Game Thread: LADY VOLS AT NO. 6/6 MISSISSIPPI STATE

Tennessee has looked good so far. Davis is playing up to her five star rating. She has the talent to be a game changer, however, she has to do it every game. I sill think we could use Westbrook but have to give Holly a high five for setting her on the bench for breaking team rules. Go Lady Vols!!!!

Reactions: travis929
Our girl with the blond rope hair never scores....She's lucky to hit the rim.

I believe her name is Burrell.....Was she highly rated?

Reactions: proVolone
This is a game where Tenn miss a true post at the 5 who can defend we just don`t have it.

This is a game where Tenn miss a true post at the 5 who can defend we just don`t have it.
Your team has done a fantastic job of defending McCowan. Better than I've seen any team be able to this year. It's the Miss State other players who have stepped up.

Great half by Tennessee, especially Davis. I thought MS got away with some BS calls.

I'm a little disappointed at the Westbrook benching. Not because I think she doesn't deserve to be benched. but because Holly hasn't really held her players accountable since she became Head Coach. We've seen LadyVol players perform like crap,make low IQ basketball plays, but never get benched. It's not as if Evina has a history of being a problem Child. Sitting Westbrook for the 1st quarter would've been a sufficient punishment IMO.

OK guys, let's have a little fun with coach J

Which team makes the most 3's? I say MS
Which team has the most turnovers? LVs
Which team misses the most bunnies? LVs
Which coach will have no idea how to stop/slow down the other team when they fall behind? Holly
Which team will have more fouls....LVs
Which team will miss the most free throws.....LVs
Which team will make the most free throws.....MS
Which team will celebrate victory at the end....MS
So far they are playing good.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20190210-140015_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20190210-140015_Chrome.jpg
    312.3 KB · Views: 2
Reactions: Coach Jumper
State has been overplaying on the perimeter all game and are in the passing lanes, which means the base line is open. But, we can't see it because they've been getting into trouble picking up their dribble.

Reactions: JustaChicken
Great half by Tennessee, especially Davis. I thought MS got away with some BS calls.

I'm a little disappointed at the Westbrook benching. Not because I think she doesn't deserve to be benched. but because Holly hasn't really held her players accountable since she became Head Coach. We've seen LadyVol players perform like crap,make low IQ basketball plays, but never get benched. It's not as if Evina has a history of being a problem Child. Sitting Westbrook for the 1st quarter would've been a sufficient punishment IMO.
I agree. I said something similar to this and got lectured by another poster. If you remember Candace was only benched a half for missing curfew with her boyfriend the night before the game.

Reactions: Vol girl
Except for an occasional high screen, the LVs offense is 'player dribbles until there's enough separation to fire up a shot, while the other 4 watch'. Kudos for Davis for making that work, and I realize Westbrook isn't playing...but there are no sets being run.

The Vols are #1 in the SEC and #2 nationally in assists. I'm guessing the Lady Vols rank poorly in assists (they don't figure in the NCAA list of the top 50).

I guess we’re workin hard on McCowan bc honestly I’m not AT ALL impressed with her especially considering her physical prowess.

Reactions: travis929
Have any of you noticed that Vic doesn't take McCowan off the floor? She pretty much plays the entire game. Make her run & defend every possession!

How many offensive fouls is that??!

I want every player on my floor to get there first foul this way.
But only one this way.
You do have to send a message that you WILL run over anything in your way , to the defense.
But after one, they will expect the second time

VN Store

Back