'19 TN ILB Christopher Russell (Texas A&M signee)

For what it's worth....I'm an Aggie, I live 20 minutes south of Knoxville, and my two youngest daughters currently attend UT.

Here's what Jimbo said yesterday...A&M was very late in finding this guy...it wasn't until November that they saw his film. Said he has huge upside and for that reason they offered him. I'm certainly no expert, and linebacker was a huge need for A&M so I have to just trust the coaches on this one.
Thanks for the info from the other side. Seems he was upset that Tennessee didn't offer at camp even though they came after him in November also.

For what it's worth....I'm an Aggie, I live 20 minutes south of Knoxville, and my two youngest daughters currently attend UT.

Here's what Jimbo said yesterday...A&M was very late in finding this guy...it wasn't until November that they saw his film. Said he has huge upside and for that reason they offered him. I'm certainly no expert, and linebacker was a huge need for A&M so I have to just trust the coaches on this one.
Any insight on why Jimbo said they were done and then took him?

Reactions: BucVol98
Any insight on why Jimbo said they were done and then took him?

I don't believe that's an accurate statement from what I read on TexAgs. Jimbo said they were going to sign two players yesterday, and then they were done. One of those players was Russell. Prior to yesterday, the thought was A&M might sign three players, but that didn't happen. It was speculated the guy they wanted will probably go Junior College due to grades.

Regardless, I'm happy for A&M and I'm happy UT finished strong.

I mean what was Fisher going to say after signing him "We saw his film and were unimpressed in comparison to our other options but then after we swung and missed on others we decided to take a flier on him." I wish the kid the best and he may develop into a decent player but it is way more likely he is in the transfer portal in a couple of years.

Reactions: Ulysees E. McGill
Reactions: SweetasSoda
Well at least we know @85SugarVol is not a scout for A&M.
A&M on Russell
“ On tape, there’s nothing Russell can’t do, and there’s no question that the national services are behind in terms of his overall rating. Speed, power, pursuit, playmaking ability - Russell’s game film takes a backseat to no one. “

A&M on Russell
“ On tape, there’s nothing Russell can’t do, and there’s no question that the national services are behind in terms of his overall rating. Speed, power, pursuit, playmaking ability - Russell’s game film takes a backseat to no one. “
85 doesn’t get a paycheck from A&M? 🤨
1549580488671.gif

A&M on Russell

A&M on Russell
Don't be dense. Not saying what was said is true or not but what are they supposed to say about someone they're recruiting/signing?

You may be a bit to #closetorussell..

A&M on Russell
But what does Gruden think of him? He already on his radar for the draft in 2022?

A&M on Russell

We got the California Defensive Player of the Year....Need I say more?

A&M on Russell
It sure as hell takes a backseat to Henry T's...Hell..he ain't even in the same dang car..😎

VN Store

Back