'19 TN DE Bryan Aiken (Tennessee PWO)

Thanks and wow! After watching his highlights, there’s no question in my mind that this young man is the real deal. He’s only played 1 year of football and dominated the competition. He’s a multi-sport athlete who plays with speed, passion, and athleticism. For only playing 1 year, his technique is pretty darn good. Kudos to his high school coaches. If you watch him play, you’ll see that he checks all the boxes.

He’s not a PWO and he’s not a “package deal.” The only question at this point is his grades. If he qualifies he’ll be in scholarship.
Here is to him grinding it out in the classroom then. Needs to talk to Emmitt Gooden about how grades can affect the process.

IMO number wise this is probably one of those PWO where you walk on and prove yourself worthy of a scholly and then get one that counts toward the 85 instead of the class. Not sure how long that period has to be though. A yr perhaps?

If he's a PWO, that's a horse of a different color. I can remember Nebraska from back in the day having one tremendous walk on program. Combine that with some 'roid therapy and you have the Huskers of old. Hate to sound like a broken record, but as a fan, I have to trust the evaluation and decisions of this coach. His arse is on the line. If this is his choice, I'm fine with it.

Those Nebraska teams were so jacked. It's amazing what PED testing, or the lack thereof, was like back as recently as the 1990s. These days, most college athletes don't have access or the money to the kind of world class doping regimes you see with Russian athletics, the Mexican national soccer team, the Spanish soccer federation, and literally any high-level professional cycling team.

That being said, the Bubba Gump Deer Antler Spray was very effective when that loophole was recently available however. Ray Lewis and his recovery in his final 2012 season from a torn bicep, which normally ends a player's season, to playing in the Super Bowl....Talk about a heck of a case study Case Study.

I watched this kid play in eight games this fall. He is a player with an incredible up side.

You joined in August 2011 and just now felt the urge to make your first post?

That is some serious discipline.

giphy.gif

5c5b8dbfe7aa6.image.jpg

"Basically, we just turned him loose at the line of scrimmage and worked on his technique in reverse. I don't think there's any doubt his best football is in the future." In 2018 Aiken finished with right at 20 tackles for loss from his defensive end position and helped the Bears reach the Class 6A quarterfinals. He figures to put on 20 to 30 pounds at Tennessee. "I just hope to learn more about the game, get better every day in practice and become the best I can be," Aiken said.

Currently 237 pounds, he said Volunteer coaches have said they's like to see him get up in the neighborhood of 260 pounds and play outside linebacker. Aiken said he wants to study Biology at Tennessee with an eye on Sports Medicine.
National Signing Day -- 26 Wilson County athletes sign

5c5b8dbfe7aa6.image.jpg

"Basically, we just turned him loose at the line of scrimmage and worked on his technique in reverse. I don't think there's any doubt his best football is in the future." In 2018 Aiken finished with right at 20 tackles for loss from his defensive end position and helped the Bears reach the Class 6A quarterfinals. He figures to put on 20 to 30 pounds at Tennessee. "I just hope to learn more about the game, get better every day in practice and become the best I can be," Aiken said.

Currently 237 pounds, he said Volunteer coaches have said they's like to see him get up in the neighborhood of 260 pounds and play outside linebacker. Aiken said he wants to study Biology at Tennessee with an eye on Sports Medicine.
260 lb OLB makes me 😀, ain't no bad weight on this kid. Ball out.

Hey kid, we're pulling for you. I think this kid is one of those we will be hearing a lot about even in fall camp. Soph or junior year should do the trick for him. Disciplined young man.

Reactions: LittleVol and T Dog
5c5b8dbfe7aa6.image.jpg

Grade concerns but wants to study Biology or Sports Medicine?

IMO number wise this is probably one of those PWO where you walk on and prove yourself worthy of a scholly and then get one that counts toward the 85 instead of the class. Not sure how long that period has to be though. A yr perhaps?

IMO, he’s under the radar because he’s only played 1 year and Grimes is getting all the hype.. As soon as schools see him play next year, I’ll bet he’ll be offered full rides by SEC schools. He’ll be more skilled and larger by then. He’s 6’4, 245 right now. He’s an athlete whose intense, thick and quick.

IMO, he’s under the radar because he’s only played 1 year and Grimes is getting all the hype.. As soon as schools see him play next year, I’ll bet he’ll be offered full rides by SEC schools. He’ll be more skilled and larger by then. He’s 6’4, 245 right now. He’s an athlete whose intense, thick and quick.

You mean they are gonna see him practicing with with and then offer him?

Reactions: BreatheUT
This kid is in the 2019 class

Reactions: AngryButchJones
Yep, figured that out yesterday after chaseasl’s post yesterday. Thx. 😐
He is raw, but has some very good instincts and great closing speed which very few d-lineman have. Closing on the ball carrier is instinctual and he has it. He looks like a d end to me at 260 but a great looking prospect. Imagine Admiral Schofield at d - end.

If he can get technique down this dude could be scary good and play on Sundays.

Don't be shocked to see this guy in 3 years being All-American. I'm an avid high school football fan in Middle TN. My wife and I during football season check out a different high school team weekly and record the ones that come on TV. I've watched this kid play during a scrimmage and 2 regular season games. He was by far the best defensive lineman on the team. For a kid that has played limited football his power, natural instincts, and tenacity are very good. Call me crazy but he reminds me a lot of Khalil Mack just powerful at the point of contact.

If he has a passion sometimes grade concerns are because of being "bored" in class
Seems like every kid you talk to visiting a school is a “pre-med” major. I wonder what the percentage is from the start to when they get done with chem 1.

Reactions: Vols410

VN Store

Back