Game Thread: LADY VOLS AT NO. 6/6 MISSISSIPPI STATE

Many times we realize that we're in the game with a good team, then everything just goes to sh*t in one possession. Then it's just a snowball of bad decisions.

Reactions: JustaChicken
You know, that was a pretty strong quarter for us. Of course, we are still down by 8 so I don't even know what our "goal" should be.

Many times we realize that we're in the game with a good team, then everything just goes to sh*t in one possession. Then it's just a snowball of bad decisions.
That is when you call a TO and get in your players grill...You have to see "it" coming and stop it before "it" gets comfortable.

Come on girls, re-right yourselves

You don't throw the ball in with 60 feet or more to go with 1 and a half seconds left....Throw it down court and hope for a defensive foul....Very little chance of that happening, but to just stand there when down by 8 is poor coaching.

Y'all making stuff appear with E that don't exist. Just going to bypass the fact that we saw her giving Massengill a pep talk before the game. Or that in every game she's always the one talkin up her teammates and cheering them on.

The tendency for the LV's the last few years is that they get progressively worse as the season goes on. Almost all our wins, the last few years against ranked teams, have come before the middle of January. And that was a team with 2 or 3 high level upperclassmen (Nared, Russell and Deshields). We don't have upperclassmen on that level this year.
Could they win ? Yes.
Will they win ? In all probability, No.
I wouldn't bet on them winning this game and, I'll venture to say, neither would you.
Just admit, that as a fan, you would like to see the LV's beat Mississippi St. That would be good enough. All (well, almost all !) LV fans want to see us win. To try to justify it with some kind of analysis seems disingenuous.
We never had to wish or wonder if we would beat a team before Holly took over completely.

Didn't bleacher laps used to take care of that stuff?

I hope you were kidding.... this is straight out of the PHS handbook of integrity and responsibility.... glad that even under pressure coach did not yield to temptation to take the cowards way out... really glad they read Westbrooks statement about taking responsibility and sitting on the bench rather than sulking... How long have you been following this team?

VN Store

Back