2019 NFL Offseason Thread

Looks like Foles wants to start somewhere. Lot of options due to whats expected to be an underwhelming QB draft class this year. Who takes him? Seems like a Broncos thing to do, but I don't know what kind of money they owe Keenum. Jags? Redskins? I don't know that he is the franchise QB everyone wants. But he's certainly solid. Frankly I'm not sure Wentz will every be what the Eagles want. With a spinal injury? I'd retire if I was him.

Looks like Foles wants to start somewhere. Lot of options due to whats expected to be an underwhelming QB draft class this year. Who takes him? Seems like a Broncos thing to do, but I don't know what kind of money they owe Keenum. Jags? Redskins? I don't know that he is the franchise QB everyone wants. But he's certainly solid. Frankly I'm not sure Wentz will every be what the Eagles want. With a spinal injury? I'd retire if I was him.

IIRC, they only owe Keenum $5m if they cut him (before a certain date).

I could see Jags or Dolphins going after him. I could also see the Raiders moving Carr and going for Foles. Would be a very Gruden thing to do. Not sure if they allow him to go to an NFC East team, but the Giants would be a great fit.

It was going to happen anyway. He had a $20 million option that they picked up. He paid $3 mil to them to opt out and they slapped the franchise tag which should guarantee him $25 mil...so he netted $2 mil more. The Eagles weren’t going to keep him for the $20 mil. Rumored they’re angling for a 3rd rounder...they’ll get more.

It was going to happen anyway. He had a $20 million option that they picked up. He paid $3 mil to them to opt out and they slapped the franchise tag which should guarantee him $25 mil...so he netted $2 mil more. The Eagles weren’t going to keep him for the $20 mil. Rumored they’re angling for a 3rd rounder...they’ll get more.
Probably, but they shouldn’t

So Kentucky's DC (House) is off to KC to coach linebackers. Could be good for the Vols and good for the Chiefs. House seemed to do well with Allen.

Some other Chiefs news here - Berry mentioned about halfway down and McKenzie discussed in the very last bullet point. In short, Berry is still medical concern but with hopes for him to return in 2019 (they still owe him a bunch of money) and McKenzie coming along as O-Tackle.

Article here if anyone interested:

Brett Veach roundup: Patrick Mahomes’ future contract, switch to 4-3 defense, Eric Berry and more

So Kentucky's DC (House) is off to KC to coach linebackers. Could be good for the Vols and good for the Chiefs. House seemed to do well with Allen.

Some other Chiefs news here - Berry mentioned about halfway down and McKenzie discussed in the very last bullet point. In short, Berry is still medical concern but with hopes for him to return in 2019 (they still owe him a bunch of money) and McKenzie coming along as O-Tackle.

Article here if anyone interested:

Brett Veach roundup: Patrick Mahomes’ future contract, switch to 4-3 defense, Eric Berry and more
Read the article immediately thinking “WTF?”...he’s an OG.

Read the article immediately thinking “WTF?”...he’s an OG.

Yeah, I don't know what I was thinking when I typed that. Or I guess I know what I was thinking but I don't know why I was thinking it. But whatev.

Well, nevermind on that Matt House thing. They're saying it was all a farce.

Antonio Brown wanting out of Pittsburgh. I could honestly see the Pats making a move for him. That would be a total Bill move to grab a disgruntled star.

Joe Flacco to the Broncos. Which means it's the Lamar Jackson show in Baltimore.

Personally I think the Ravens will be looking for another QB in a few years, but we'll see.

Reactions: 95 Vol Alum
Flacco is overrated/overpaid, but we're only giving up a middle-round pick and the Ravens are going to take on $16M of dead cap space, so we'll only be paying him about $21M per year. We were paying Keenum $18M. Hopefully we can deal him instead of taking the $5M hit from cutting him.

Flacco 2018 - 274 ypg, 3.2 TD%, 1.6 INT%
Keenum 2018 (with better weapons) - 243 ypg, 3.1 TD%, 2.6 INT%

Joe Flacco to the Broncos? Really? I admit I don't get it. One second rate QB after another. Well, I hope he prices me wrong and the Broncos do well but I have my doubts.

Joe Flacco to the Broncos? Really? I admit I don't get it. One second rate QB after another. Well, I hope he prices me wrong and the Broncos do well but I have my doubts.

Flacco's not bad. He gets undue criticism because of what he's paid and what became expected of him after the SB. In 11 years, he's only had 2 losing records, and both were partial seasons. He's not in that top tier that can just go out and win you any game, but he's right below that tier among the best game managers who can fairly reliably make big plays when needed.

Flacco's not bad. He gets undue criticism because of what he's paid and what became expected of him after the SB. In 11 years, he's only had 2 losing records, and both were partial seasons. He's not in that top tier that can just go out and win you any game, but he's right below that tier among the best game managers who can fairly reliably make big plays when needed.

He’s bad Hines.

He’s bad Hines.

Those stats aren't good, but they don't tell the whole story. He's not throwing to anybody good. His last full season he threw for 4300 yards to a washed up Mike Wallace and a 37 YO Steve Smith. The dude has had nothing since 2012. Just 3 total 1,000 yard WR's (none of them reached 1,150 yards: S Smith, Wallace, T Smith) in the past 6 years for the Ravens. Wallace played 32 games the previous 2 years (before Flacco) and had 862, then 473 yards. He was dogshit at that point, and Flacco got 1,000 out of him.

VN Store

Back