XFL 2023

I like the Apollo's helmets but that's about it for uniforms

Overall most of them look pretty bush league to me, and to cut costs every team only has 1 uniform. So there are no home/away, they'll all wear the same uniform for every game. Also if you look, almost all of them have the same template and just have different colors.

I think going forward they'll probably be better but for now not great.

I have a feeling these live mics won't last very long. I like them but they're gonna catch all kinds of language.

I'll say this much Simms is one tough SOB. I remember him taking all kinds of hits during his UT career and now he is doing it again.

Reactions: Notorious B.E.N
I hate the numbers on the helmets. If 1 team wants to do it, great. But I think they need to show off the logos more for brand recognition

Thank goodness he’s out of college, but man I miss Spurrier......

I can't decide who to pull for. I think most of the nicknames are lame (not as lame most MLB teams but lame none-the-less. I like a team with a good nickname. I almost never pull for birds. If you are rallying around a bird, I just feel sorry for you. Most of these names are worse than birds, but a lot are an attempt to name it after something associated with the city, so I give them some credit there.). I currently live in OK so no team is really close. I lean toward San Anton but there coach is the guy who couldn't get it done in Nebraska. Memphis is the part of Tennessee that I don't really count as part of Tennessee. Birmingham Iron with their black helmets are probably the coolest, but they are in Alabama so that's out. Atlanta? meh. They already have an NFL team. I dunno. Nothing fits. So...

Anyone know if there are any Vols on the teams that we can support?

Edit: I just saw Simms is at ATL so theres that. (And thanks to whoever posted - I didn't see it as I was on work computer that doesn't let twitter or whatever show up) But ATL... Others?
Memphis has a bunch of Vols. Good enough for me.

Justin Martin
Raijon Neal
Pig Howard
Dallas Thomas
Colton Jumper
Corey Vereen

Is it too early to do the first "Fahr the coach!" post?

I'm just sitting here thinking I must have no social life because I'm on a Volunteer message board talking about an upstart professional football league that'll probably be suspended in a year or two.

Reactions: VOLNPA
If nothing else comes out of this, the replay commentary is a great thing.

Tie football, and the ball goes to the kicking team. Great start for the officiating in the AAF.

VN Store

Back