If UT loses at uk, how will the top 5 look?

Which poll. They are already ahead of us in NCAA NET. AP 48 votes 16 Duke 3 VA does 3 weeks of this change this week, doubt it. Coaches Poll -- 32 first place votes I don't expect it to move either...
Expect KY to Move to 4th or stay the same 1-5 matchup 1-4 matchup its about money....and exposure for the Tourney......2-3 this weekend and a 1-4 next weekend...

I think sweeping Virginia and the win there last night makes a number of voters put them ahead of us. I would at this time if I had a vote. Our schedule just hasn't given us a buzz win in a long time

I think sweeping Virginia and the win there last night makes a number of voters put them ahead of us. I would at this time if I had a vote. Our schedule just hasn't given us a buzz win in a long time

I agree that some will vote Duke over Tennessee; however right now Tennessee has almost all of the 1st place votes......and voters still remember Duke lost at home to the Cuse.

Just my opinion but I think most will wait to see what happens in the KY-TN game. If Tennessee wins the poll gap will get bigger, if they lose Duke will go to #1.

Reactions: tnvols72
I don't disagree but these rankings are bogus anyway. A lot of fret and worry just give us a 1 or 2 or 3 seed in the bracket we deserve. We are going to get a run at the FF regardless.

Truthfully I think CRB knows what he has got and he is playing possum with this team... I think he ran them wild against GA and realized he did not have to do that.

I didn't think we would beat KY last year in Lexington but we did...I anxiously waiting to see if CRB turns the dogs loose or holds em back.... We do have a tough back end schedule but there is still more in the tank.

This back end schedule and the SEC Tourney will make our boys more hungry. They have got it and if they stay healthy the teams we play come tourney time will get our best shot and not the other way around...

The pieces are there and this team is not about headlines they are about "blue Collar" basketball...Bone has impressed me the most in step up and is playing the role as well as anybody.
Our blessing is we have a lot of fall back if the younger kids step it up....

I don't disagree but these rankings are bogus anyway. A lot of fret and worry just give us a 1 or 2 or 3 seed in the bracket we deserve. We are going to get a run at the FF regardless.

Truthfully I think CRB knows what he has got and he is playing possum with this team... I think he ran them wild against GA and realized he did not have to do that.

I didn't think we would beat KY last year in Lexington but we did...I anxiously waiting to see if CRB turns the dogs loose or holds em back.... We do have a tough back end schedule but there is still more in the tank.

This back end schedule and the SEC Tourney will make our boys more hungry. They have got it and if they stay healthy the teams we play come tourney time will get our best shot and not the other way around...

The pieces are there and this team is not about headlines they are about "blue Collar" basketball...Bone has impressed me the most in step up and is playing the role as well as anybody.
Our blessing is we have a lot of fall back if the younger kids step it up....
Yea I really don't care where we are ranked tomorrow.

ditto...I care if we are ranked if we are not @ #1 it is not of great concern. Too many games to be played plus a tournament....If we win the NCAA and are not #1 because NCAA NET says so. Then we have some concern.

Last edited:

While I agree that rankings don't matter too much right now. However the longer Tennessee can stay #1, I really think it gives them a better chance for a 1 seed. Sure all Tennessee has to do is take care of business, and they have all season, but a 1 seed means more than most know. Not sure if I have ever seen the #1 team not get a 1 seed, but arguments are made when teams are 3rd and 4th and so on.

Duke obviously goes back to #1, but how far does Ut Fall? Uk has more losses, and Ut Beat Gonzaga.
I'd say 6 or 7th. Something tells me our boys will be ready for next Sat. The upperclassmen leadership is off the charts and they've all "been there, done that". We may lose to KY, but it won't be for lack of effort or nerves. I'm ready for Lamonte to pull the daggers out again!

Reactions: PulaskiVolFan
Lol

By your theory since you think someone cheated on their taxes you don't have to pay yours.

Not at all, but when you’re gonna say I owe you money and you still owe money from a previous bet your damn right I’m not gonna pay it.

If you lose $100 with a bookie and don’t pay it, and win $100 on a game the next day he’s not gonna give you $100.

While I agree that rankings don't matter too much right now. However the longer Tennessee can stay #1, I really think it gives them a better chance for a 1 seed. Sure all Tennessee has to do is take care of business, and they have all season, but a 1 seed means more than most know. Not sure if I have ever seen the #1 team not get a 1 seed, but arguments are made when teams are 3rd and 4th and so on.
Absolutely...it also has to be really good for recruiting. Granted, I'm not going to doubt Barnes and his talent recognition, but you'd think we'll start getting some "nods" over some of our fellow SEC competitors who seem to be doing quite well recruiting...esp UF. The big question for next year is Grant. He's got millions of reasons for leaving, but he'd be in rare "Peyton-like" company for life (not that he's not already) if he stays...but...not really concerned about that right now...just enjoying the ride, however we may do, moving forward.

Reactions: JoAllan
Reactions: SolidRockGolf
Not at all, but when you’re gonna say I owe you money and you still owe money from a previous bet your damn right I’m not gonna pay it.

If you lose $100 with a bookie and don’t pay it, and win $100 on a game the next day he’s not gonna give you $100.
Lol.

Dude you are delusional sometimes. This is certainly one of those times.

For one my "bet" wasn't even a bet and it damn sure wasn't made with you. There werent two sides to it. No one had to pay if I won the "bet". It was made in good fun and generosity. I made donations to the family of the kid shot in Knoxville and the family member of the post which I don't recall whom that was.

Your bet was directly made with me. You lost and you and only you are welchimg because of some made up excuse.

So here's the deal. Stfu about making other bets because you are a liar and don't pay your debts.

And I am hopeful ziti is safe and sound and will show up and tell me what charity I need to donate the 100$ he won off me. That was a dumbass bet on my part but I'll gladly pay it because i am sure he will pick a good charity.

Last edited:
TV ratings will be higher with a #1 ranked Tn and probably a #4 Ky game. They have no reason to bump Tn to #2 just because the beat VA 2 times. They still lost to a bad Syracuse team at home

TV ratings will be higher with a #1 ranked Tn and probably a #4 Ky game. They have no reason to bump Tn to #2 just because the beat VA 2 times. They still lost to a bad Syracuse team at home

Losing at home wasn't good but Syracuse is a very solid team. 17-7 and will be a tourney team most likely

Would be like us losing to Miss State or Bama at home imo. I'd damn sure take that if we sweep Kentucky like Duke swept Virginia

Last edited:
Reactions: tnvols72
Why does everyone think we are going to lose to Kentucky? Did we not beat them twice last year? I actually think we are a better team than KY.

They have a very strong team, Rupp is a tough place to win at, and the refs will overwhelmingly favor them.

That coupled with the feeling we are due a loss is why I think we lose

Yeah I think it's all setting up to be a close loss. UT is used to just overpowering the opponent when they get down but UK will not back down and may overpower us if we don't bring maximum effort all game long. Plus they will get a lot of ticky-tacky calls in their favor.

Yeah I think it's all setting up to be a close loss. UT is used to just overpowering the opponent when they get down but UK will not back down and may overpower us if we don't bring maximum effort all game long. Plus they will get a lot of ticky-tacky calls in their favor.

If it's close we win Imo. Experience wins out

I expect them to win by 8-12

VN Store

Back