Kentucky goes down

I know. Just thinking about possible scenarios. It's not likely we run the table in the SEC. In fact, it's highly likely we get at least 2 losses.
We are the #1 team in the country so no loss is highly likely...We have won in tough places before and remember this team won at Rupp last year...They are not intimidated...With the team we got and the coach we got I honestly do not think any team is going to beat us in the SEC although they might but this team is special and I believe they come out with a chip on their shoulder this Saturday and want to prove to the entire country they belong where they are....At the top!

Calipari will hammer on them, “do you want to go down as the team that lost three straight at Rupp?” They will come out breathing fire on Saturday.

yep...just like Holly told the LV's when they were losing at home and losing and losing

Kentucky loses a conference game and this hurts us? I thought we wanted to win the SEC?
the way I am reading this is they will be more focused now after a loss. out to prove themselves, instead of being complacent with their 14 game streak, or whatever it was.

I normally don't complain about officials but the 8 on 5 will be in full force Sat. night especially after Cal whined about the ball being in the cylinder....which it was, but still.

Tighten up Vols. No stupid touch fouls because they will be called Sat. night.

the way I am reading this is they will be more focused now after a loss. out to prove themselves, instead of being complacent with their 14 game streak, or whatever it was.

Yeah, we're the number 1 team in the country and on a historic winning streak. Don't forget we swept them in the regular season last year. They are going to want this. We just have to want it more.

I normally don't complain about officials but the 8 on 5 will be in full force Sat. night especially after Cal whined about the ball being in the cylinder....which it was, but still.

Tighten up Vols. No stupid touch fouls because they will be called Sat. night.
My favorite was when Mays got called when Wall ran into Cousins in TBA under Pearl. never believed the refs would be so overt to help Kentucky until I saw that.

I know. Just thinking about possible scenarios. It's not likely we run the table in the SEC. In fact, it's highly likely we get at least 2 losses.

What exactly makes you think that? Other than the two bad games against Vandy and Bama, we have pretty much been in control of every game we've been in since then. Everything leading up to this point would indicate we have a better chance at running the table than getting beat two more times.

What exactly makes you think that? Other than the two bad games against Vandy and Bama, we have pretty much been in control of every game we've been in since then. Everything leading up to this point would indicate we have a better chance at running the table than getting beat two more times.

We have won 18 games in a row pretty easily against teams that are not so great. In the last few games, we have to play 3 games against 20-4 teams (2 of those games on the road), two 16-7 teams on the road, and a 17-7 team. These last few games are going to be really tough. With 4 road games against Kentucky, LSU, Ole Miss, and Auburn, it would not surprise me at all if we drop 2 of those games.

Then should we lose to South Carolina to show our complacency after 18 straight and we’ll be more focused for Kentucky? I love that Ky lost, they looked tired and couldn’t seem to find a leader @ the end of the game and they probably have some doubt as #1 rolls in to town.

We have won 18 games in a row pretty easily against teams that are not so great. In the last few games, we have to play 3 games against 20-4 teams (2 of those games on the road), two 16-7 teams on the road, and a 17-7 team. These last few games are going to be really tough. With 4 road games against Kentucky, LSU, Ole Miss, and Auburn, it would not surprise me at all if we drop 2 of those games.

So your argument is that because our next few games the records of the teams are 20-4? Haven't these teams already played the same teams we have? Yet we're the team who is consistently doing the same thing and winning. For all we know those teams are just a product of playing crap teams.

So your argument is that because our next few games the records of the teams are 20-4? Haven't these teams already played the same teams we have? Yet we're the team who is consistently doing the same thing and winning. For all we know those teams are just a product of playing crap teams.

Beating two 20-4 teams on the road will be really tough. We'll see what happens, but Tennessee has not been tested in a while. And I don't see how thinking we might go 16-2 in the SEC is going out on a limb.

Beating two 20-4 teams on the road will be really tough. We'll see what happens, but Tennessee has not been tested in a while. And I don't see how thinking we might go 16-2 in the SEC is going out on a limb.
I think we're losing 2, perhaps 3 games between now and the regular season. There are actually 5 games total that if we dropped any number of them, I wouldn't be stunned. At Kentucky, at LSU, Kentucky, Miss St, and at Auburn. The schedule is really back loaded. We haven't been tested against a good team since at Florida (and that win, while great, doesn't look overly impressive now) and haven't truly been in a big spot since we played Gonzaga. That's a long time ago. Our last tests period were against Alabama and at Vandy, but those games are closing in on a month ago and neither of them are good teams.

I'd rather get hot in tournament time than peak right at the end of the regular season anyway. I'm OK with missing out of the regular season championship. Nobody really remembers those.

You are dealing with irrational homers

Again, they have played the same teams we have, the difference being we’ve not dropped any to inferior opponents. Sure it’s been close but this team has pulled it out.

We are second in the nation when it comes to offensive efficiency behind only Gonzaga, who we beat btw, and I believe we’re top five in defensive efficiency.

While yes they are both 20-4, but we haven’t exactly regressed any, we’ve been consistent.

The rest of the teams on our schedule have not. I’m more inclined to lean towards us winning than losing.

You are dealing with irrational homers

What’s irrational about believing this team could win out? What exactly leads you to believe they won’t?

How about coming back with an actual argument instead of calling people irrational homers.

What’s irrational about believing this team could win out? What exactly leads you to believe they won’t?

How about coming back with an actual argument instead of calling people irrational homers.
Care to list the number of teams that have finished with one loss or better in the last decade? Care to list the number of teams that have gone undefeated in SEC play?

Could we? Sure it’s possible. To think likely is dumb.

The hardest part of our schedule is in front of us. Not behind us.

Care to list the number of teams that have finished with one loss or better in the last decade? Care to list the number of teams that have gone undefeated in SEC play?

Could we? Sure it’s possible. To think likely is dumb.

The hardest part of our schedule is in front of us. Not behind us.

In the last decade? UK twice went undefeated and Floida went undefeated once, in conference

Again, we’ve played the same guys the rest of have played, and unlike them we took care of business.

Stat wise we’re better than all of them, and I believe we have a deeper bench than the rest of them as well. Shoot for a stretch there we had four or more players score 15 points or more in a few straight games.

The others on our list don’t have that.

So, why can’t we win?

In the last decade? UK twice went undefeated and Floida went undefeated once, in conference

Again, we’ve played the same guys the rest of have played, and unlike them we took care of business.

Stat wise we’re better than all of them, and I believe we have a deeper bench than the rest of them as well. Shoot for a stretch there we had four or more players score 15 points or more in a few straight games.

The others on our list don’t have that.

So, why can’t we win?

No one said we couldn't win. I'll be thrilled if we go 16-0 in conference play. We might be able to do it, but college basketball is the most unpredictable sport. Anything can happen in one game, and we're dealing with 18-22 year olds, who are not always 100% focused and often feed off each others' emotions. That can be a great thing or a bad thing. The hardest part of our schedule is coming up. It'll really put our team to the test. I hope they ace it. I just won't be surprised if they slip up a time or 2.

VN Store

Back