Is this the Best class ever for...

PulaskiVolFan

a team coming off a losing season? I have no idea but looks like the 19' classes across the country are some of the highest rated ever. Are rankings starting to skew to the high side or are the players in this current class really that good compared to years past?

Reactions: hep
Auburn ranked 10th in the 2013 recruiting rankings after their 3-9 season in 2012, but our numerical score was actually better (267.46 to 271.93). That’s the most recent i can think of. I would argue ours is more impressive since we were 4-8 in 2017 then 5-7 in 2018, and Auburn was undefeated in ‘10, 8-5 in ‘11 and slipped to 3-9 in 12’

I’m not sure how the stats stack up but this does appear to be the most complete class in a while. While few classes have matched those of the 90s, the drop off at OL and DL and LB have been far more prominent than the drop off at skill. TN has maintained high skill at the skill positions but suffered in the trenches and physical positions. This class goes a long way to closing that gap. IMHO

Take the past 2 years into account. 4-8 and 5-7. Auburn went 3-9 in 2012. But they went 8-5 in 2011 with a bowl win. Kiffin went 7-6 after a 5-7. But in 2007 we won the East and went 10-4. This class Pruitt brought in was extremely impressive.

Reactions: SweetasSoda
Playing in the SEC is very attractive to recruits. 11 of the 14 teams in the SEC had Top 25 classes this year, including an incredible 4 out of the top 5. Arkansas even had a top 25 class coming off of 2-10, like CJP, Chad Morris at Arkansas coming off his first year as HC is selling hope. Your first full cycle as a new coach is when hope sells the best, we'll need to validate that hope with some wins next year to keep the momentum going.

And in 2-3 years (I pray) we will look back and reflect that this class was far more effective overall.

I hope so! Tee wasn't here really long enough to make a huge recruiting impact but him and Ansley are 2 of the best recruiter's in the country and already have Neidemeyer winning recruiter of the year this season. A full recruiting season with this staff could make for a special '20 class. Kiffin's staff was probably the best I've seen up till now. This staff his better than Lane's was and still think CJP has atleast 1 more hire to make. Plus no clue what position group Weinke will Coach. Think Johnson moves to RB Coach with Tee Coaching WR's.

I hope so! Tee wasn't here really long enough to make a huge recruiting impact but him and Ansley are 2 of the best recruiter's in the country and already have Neidemeyer winning recruiter of the year this season. A full recruiting season with this staff could make for a special '20 class. Kiffin's staff was probably the best I've seen up till now. This staff his better than Lane's was and still think CJP has atleast 1 more hire to make. Plus no clue what position group Weinke will Coach. Think Johnson moves to RB Coach with Tee Coaching WR's.
I think Weinke coaches QBs and Graham coaches RBs

Reactions: CedarHillVol
I think Weinke coaches QBs and Graham coaches RBs

I'd love Graham to end up back here and Coach RB's. Chaney coach's QB's too, so that would have 2 guys coaching QB's. Seems like a waste of a position coach but CJP really likes and trusts Weinke, so it is definitely possible. Weinke was supposed to be a great recruiter but he definitely hasn't been one at TN. Only thing is you're only allowed to have 10 on the field Coach's. We currently have Pruitt,Friend,Chaney,Niedermeyer,Tee,Rumph,Sherrer,Ansley,Johnson,,Weinke, and Rocker. So we still have 11 and someone else has to be let go or move on.

Pruitt HC

Friend OL
Tee WR
Chaney OC/QB
Weinke ??
Neidemeyer TE
Johnson ?? Has coached RB's before

DC/ Inside LB Sherrer
DB Ansley
OLB Rumph
Rocker DLine

We currently have 6 Offensive Coach's and 4 Defensive Coach's plus HC Pruitt who runs the Defense. Johnson has coached RB's before. Neither Johnson nor Weinke are defensive guys and no Special Teams Coach. Curious to see who else leaves and/or gets hired.

I'd love Graham to end up back here and Coach RB's. Chaney coach's QB's too, so that would have 2 guys coaching QB's. Seems like a waste of a position coach but CJP really likes and trusts Weinke, so it is definitely possible. Weinke was supposed to be a great recruiter but he definitely hasn't been one at TN. Only thing is you're only allowed to have 10 on the field Coach's. We currently have Pruitt,Friend,Chaney,Niedermeyer,Tee,Rumph,Sherrer,Ansley,Johnson,,Weinke, and Rocker. So we still have 11 and someone else has to be let go or move on.

Pruitt HC

Friend OL
Tee WR
Chaney OC/QB
Weinke ??
Neidemeyer TE

DC/ Inside LB Sherrer
DB Ansley
OLB Rumph
Rocker DLine

We currently have 6 Offensive Coach's and 4 Defensive Coach's plus HC Pruitt who runs the Defense. Johnson has coached RB's before. Neither Johnson nor Weinke are defensive guys and no Special Teams Coach. Curious to see who else leaves and/or gets hired.

If CJG returns (and I fee that he does) the CDJ leaves. CCW coaches QBs, CJC is essentially the HC over offense and doesn’t have a skill group but will obviously spend a lot of time with QBs.

Atlanta Vol has called out the fact that CCW is more valuable than most know for recruiting and is in on many ‘20 recruits.

Pruitt HC

Friend OL
Tee WR
Chaney OC/QB
Weinke ??
Neidemeyer TE

DC/ Inside LB Sherrer
DB Ansley
OLB Rumph
Rocker DLine

We have the same number of coaches as last year. It’s 10 assistant on field coaches and a head coach I believe.
Last year we had
Helton as oc and qb
Wienke as rb
Neids as te
Johnson as wr
Friend as oline

Inside backers and dc was sherrer
Outside backers was rumph
Secondary was kelly and fair
And rocker was dline
Plus Pruitt so that’s 11 as well

If CJG returns (and I fee that he does) the CDJ leaves. CCW coaches QBs, CJC is essentially the HC over offense and doesn’t have a skill group but will obviously spend a lot of time with QBs.

Atlanta Vol has called out the fact that CCW is more valuable than most know for recruiting and is in on many ‘20 recruits.
Has Wienke ever coached quarterbacks?

VN Store

Back