Tennessee didn’t get a single NFL Combine invite

I looked back 4 years to see what our class rank was. In 2015 Tennessee had the #4 ranked class in the nation according to 24/7 with 30 signees. Not a single one of them were invited to the combine. I truly think we may have had one of the worst coaching staffs in the history of the game. They were incapable of player development.

Reactions: GBOx2
If there is a way to link this thread to posts at the beginning of the season that made arguments about the level of Tennessee's talent based on recruiting rankings.

As has been said before, at some point you stop being a 4 star recruit and you start being what you do at the next level.

THIS!

IMO, once you step on campus all the recruiting stuff gets thrown out the window. It doesn't matter any more. Plus, these rankings are made when the players are 16-17 years old. How is that relevant when they 19-21 years old?

Tennesse didn't have any NFL quality players graduate or declare, not one, so it stands to reason that there were no combine invites.
The Vols were "taken to the woodshed" by Vanderbilt, let that sink in for a minute.
Quarte Sapp declared for the draft.

If there is a way to link this thread to posts at the beginning of the season that made arguments about the level of Tennessee's talent based on recruiting rankings.

As has been said before, at some point you stop being a 4 star recruit and you start being what you do at the next level.

Not on VN, not according to the geniuses on here. Hell, we got guys wanting to add guys (transfers) to our current recruiting class ranking as 5 stars as a means to artificially upgrade that recruiting class, despite each of two those players having 2 seasons so far as a collegiate player where they’ve clearly established themselves as maybe, maybe 2 star players. It’s bizarre.

Not on VN, not according to the geniuses on here. Hell, we got guys wanting to add guys (transfers) to our current recruiting class ranking as 5 stars as a means to artificially upgrade that recruiting class, despite each of two those players having 2 seasons so far as a collegiate player where they’ve clearly established themselves as maybe, maybe 2 star players. It’s bizarre.

For some, what's written is more important than what actually happens on the field.

I looked back 4 years to see what our class rank was. In 2015 Tennessee had the #4 ranked class in the nation according to 24/7 with 30 signees. Not a single one of them were invited to the combine. I truly think we may have had one of the worst coaching staffs in the history of the game. They were incapable of player development.
McKenzie John kelly and AK went to the combine just not this year. They were all part of the 2015 class

Reactions: Dobbs 4 Heisman
And people will argue with you that we had more talent on the field against Vandy.

Alvin Kamara
John Kelly
Kahlil McKenzie

All 3 were in the 2015 recruiting class and were invited to the combine. Just not this year.

Plus a guy like Preston Williams who transferred was in that class and although he wasn't invited to the combine because of off-field issues, he's most likely gonna be drafted. And then you have the likes of Darrell Taylor, Darrin Kirkland Jr., and Jauan Jennings that are still in school and could potentially make it to the NFL next year.

All in all, its very likely 7 players from the 2015 recruiting class end up as NFL players. That's not bad.

Reactions: PruittEra
I would have thought Phillips would have... and he will get a shot at making a team even if he goes undrafted.

right now we're hearing a 5-7 rd grade. he is supposed to work with Chuck Smith and that will definitely help Kyle. I think he'll make a roster and be a good player. Man a lot of talent went down the drain under that band director regime

Didn’t Palardy run the fastest 40 a few years back at our Pro Day? That’s more embarrassing than not having anyone invited to the Combine.

The day they handed the reins over to Randy Sanders, the decent into Hell began.

I know that I just could not get enough of those 3 yard bubble screens on 1st down, and those oh-so-tricksy "ATTENTION IN THE STADIUM JAMES BANKS IS IN AT QB SO THE NEXT PLAY IS A QB DRAW" plays on 2nd, then a 5 yard pattern on 3rd and 9.

Ole Clueless was a wonder to behold. Meanwhile, Fulmer yelled at reporters and the fans if he was ever questioned. He just clapped his hands, grimaced a little, and continued to get fatter and fatter.

Oh....for the glorious mid 2000s!!!!!!

Reactions: kbear01
I swear Dave Hart should have to pay for Botch’s buyout.

No! Dave hired Rick Barnes so his track record is not that bad. The Kiffin debacle started the football demise and Hamilton must bear the weight of the fiasco that followed. Seriously Butch was way down the hiring list but he had two 9 win seasons and that could be the high water mark for awhile. No, Butch could not sustain it, but considering what he inherited from Dooley who inherited the baggage from Kiffin, winning 9 games twice was not that shabby.

No! Dave hired Rick Barnes so his track record is not that bad. The Kiffin debacle started the football demise and Hamilton must bear the weight of the fiasco that followed. Seriously Butch was way down the hiring list but he had two 9 win seasons and that could be the high water mark for awhile. No, Butch could not sustain it, but considering what he inherited from Dooley who inherited the baggage from Kiffin, winning 9 games twice was not that shabby.

Butch Jones should never have been hired. That was Harts doing. Big whoop he got Barnes.

What's up with that? Work harder....
c8e64377-7489-406a-a401-94f9eae1e688-USP_NCAA_Football__Alabama_at_Tennessee.JPG

They can get mental combine reps....that will help them in the draft process I'm sure

VN Store

Back