Recruiting Forum Football Talk [RIP 9.3.2019]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hubbs saying “if there is an opportunity open” then we will hire Jay Graham. Saying Sherrer will run special teams unless he leaves for a DC job

Sherrer wanted the Kentucky DC job and thought he was getting it until He (Kentucky DC) decided to stay. That would’ve opened up an easy spot for Jay.

I believe and have heard Sherrar is set at ILB and ST, Ansley DC/DB

I believe rumph would be the person to leave seeing as he may lose his co-dc title.

Reactions: Bret178
I'd bet a lot of money a poll here would show Barnes gets the nod with VN

Someone do a poll

I know that and that’s easy to to say especially the way our season is going this year but i think if the actual choice was given then people would hire Cal.

Sherrer wanted the Kentucky DC job and thought he was getting it until He (Kentucky DC) decided to stay. That would’ve opened up an easy spot for Jay.

I believe rumph would be the person to leave seeing as he may lose his co-dc title.
Interesting. Hubbs specifically mentioned that we could move an offensive coach to an off the field roll to make room as well.

He left didn't he ?

I know that and that’s easy to to say especially the way our season is going this year but i think if the actual choice was given then people would hire Cal.

From the looks of the way recruiting is going Barnes has this program set to succeed long term. It appears we are going to do very very well with top 20-50 prospects going forward. I don't think he wants the top one and dones. In fact I know he's telling recruits he doesn't

Reactions: nicksjuzunk
One thing learned from the Duke game - don't get up by so much that they begin to press you. Their press, with their length, is just nasty.
If the officials had been calling fouls on them when they were pretty much assaulting the Louisville players it wouldn't have seemed like a great idea...but they let it go, which is probably what will always happen to anybody playing Duke. If a couple more deserved reach in and over the back fouls had been called Duke would have lost.

Reactions: Devo182
If the officials had been calling fouls on them when they were pretty much assaulting the Louisville players it wouldn't have seemed like a great idea...but they let it go, which is probably what will always happen to anybody playing Duke. If a couple more deserved reach in and over the back fouls had been called Duke would have lost.

It was physical and called that way the whole game.

With our players ?

The post wasn't discussing how Cal would succeed as our coach but it was about how well our current roster would perform if he was our coach. Imo there is no was this team would play Nearly ad together and structured as they are now under Barnes if Cal coached them
I mean, I get that. But we wouldn’t be relying on 3 star guys to play above their rating either.

It’s a totally different style. Both have their merits, but I can’t find any way to say Rick Barnes has been more successful than Cal.

What does that even mean? There is no way you’re picking 1/2 those coaches over Cal to give the keys to your program to for the next say 5 years.

K, Izzo, self, Wright, and maybe Williams at the only coaches that should be ahead of Cal.
Mark Few is 100% a better coach than Cal.

Duke gets away with everything.....I mean literally everything.

I mean, I get that. But we wouldn’t be relying on 3 star guys to play above their rating either.

It’s a totally different style. Both have their merits, but I can’t find any way to say Rick Barnes has been more successful than Cal.
4 straight regular season wins (about to make it 5) sounds pretty good

Are y'all really arguing over whether this fanbase would want another BB coach?

Are you dense? Rick Barnes. The man who has had us at #1 for a month, longer than any period in our history, and y'all really want to argue that the fanbase wants, or might want, someone else.

It's stupid crap like this that people make fun of other fans.

Be better, y'all. Be better.

It’s different styles to take lower rates players and develop them over 4 years versus developing and mentoring one or two and dones. Both are talented skill sets just different. Swap high level coaches with either skill and it’s a mismatch at times. What’s impressive about K is he has done it both ways.

Reactions: Ulysees E. McGill

Are you dense? Rick Barnes. The man who has had us at #1 for a month, longer than any period in our history, and y'all really want to argue that the fanbase wants, or might want, someone else.

He’s perfect for TN. We can call this “delusional vol syndrome” DVS.

Reactions: OrangenSC

Well it's Hank soooo

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back