'20 Top Football Recruits in Tennessee

Of the Top 10, 6 players show CB's to schools other than TN, and one is 50/50 with UT and VT. That is not acceptable. CJP and staff have got to fix this starting with this year's recruits. Sure we have to get top recruits from other states, but we need to sign at least 60 - 70% of the top recruits in state annually.

Reactions: tatervol
Of the Top 10, 6 players show CB's to schools other than TN, and one is 50/50 with UT and VT. That is not acceptable. CJP and staff have got to fix this starting with this year's recruits. Sure we have to get top recruits from other states, but we need to sign at least 60 - 70% of the top recruits in state annually.

Wrong.

Playing for UT is an honor and privilege. CJP wants the best who want to be Vols regardless of state affiliation. 60-70% is waaay to high of a percentage for the roster. We'd never make it back to the nation scene with that thinking.

So if we have better prospects than those 60-70% you reference, we should tell 4* and 5* recruits "thanks but no thanks"?

Glad you are NOT the Vols HFC as your tenure would rival botch

That is not acceptable.

You’re confusing opinion for fact.

Sure we have to get top recruits from other states, but we need to sign at least 60 - 70% of the top recruits in state annually.

This staff will sign the players that can help this team win more games, regardless of location. By your logic, we should have been recruiting Russell the whole time and ignored Henry T.

I simply do not understand this blind allegiance to in-state players, when this staff has proven it can recruit nationally.

Fix what, crystal balls? Get the best players, no matter where they're from, period.

Yes.....But it would be great be able to cherry pick the ones you want from TN.
Getting there. Gotta win. This state is no different than any other in that aspect.

Don't get me wrong, newt...I do want to get our best players from this state, IF they are the best players overall. I would've loved to have landed Bill Norton and Maurice Hampton this year. But, taking in-state kids just for the sake of them being in-state, like some of these yahoo's want, well...that's just moronic.

Counted six 4-stars on the list who are committed to other schools and reside in or to the left of Nashville. Not saying beating Vandy is going to totally solve that problem, but it couldn't hurt to be the best team in the state that we are trying to lock down

It's been a long time since West TN was considered "in-state" for the Vols. Nashville I totally agree we need to start locking down again.

No.

Reactions: 76vol
@bignewt

Sorry, I wasn't very clear.
I meant to say that it would be nice for it to take an "upset" for TN to lose an in-state kid they went all in on. No school completely "locks down" their state, I get that. But not signing Norton, Patterson, and Hampton were not shocks to anyone. I wish it was a shock to lose guys like that. JMO

@bignewt

Sorry, I wasn't very clear.
I meant to say that it would be nice for it to take an "upset" for TN to lose an in-state kid they went all in on. No school completely "locks down" their state, I get that. But not signing Norton, Patterson, and Hampton were not shocks to anyone. I wish it was a shock to lose guys like that. JMO

Not me, don't care. Just want the best. Zip code recruiting is archaic. 2019, you can get the best coast to coast now.

Antonio Stevens from BGA is a
6'2"
190 lb ATH.

Needs to camp at UT.
I believe he could earn a commitable offer.

Yes I just saw Antonio he’s a big kid. I’m not sure exactly where he projects though played LB and WR last year. His teammates Hollis and Bennet are D1 players too.

Reactions: peaygolf
I can tell you now Grimes is not coming here unless he doesn’t have a commitable offer from Bama
Yeah that's what my post was implying without saying there's no way, but basically he ain't coming here.

VN Store

Back