'20 Top Football Recruits in Tennessee

Counted six 4-stars on the list who are committed to other schools and reside in or to the left of Nashville. Not saying beating Vandy is going to totally solve that problem, but it couldn't hurt to be the best team in the state that we are trying to lock down
Problem with West Tennessee is there are other SEC schools much closer than us. Ole miss, arkansas, Alabama, vandy, and I believe Missouri are all closer. It makes Tennessee a harder state to lock down. Where say uga is basically in the center of Georgia we are on the other side of the state.

Folks why has UT struggled to sign top WR prospects out of the state of Tennessee the past 4-5 years?

the-good-the-bad-the-ugly-and-da-faq-78014.gif
Maybe the best gif ever!

Reactions: BucVol98
Counted six 4-stars on the list who are committed to other schools and reside in or to the left of Nashville. Not saying beating Vandy is going to totally solve that problem, but it couldn't hurt to be the best team in the state that we are trying to lock down
Only one or two on that list are committed. That is the CB predictions show.

So 5 out of the top 10 are from the Memphis area....and 3 of those 5 are 4*s.

Better spend some time in W TN.

so right...been saying it for years...always has been tough area though...just never seemed to spend enough time there and it's a shame to see some fine players (for many years) leave the state and go to the infidels...:D

GO VOLS...RECRUIT LIKE HECK!

Grimes will be difficult, he's a Bama legacy.

I see one guy committed, to LSU, what list are you looking at?

It should be the GA state rankings. When I switched to 2020 it went to national instead of State.

Either way GA has a boatload of talent 30+ 4 star guys.

Link worked for me. If we can just monopolize Marrietta we will be aces.

Marietta and Grayson are the 2 schools where we have natural pipelines in the ATL area. Colquitt County in South GA is another where we have an in with the players and coaching staff. Any others I'm missing? What GA schools do we need to do a better job of recruiting?

Marietta and Grayson are the 2 schools where we have natural pipelines in the ATL area. Colquitt County in South GA is another where we have an in with the players and coaching staff. Any others I'm missing? What GA schools do we need to do a better job of recruiting?

Rome?

So 5 out of the top 10 are from the Memphis area....and 3 of those 5 are 4*s.

Better spend some time in W TN.

May help, but don't waste too much time on these guys, it's the "Memphis area", the coaches over there could care less about UT and most of their players follow their lead.

Reactions: UTChicagoV
Do you know how many people in Nashville are actually transplants?

Good call, I knew there was a school I was forgetting.

Screw what the puppies say, Atlanta is Tennessee's backyard, and that's a metro area that you can recruit on it's own and be competitive at a national level. Pruitt is right, and that is an area we should consider in-state due to historical ties, proximity, and relationships.

Reactions: Smokeyman

VN Store

Back