Tobias Harris to the Sixers

Freak

VolNation's Grand Poobah
Staff member
Per late-breaking reports on Tuesday night, the Clippers will send forward Tobias Harris to Philadelphia in a multiplayer deal that will also include picks. As of now, the reported deal is such: the Clippers are trading Harris, center Boban Marjanovic and forward Mike Scott to Philadelphia for swingman Wilson Chandler, center Mike Muscala, guard Landry Shamet, first-round picks in 2020 and '21 and second-round picks in '21 and '23.

Reports: Harris traded to Sixers in multiplayer deal with Clippers | NBA.com

Harris was really blooming for the Clippers. He will be the 4th scoring option for Philadelphia behind Embid, Simmons, and Butler. I don’t like it.
Anytime you can leave a dumpster fire of an organization, you can probably mark that as a win

Reactions: Cheese Vol
Yeah, Tobias balled out last night. He scored 34 and like u said hit the game winner for the Clippers. Tobias, Embiid, Butler and Simmons give the 76'ers a good chance to win the East, this year
True I would think they are almost lock to win the east

Reactions: The Dog
Harris was really blooming for the Clippers. He will be the 4th scoring option for Philadelphia behind Embid, Simmons, and Butler. I don’t like it.
I don't know. Harris will certainly be behind Embiid and Butler, but Simmons is a better distributor than scorer at this point. Besides, not being the focus of opposing defenses will make life so much easier for Harris regardless of where he falls in the pecking order.

Reactions: Vols All Day
Love the move. I hate how much Tobias has had to move around, but I'm glad he's actually on a contender. This will most likely be the last year that GS will have their super team. The 76ers are young and have the potential to win a ring in the next few years.

With Butler, Embiid, Reddick, Simmons, now Tobias, they can really score the ball.

This will be good for both Tobias and the 76ers. They’re 5th in the East but only 4.5 games out of 2nd place and 1 game out of 3rd. If they get hot after the all star break they should get the 2 seed. I actually think they’re the best team in the East but the Central Division is just so weak this year (especially with Oladipo now out for the season☹️) that the Bucks have the easiest path to a 1 seed.

I wonder why Tobias always seems to fly under the radar. I mean he’s now on his 5th team in 8 years. Before the season he was ranked as the 55th best player in the NBA, which is absurd. Yet Clint Capela, Otto Porter, Eric Gordon, Jaylon Brown and Gary Harris were all ranked ahead of him.

Ranking the guy averaging 21 points and 8 rebounds per game as the 55th best player in the league is dumb. Especially considering that he can play 2-3 different positions and has developed a very solid long range jump shot.

Underrated IMO.

East coast guy. He'll be glad to get off the left coast. Having a great year with Clippers but will be on a much better team now.

Tobias definitely won't be behind Simmons in terms of the pecking order on offense. They brought him in to shoot so teams can't help so much.

Good for Harris IMO. He won't be the "main guy", but he gives the Sixers a chance to contend for the East. For the first time in like two decades, the East is finally starting to look like it might be better than the West. Or at the very least, it's not Western Conference dominance any more.

Yep, he finished 22/6/6 in another win. Analysts saying Tobias gives the Sixers the 2nd best starting five in the league, behind the Warriors.

Btw I didn't participate in the booing of little brother yesterday. heh
Wrong brother.
It’s nice to see a Vol playing well in the league

VN Store

Back