT in good position to potentially get the fourth spot in the conference IF (IF AN ONLY IF) we are able to win out.

Auburn all the way! No way would I be rooting for Mizzou.

Gary Blair said on his radio show that she would play. That is according to the Texas A&M women's basketball forum.
Wow...must be some serious pressure on Coach Blair to win games. He has always been a class act and is still very respected among BIG XII fans, even by us folks 90 north on the Brazos.

Wow...must be some serious pressure on Coach Blair to win games. He has always been a class act and is still very respected among BIG XII fans, even by us folks 90 north on the Brazos.

I was a little surprised too, but without her I don't think there is any way they can win. In her defense, I did feel the officiating in that game was pretty frustrating, as it has been all over the SEC this season, and coach Blair picked up a tech just before she got her second one. I'm sure he felt like it was his fault.

MSST did have more fouls over all, but A&M didn't get any calls down the stretch while State was blowing the lead open.

I was a little surprised too, but without her I don't think there is any way they can win. In her defense, I did feel the officiating in that game was pretty frustrating, as it has been all over the SEC this season, and coach Blair picked up a tech just before she got her second one. I'm sure he felt like it was his fault.

MSST did have more fouls over all, but A&M didn't get any calls down the stretch while State was blowing the lead open.
Agreed. Besides, he could have punished her in a different way.

Reactions: VolBall09
Baylor rolling 40-21 in the 3rd against Kansas

UConn blasting Memphis out of the gym 74-32 in the 3rd

That`s the difference between the top teams and our Lady Vols we can`t blow anyone out

VN Store

Back