Game Thread: LADY VOLS AT NO. 6/6 MISSISSIPPI STATE

Every game when we are in it or leading at half Holly changes the lineup, I don`t care who is out there start with that lineup that got you back in the game.

Once this team realize that waving at the offensive player as they drive by and stepping to the side to help them on their way is not how to play defense, then we can truly see how good this team could be. Letting a person purposely go by you just so you can try to block the shot from behind is STUPID and it's getting our bigs in unnecessary foul trouble.

I think they just ran out of gas in the 4th. It was a fast and physical game and our bench was even shorter than normal. For 3 quarters, they looked not only like a tournament team, but a ranked team -- which hasn't really been the case since the win at Auburn.

The blowout in the 4th was pathetic, but for much of the game they looked as good as they have all season. It gives me a little bit of hope that they'll pull out some much-needed wins moving forward. I think they have to beat at least one of Missouri, TAMU, and USC to have a shot at the NCAAT at this point, plus a little luck in the SECT.

Only 9 assists the ENTIRE game. No offensive plan....as usual. No team play. 18 turnovers...same ol same ol.
This. We have some very talented offensive players. But we play as though we've never practiced an offensive system. Davis was great with the ball, but it was pretty much all one on one. That type of offense won't get us where we want to go.
The defense, on the other hand, is non existent. That needs a complete overhaul.

Reactions: djtee
Let's see if I can think of something nice. I do not today, nor ever, see lack of effort (except a couple of times earlier in the season when Davis seemed mentally checked out). They do play hard, they're just not very good. At all.
Not impressed w MS at all until the late lay up drill. Probably bc we play so effing ugly it's contagious.
Our offense was not IMO a bit better, it's just that Davis had one of those can't miss blindfolded first halves. It's still a desperation game of hot potato and whoever ends up with has to heave it. Pathetic.
Been trying not to say this but Massengill has zero business on the floor on either end. A big time project at best and with our record of player non development? Not a pretty picture.
KK obviously does not belong on the floor for an SEC team either but I actually agree with playing her right now. Much as I love and appreciate C Green, KK is apparently the future. Shudder!
A good word for Holly: good job holding Evina out. As bad as not making the tourney would/will be, the worst possible insult to Pat's legacy would be to relax her gold standard of class attendance and graduation.

Massey has us ranked 20 on offense and 130 on defense !!
Think about that defensive number for a second.

NCAA Rankings are even worse. Offense is ranked a respectable 29th, defense a miserable 221st. A couple of other stats in the ranking summary - assists 101st, fouls 280th!! (for those that are complaining about the refs). I know both McGraw and Auriemma teach defending w/o fouling but apparently that's not done at UT. UT does shine in rebounding ranking 4th.

Reactions: 1reVOLver
Phil, if you haven't already now would be a good time to write down what you plan to say in your press conference. Don't forget to mention all the "records" Holly has broken.

Reactions: the_great_pumpkin

VN Store

Back