'19 NC RB Quavaris Crouch (Tennessee signee)

I guess you were the one who posted Ken Burrough's pic originally..
I'm not that old (50 next yr), just admittedly stuck in the 70's and 80's. :confused:
I was going to post a Jim Otto pic, but figured that would go over some heads here.

Reactions: tntar heel
I'm not that old (50 next yr), just admittedly stuck in the 70's and 80's. :confused:
I was going to post a Jim Otto pic, but figured that would go over some heads here.
It probably would have gone over my head for Burrough, but I was a big-time Oiler fan back in the day

Reactions: peaygolf
View attachment 194424My all time favorite #00
Back in the old days it was the fashion to have your own jersey with your own name when you're in college. then you wouldn't be caught dead wearing someone else's Jersey. 00 was the number I chose. I think big people like Kahlil McKenzie should be allowed to have three digits. It would make more fashion sense.

Reactions: peaygolf
Crouch was mentioned on the VQ podcast as a guy who has been turning some heads early.
tenor.gif

It probably would have gone over my head for Burrough, but I was a big-time Oiler fan back in the day

Same. I watched them many times as a youngster from row 2 end zone in the Astrodome when they had Bum Phillips, Earl, Pastorini, Brazile, Kiner, Bethea, Vernon Perry, even Jack Tatum for a couple of years. Earl Campbell and that D were tough.

Same. I watched them many times as a youngster from row 2 end zone in the Astrodome when they had Bum Phillips, Earl, Pastorini, Brazile, Kiner, Bethea, Vernon Perry, even Jack Tatum for a couple of years. Earl Campbell and that D were tough.
One of my football heroes from back then was Billy White Shoes Johnson. There was a story in the paper where the most he ever made with 35000 a year. But Adams was quoted as for the reason for that what was that Billy White Shoes had a playing style that was conducive to him being injured and therefore unable to fulfil his contract. That was his justification for paying a lower salary.

Reactions: Ulysees E. McGill

VN Store

Back