Recruiting Forum Football Talk [RIP 9.3.2019]

Status
Not open for further replies.
I always cringe when I see a Rucker tweet. Mainly because of the workout tweet that gets replayed on here just about erry stinkin' day.

He has a tendency to really play to the "social media personality" side of things rather than just tweet the news from behind the scenes. I get that it's his twitter account, but like, I don't care about him as an individual. I only care about the Vols. He's not interesting and his takes are too comfortably edgy to add any value to the world. I don't follow him on twitter because I need to know what he thinks about the Predators.

Reactions: Aesius and drvenner
I'd love to think that we can make a big bounce upward in Year 2, but uhhh... I think something's disproportionately weighted in their algorithm..

Apparently the algorithm must favor the SEC. We're ranked #10 in the SEC so there are 9 SEC teams it ranks above us. There are 2 ACC teams ranked higher than us, 1 Big12 team (we could be in the championship over there), 4 Big10 teams, 3 Pac12 teams, and 1 Independent. We live and die in the SEC so in context we're expected to do better than Ole Miss, Arkansas, Kentucky, and Vanderbilt. That doesn't see too far fetched to me.

Reactions: ChismsHeadband
I'd love to think that we can make a big bounce upward in Year 2, but uhhh... I think something's disproportionately weighted in their algorithm..

With this staff, I don't think it's asking too much for a jump from year one to year two. At the very least, we should beat VU and MIZZOU, and challenge a few teams that come in as favorites. We did it last year but didn't have the horses to finish down the stretch.

We'll be a better football team this year; more talent, better conditioning, more focused...bigger, faster, stronger.

May not be a huge jump but, all we need is one more regular season win and we go bowling. With the right matchup, that could translate to two more wins, minimum.

I like those numbers, especially going into 2020 where I expect to be, at the very least, a dark horse favorite for the East.

Future is bright, peeps.

Apparently the algorithm must favor the SEC. We're ranked #10 in the SEC so there are 9 SEC teams it ranks above us. There are 2 ACC teams ranked higher than us, 1 Big12 team (we could be in the championship over there), 4 Big10 teams, 3 Pac12 teams, and 1 Independent. We live and die in the SEC so in context we're expected to do better than Ole Miss, Arkansas, Kentucky, and Vanderbilt. That doesn't see too far fetched to me.

With this staff, I don't think it's asking too much for a jump from year one to year two. At the very least, we should beat VU and MIZZOU, and challenge a few teams that come in as favorites. We did it last year but didn't have the horses to finish down the stretch.

We'll be a better football team this year; more talent, better conditioning, more focused...bigger, faster, stronger.

May not be a huge jump but, all we need is one more regular season win and we go bowling. With the right matchup, that could translate to two more wins, minimum.

I like those numbers, especially going into 2020 where I expect to be, at the very least, a dark horse favorite for the East.

Future is bright, peeps.

I don't disagree that we could see that magical Year 2 take-off. It's just really weird to see it on paper.

Reactions: ob79
He has a tendency to really play to the "social media personality" side of things rather than just tweet the news from behind the scenes. I get that it's his twitter account, but like, I don't care about him as an individual. I only care about the Vols. He's not interesting and his takes are too comfortably edgy to add any value to the world. I don't follow him on twitter because I need to know what he thinks about the Predators.

Yeah. His attempts at folksy charm or whatever are kinda cringe-worthy most of the time. But he has earned by far the biggest following out of any Vols media member, so I guess it works for him.

I think he's a lot less intolerable now than he used to be. He seems to have chilled out with age and has become less "clickbaity." He has his moments as a writer and produces some decent work from time to time, but he desperately needs an editor. But as with most media outlets, I would imagine 247 axed their editors long, long ago.

Can't believe they cleared Pons to play this week against SCAR. I thought we'd be lucky to have him back for UK. Tough dude.
You just know someone is gonna slap him in the face while going for a rebound if he's in the game. I hope he's tough but I also hope the game is well in hand and he doesn't have to play.

Future is bright, peeps.

This feels like a 6 or 7 win team, but with real upside if they win a few close ones or the coaches manage to put together an OL and/or DL that's at least average. Either way, it seems like Pruitt's in the process of building something special. Should be fun to watch.

Hopefully his Bane mask will be ready.

OF COURSE

maxresdefault.jpg

This feels like a 6 or 7 win team, but with real upside if they win a few close ones or the coaches manage to put together an OL and/or DL that's at least average. Either way, it seems like Pruitt's in the process of building something special. Should be fun to watch.

Agreed, but I feel like this staff is capable of pulling an upset, maybe two. They did it last year, why not?

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back