2019 Season Predictions/Discussion

I saw a few innings. Lingo was pretty wild with a lot of walks. I was really hoping he had stopped all of that. Wallace struggled with control as well. That Saturday starter job may be open.

Really hoping Lingo can put it together this year. He’s super talented.

Schultz having more of a role in the bullpen would be nice as well. He has big arm talent too.

From listening to a few CTV interviews, it sounds like the weekend starters will 3 of Stallings, Neely, Hunley, and Lingo. I think Crochet will be the closer/guy out of the pen with the game on the line.

I agree with you on the rotation. I heard Hunley is having a good spring so far so my guess is he will slip into one of those slots if he’s not already in there. The rotation will probably change some I would imagine leading up to SEC play. It’s great to have so many experienced guys.

I saw a few innings. Lingo was pretty wild with a lot of walks. I was really hoping he had stopped all of that. Wallace struggled with control as well. That Saturday starter job may be open.

A little wild. 8-9 walks OMG. We do that in SEC play we get killed. I was there holding my breath!!!! Hope this weekend is better.

A little wild. 8-9 walks OMG. We do that in SEC play we get killed. I was there holding my breath!!!! Hope this weekend is better.

Rumorgirl, you have seen them a lot more than me. Who would be your weekend starters and relievers?

I have also watched several of the scrimmages last fall and this spring. Based on what I have seen, I would go with stallings on Fri, Hunley on Saturday, Neely on Sunday. Those guys are pretty consistent. Just can’t have excessive walks from your starters....and some of the other guys have been struggling with that. But then again, I’m not the coach. Ha.

Reactions: RollerVol
I have also watched several of the scrimmages last fall and this spring. Based on what I have seen, I would go with stallings on Fri, Hunley on Saturday, Neely on Sunday. Those guys are pretty consistent. Just can’t have excessive walks from your starters....and some of the other guys have been struggling with that. But then again, I’m not the coach. Ha.

I like this rotation. Especially if Lingo is still Wild Thing.

Somehow have to get lingo to stop the walks and Neely to stop the 1st inning collapses like he had last year. Heard he also did the same thing (4or 5 runs) in Sunday scrimmage. And, don’t wear out Stallings at the first of the season like he did last year.

No hammer of lingo intended. I love him, I want him to be successful. We need his arm just like we need Stallings and the other guy TBD

Go Vols.

Rumorgirl you joined the forum on 11/15. Vols reporter was last seen on 11/8. I cannot help but notice how similar your writing styles are. Do you two know each other by chance?

One of the great struggles is finding pitchers who can get outs but not walk. The new mindset is that everyone who can throw it hard can be taught to throw strikes but that is not the case. I hope this year there is a consistency to throw strikes and get outs through the whole weekend. I think the coaching staff is building something that could be special.

Rumorgirl you joined the forum on 11/15. Vols reporter was last seen on 11/8. I cannot help but notice how similar your writing styles are. Do you two know each other by chance?

No relation!!!

I will be at opening day. I like to sit down third base to watch the game and can see what the Tennessee coaches are doing. Want to meet up?

2tmihq.jpg

VN Store

Back