Non-Lady Vol news 2018-19

The LVs have gotten too used to losing. They shrug a bad game off as just another loss and excuse historically bad performances and record losing streaks as NBD. Holly enables that mentality. Other coaches (including Pat) wouldn't have tolerated that, and as soon as the LVs get another HC that won't, we'll see a noticeable difference in the attitude and effort of this team. Fewer excuses and less mollycoddling will translate to more wins. The turnaround could be quick with the right leadership.

We are well aware of our situation. No need for just a chicken to remind us.
Didn't mean much by it. Frustrated that we lost to them again but kinda knew it would happen. You need a good team + good coaching to even have a chance to beat Geno, & even then your chances are slim.

Good luck in your game vs Auburn tomorrow

The tournament should be great this year, but honestly I see only 6 teams as having a chance to win it all. UConn, Oregon, Mississippi State, Baylor, Louisville and Notre Dame. Barring injury, Baylor has the most depth and how about that freshman Ursin. She is really fun to watch. UConn and Oregon would be especially hit hard if a starter fouls out, but with Uconn that would be extremely rare. Watch out if UConn gets to the final game. Are they undefeated in the championship game?

Next year will be an entirely different team. It's possible that UConn will return to the dark ages of 2005/7. They lose two stars in Samuelson and their best player Collier (40 ppg between them). They've got squat coming in (one recruit ranked #33) and unless Auriemma can scrape up a couple of warm bodies they might have an 8 man roster that includes 4 players that are currently one of the weakest benches in UConn history.

They do have a first rate PG and a couple of #1 picks (that still have a long way to go). However, they also have Auriemma so we'll see.

Reactions: stlvolsfan
The tournament should be great this year, but honestly I see only 6 teams as having a chance to win it all. UConn, Oregon, Mississippi State, Baylor, Louisville and Notre Dame. Barring injury, Baylor has the most depth and how about that freshman Ursin. She is really fun to watch. UConn and Oregon would be especially hit hard if a starter fouls out, but with Uconn that would be extremely rare. Watch out if UConn gets to the final game. Are they undefeated in the championship game?
They are undefeated in championship games.

Didn't mean much by it. Frustrated that we lost to them again but kinda knew it would happen. You need a good team + good coaching to even have a chance to beat Geno, & even then your chances are slim.

Good luck in your game vs Auburn tomorrow
Thanks, please excuse me if I seemed curt.
It's been difficult around here for awhile.

Gotz to win them all Gule. Who wants to take the chance of being a #1 seed that gets shipped to Albany and face #2 seed UConn on decidedly home court for the Huskies.

I still remember the season we beat A&M three times and then had to face them a fourth time in the Dallas Regional.

We've beat UConn once this season. I say let sleeping dogs lie.

Reactions: Smallvol#1
I believe that you and Nute Gunray are correct about UConn's success in championship games. It's my understanding that Coach Mulkey plans to throw the All-Name Team at them if we meet in the finals:

PG-Juicy Landrum
SG-Moon Ursin
SF-DiDi Richards (not really so uncommon)
PF-Queen Egbo
C-Lauren Cox™ ***note***

***Not sure if Geno has taught them how to handle Cox™*** 🤔

BTW, (Moon) Ursin is a Soph that was way underrated as she elected to bypass the AAU Circuit and train each summer with her dad instead.

Reactions: NoBackBoard
It's unclear if DiDi Richards will suit up or play for Baylor tonight vs K State as her PaPa's funeral was scheduled for today.

Thoughts and prayers to DiDi and her family in this great time of sorrow.
DiDi is playing.

KSU packing the paint and Didi hits a FT jumper

WacoKelly83 7:11p

Didi looks a little out of sync. But that's certainly understandable.

One of the best ever to give instruction regardless of the sport. Totally Awesome having Coach Geno visit the Hawks Nest today to see the @HHCALadyHawks talent! @KiKiHunt @UConnWBB He is after Kamilla Cardoso, and Treasure Hunt. In Chattanooga Tennessee.

Attachments

• IMG_20190213_224923.jpg
    IMG_20190213_224923.jpg
    88 KB · Views: 19
Hope Geno doesn't get the French Juco Alexandria Obough-Feque. Who knows how short the UT bench will be next season.

One of the best ever to give instruction regardless of the sport. Totally Awesome having Coach Geno visit the Hawks Nest today to see the @HHCALadyHawks talent! @KiKiHunt @UConnWBB He is after Kamilla Cardoso, and Treasure Hunt. In Chattanooga Tennessee.

Was it you ? Saying Kamilla was leaning to UCONN and Treasure towards UT? Some on this forum think her game (Kamilla) is not what we would want ??? But if Geno wants here !!!! There you go .... A definitely different programs so.... you got to wonder? 🤔

I have watched her for two years and she keeps the ball high and does not bring it down to the little people!!!! Mercedes has always done this even in her FIFTH year.... Carodosa was not doing this as a Freshman in high school..... Just Saying
But this is a fundamental in playing basketball... She would not be taught fundamentals at UT..... Maybe this is why Geno wants her and not UT???

Last edited:
Reactions: Coach Jumper
Was it you ? Saying Kamilla was leaning to UCONN and Treasure towards UT? Some on this forum think her game (Kamilla) is not what we would want ??? But if Geno wants here !!!! There you go .... A definitely different programs so.... you got to wonder? 🤔

I have watched her for two years and she keeps the ball high and does not bring it down to the little people!!!! Mercedes has always done this even in her FIFTH year.... Carodosa was not doing this as a Freshman in high school..... Just Saying
But this is a fundamental in playing basketball... She would not be taught fundamentals at UT..... Maybe this is why Geno wants her and not UT???

Yes I said Kamilla was leaning to UCONN, UT has not offered her for several reasons, I want say what they are. Yes Treasure towards UT. I still believe she will go to Kentucky, just me... I believe Kentucky will offer her mother an assistant coaching job, She is a very good coach, I've watch her for a long time, her team has been it the top 10 in High school for a long time. This women knows how to coach.

Sophomore forward Rakell Spencer is done for the season and suffering a torn ACL in LSU’s victory against Arkansas last week. Spencer will undergo surgery, possibly within the next two weeks, Fargas said.

Spencer had recently moved into the starting lineup, making her third career start in the Arkansas game. She played in 20 games overall averaging 1.1 points and seven minutes.

Miss St allowed them to hit 11 threes. No one in the SEC knows how to guard the three anybody can get wide open looks for their best shooters.

Mizzou played their butts off and Sophie was sick...reminiscent of the Jordan flu game. On the plus side hopefully they have a win hangover and lay a huge goose egg in Columbia on Sunday against the LV!

That is the only thing working in our favor right now. Both MIZZOU and TAMU have to play Mississippi State just before us and they're a load. Those girls banging with McGowan all night are going to be sore for a week. There were more people on the floor in that game than I remember seeing for a while, lost of "play on."

VN Store

Back