Derrick Ansley Hired as New DB Coach

Awesome hire recruits will take notice we have one of the best staffs in the country.

I thought all coaches related to Dools and Butch sucked? LOL.

Welcome back, DA!

Is this even big news? Who cares. I don’t care who we get. When we win more than 5 games again, I’ll be interested.

If sherrer leaves, Kevin Simon will fill that role most likely... or hell who knows. Might hire Tosh. lol
I hadn’t considered Simon! Prefer not to lose Sherrer but if it’s foregone conclusion stuff? Yes please! Nuther recruiter and a VFL!

2.7.16:
Capture.PNG

2.10.16: "We are very happy to have Derrick and his family back at Alabama," Tide coach Nick Saban said in a statement. "Derrick did an outstanding job when he was with us as a graduate assistant, and he has a very good understanding of how we run our program and what is expected. He is a bright young coach, and he will be a great addition working with the defensive backs. We also believe he will be a tremendous asset to our staff in the recruiting process."
New Alabama assistant Derrick Ansley a 'bright young coach'

4.17.17: “He's the secondary coach,” Saban said when asked about Ansley’s influence on the defensive backs. “I'm the GA. I just help him. It'd be hard for me, who's working for him trying to help him, to evaluate what he does. It's a hard question when you're the understudy.”

Last year, Ansley produced results. The former Alabama graduate assistant rejoined the team last season, helping to coach a Tide secondary that ranked No. 24 in pass defense and produced All-Americans in Marlon Humphrey and Minkah Fitzpatrick. What makes that more impressive is Ansley did that with little depth at the position as well as injuries to key players. When Fitzpatrick was forced to shift from Star to safety to fill in for injured Eddie Jackson, it was Ansley who was in his ear everyday coaching him through the change. The same is true for starter Anthony Averett, who broke out as a starter last season leading the team with eight pass deflections.

“Ansley helps big time,” Averett said. “He texts us all the time, he always keeps us together. Ansley plays a big part." Averett described Ansley as being “very hands-on” and said the assistant stays on the secondary during practice, making sure players execute their coverages until perfection. While Saban’s fiery approach has been caught on camera, players say Ansley brings just as much passion to the field. "Oh yeah, he's always fired up,” Alabama safety Hootie Jones sad. “Coach Ansley's something else."
Saban on Alabama assistant Derrick Ansley: He's the coach, I'm the GA

2.14.18: “I think Derrick Ansley is going to be a star in this profession,” Gruden to the Mercury News. “Going to be a great secondary coach. Really excited to get him.”
Raiders’ Derrick Ansley a candidate for Bulldogs’ coaching staff

1.20.19: The 2018 Oakland Raiders struggled mightily on both sides of the ball, as they failed to pay consistent football for most of the year. On defense, the Raiders had their deficiencies on all three levels of the defense, but one area in particular showed incredible growth over the 16-game season.

Coming into the season, there were plenty of question marks in the secondary, as the team’s previous two first round picks had yet to find their stride at the NFL level. Karl Joseph (2016) and Gareon Conley (2017) were going into big years, and there was a real chance new head coach Jon Gruden would move on from them if they did not step up. Luckily for both Joseph and Conley, the Raiders made a stellar coaching hire at the defensive back coach spot, bringing in former Alabama defensive backs coach Derrick Ansley. In his first stint at the NFL level, Ansley showed he has the chops to be a big-time coach, and really turned around both first rounders careers.
Derrick Ansley proved to be an outstanding hire for the Oakland Raiders

VN Store

Back