'19 WV OL Darnell Wright (Tennessee signee)

Damn. Losing and Richmond and Hall sucks. Just from a depth perspective
Nah. Hall couldn't go physically and Richmond doesn't have the mental makeup. Let those guys go and give their reps to the freshman and guys like Tatum, JJohnson, and Carvin and others who've been in the weight room all offseason getting better.

Nah. Hall couldn't go physically and Richmond doesn't have the mental makeup. Let those guys go and give their reps to the freshman and guys like Tatum, JJohnson, and Carvin and others who've been in the weight room all offseason getting better.
Well sure, i agree about that from the physical mental perspective. But we won’t be in a spot where we can be ok with bodies leaving. I prefer Richmond and Hall over Locklear and Niehaus, and those two leaving puts Butch guys right on the edge of the 2 deep.

Just worried about injuries like we always have to deal with. Really need Carvin, J. Johnson and Calbert to push to be major contributers

Reactions: NashVolDavis
It was guaranteed anyway. I don't see how morris and wright aren't in the rotation with at least one and probably both starting
yeah, i don 't see how you keep either of them off the field in some capacity. i could see one of them starting at RT possibly, next a veteran guard, and one at LG next to a veteran tackle. my gut says Morris may be closer to starting at LG....? and Wright figuring at RT, likley in the rotation to start out, could move to starting later in the year depending on how things go.

i'll be a little shocked if either of them are starting at LT, and if either of them are, then i'd say we've probably had several things go wrong...lol.

yeah, i don 't see how you keep either of them off the field in some capacity. i could see one of them starting at RT possibly, next a veteran guard, and one at LG next to a veteran tackle. my gut says Morris may be closer to starting at LG....? and Wright figuring at RT, likley in the rotation to start out, could move to starting later in the year depending on how things go.

i'll be a little shocked if either of them are starting at LT, and if either of them are, then i'd say we've probably had several things go wrong...lol.

Who do you like for LT based on where we're at today and assuming Trey doesn't return?

He said he won’t participate if he is still in the transfer portal at the time of spring practice
He didn’t add that extra stuff. Said “they” wouldn’t be participating in the Spring, and then recounted his own transfer history and how he wished them well...them being Austin Smith and Richmond.

Reactions: VFLBerg
not really sure. Tatum? Jamir Johnson?
I think it’ll look like:
Jahmir-Ryan-Kennedy-Carvin-Tatum
Morris-Calbert-Lane-Wright-Niehaus

Or some kind of combination of that at least initially. If Morris and Wright play like we hope:

Morris-Carvin-Kennedy-Wright-Jahmir

Locklear, Akporoghene, Lampley, McBride need to be ready. We’re still on very thin ice in terms of depth. Luckily our only offensive lineman (now that Richmond and Hall are gone) that’ll be out of eligibility after next season is Kennedy.

Last edited:
I think it’ll look like:
Jahmir-Ryan-Kennedy-Carvin-Tatum
Morris-Calbert-Lane-Wright-Niehaus

Or some kind of combination of that at least initially. If Morris and Wright play like we hope:

Morris-Carvin-Kennedy-Wright-Jahmir

Locklear, Akporoghene, Lampley, McBride need to be ready. We’re still on very thin ice in terms of depth. Luckily our only offensive lineman (now that Richmond and Hall are gone) that’ll be out of eligibility after next season is Kennedy.
well, i think ideally, you'd like to see Tatum and J Johnson be able to beat out two incoming freshman for starting spots, especially at Tackle.

they only way i'm gong to "hope" Wright and Morris play from the jump is if they are just THAT darn good. i don't want it to be a situation where they HAVE to play because there's simply no options.....

if your two deep is how it winds up, i'd be good with that, because then you at least have 10 guys....

agree on the reast of the guys being ready.

Someone just mentioned Niehus above. No disrespect to the kid because it’s genetics and poor development, but I’ll never forget how out of place he looked starting last year. Looked like a tight end. Gave his all and fought like hell though.

Same with JJ though, tbh. Although he had long ass arms and a violent punch. Can’t wait to see what he can do up around 290+.

And that’s another thing.... I really love all the new talent coming in but part of me still has love for these kids that fought like hell last year. Wouldn’t upset me if Jahmir ended up in one of the tackle spots next year to put the best 5 on the field. Wright or Morris can play guard.

VN Store

Back