'19 AL WR George Pickens (UGA signee)

And I'm glad I was wrong
Me, too, man. We all have been at one time or another. I was wrong, big time, going into last season; but...

However, one thing that I do succeed in refraining from, is making bold proclamations when it comes to these 17, 18 year old kids. You NEVER know what they're going to do.

The one thing I can tell you, though...it's a new day with Jeremy Pruitt. All thats come before, it's gone...and has no bearing whatsoever on what's going on now.

I would have loved the pickup but we really cannot afford to sign someone and they not qualify right now. It's why harris is a blueshirt despite being a top 100 talent. Georgia on other hand can afford a sign and miss

Is his academic status a known or just speculation. I agree with your position in this post about our risk/reward position being differenet than UGA..... I feared he might turn into an eye candy signee based on comments on this board, but did not know if it was real or just sour grapes. Especially with the reports of our efforts on the last weekend.... I have speculated on other recruits in the past that late flips away from the home state schools was to lessen disappointment and questions to family and friends... would really like to know REAL probabilities of him seeing the field this year...

Me, too, man. We all have been at one time or another. I was wrong, big time, going into last season; but...

However, one thing that I do succeed in refraining from, is making bold proclamations when it comes to these 17, 18 year old kids. You NEVER know what they're going to do.

The one thing I can tell you, though...it's a new day with Jeremy Pruitt. All thats come before, it's gone...and has no bearing whatsoever on what's going on now.
It's just rebuild fatigue on my part, I lived through the late 80s and 90s and know what UT football should look like. I want my kids to experience the same

It's just rebuild fatigue on my part, I lived through the late 80s and 90s and know what UT football should look like. I want my kids to experience the same
Was there for all of that, as well; want my nephews and the younger fans here to experience the same thing. The day Jeremy Pruitt was hired, I snapped out of all that fatigue, apathy bullsh*t. While I had only touches of BVS, Pruitt put that to rest for me, also.

will this guy qualify or go JUCO ?
giphy.gif

Georgia just doesn't have "high road" Richt running the ship anymore. Sure they are cheating, so are we, so does everybody, Kirby will just cut nuts to get what he wants. I expect nothing less of Pruitt.

AV would tell you as well. They are doing some beyond ridiculous cheating and not what is the norm.

They are doing some beyond ridiculous cheating and not what is the norm.

I'm very skeptical that any school would pay a player who by all accounts is a big risk to not qualify for admission. I'm not a fan of UGA accepting LOI's from academic risks, because you lose the signing spot if they never make it into school. But paying a guy you may well have to re-recruit two years later is a big stretch of the imagination, even for folks who are inclined to be suspicious that their rivals are cheating.

I'm very skeptical that any school would pay a player who by all accounts is a big risk to not qualify for admission. I'm not a fan of UGA accepting LOI's from academic risks, because you lose the signing spot if they never make it into school. But paying a guy you may well have to re-recruit two years later is a big stretch of the imagination, even for folks who are inclined to be suspicious that their rivals are cheating.
They set it up where he gets what is promised to him once he is in so it is not that big of a risk. And if they really want him in bad enough they will use their resources to ensure it happens.

VN Store

Back