XFL 2023

I didnt catch the earlier game, so the Express just suck really bad or are the Iron just good?

Yea Birmingham looked pretty good. But , hackenberg was terribad. Cant wait to see what the turnout for the game is sunday in memphis. Was talking to a friend, they need to get Johnny Manziel. Need some more big names like trent Richardson.

Reactions: CagleMtnVol
This online conversion rule is weird. Instead of kicking - with the possibility of successful onside kick - you try a 4th and 12 from your own 28. Make the 12 yards to keep the ball, now at your own 40 (or better). Fail to convert and the other team gets the ball with excellent field position.

Which, when you think about it, is about the field position you'd get on an actual onside kick, either successful or not.

Listening to the DA show this morning. He made some points about the AAF - all three positives.

1) He likes the transparency in officiating. I agree. Maybe the transparency still doesnt show that every call made is correct. But look at the way the NFL just ran and hid after the NFC championship. It was annoying. Roger Coward Goodell. I think the NFL could learn something from the AAF, and I like the 9th official that can stop the game and review any play.

2) He likes the pace of he game. College games especially are long. AAF shows that you can play a game in a lot less time. The problem though is the money, the M-O-N-E-Y. The NFL and college ball have gotten so much money from the networks to televise the game, that they have to stop routinely to squeeze in commercials to make the money. For me, I dont usually mind a long game. I'm good with the length of football. I prefer the pace of the AAF but not especially the game length. (Now dont get me started on the ends of close basketball games - drives me crazy.)

3) He likes the hits. I've got to agree. Some of these hits they are putting on QBs and such - would not be allowed in the NFL. Sacks are so bleh anymore. You really want somebody to feel a hit. I guess you have to balance with safety though. Its certainly fun to watch. Part of the NFL's problem is that it is seen as unnecessarily dangerous and part of its problem is that it is seen as unnecessarily powderpuff. Hard to reconcile those two. Especially for Roger C. Goodell.

I think not having a game on CBS each week might hurt the league. The opening games did well but they were on a network everyone gets. From now on until the championship, all are on CBSSN and NFL Network. I don't get CBSSN so I have to find streams and I think they might lose a chunk of viewers who had some interest from Week 1.

Reactions: peaygolf
Birmingham vs Salt Lake play on TNT Saturday.

Yeah I didn't realize TNT was a network they were using as well. That's better than the CBSSN since more people get it.

I still wish they could have worked out getting one CBS game a week, although at the same time it wouldn't have worked for March because of the NCAAT, and the beginning of April is the Masters.

I do like the idea of the XFL winner playing the AAF winner; in fact assuming both leagues survive I bet it happens in about 3 years.

And then have that winner play the CFL champion. They can rotate rules they play by.

LOL, This guy is nuts.

Not really, he clearly wasn't interested in joining it, they approached him not the other way around and he threw out the price point that he thought would make it worth his time. Would agree with you if he was the one looking for a job in the AAF but there is no report of that.

VN Store

Back