It’s beautiful......

Remarkable. Gotta find a place where he used “bottom”, classic John Ward.

My twins are too young to have listened to JW call games. I’ll have to did out the cassette player and play the NC game my oldest recorded for me.

Remarkable.

Go Vols!

Nix... clicks
Guns... Bang!
King turnound jumper..........Bottommmmmmmmmmmmm
Nothing .... but the bottom of the net!
Ellis stops, pops..........and drops
Justice with the ball, he stops, pops...it drops.
Jackson from the corner..bet me....PAY ME!
Ernie G of Tennessee
Jackson working on Connor. Wants to get the ball to King does, King moves, King drives, King lays it up. Good by KING!
Ellis, baseline jumper...BOTTOM!!!
Natural Gas

1000000x better than hearing "money" over and over again.

"Bone at the top of the key, passes to Williams, Williams thinks about it, fakes to the right, dishes to Schofield who SLAMS"

"I'm sorry, that was Turner to Williams"

Reactions: JohnnyJava
I can't watch a UT basketball or football game without hearing him call the play by play in my head...The greatest EVER!

One of my favorites would be when Ward would troll a bit, especially when he knew the game was on TV. For example someone would be shooting a free throw and it would rattle around and finally go in, and Ward would say "Nothing but the bottom of the net!"

Reactions: aWhiteLoftonChism
I wasn’t prepared to weep at 6 in the morning, but here we are.

What if John Ward called a game for our #1 Vols? Watch this video with audio.

Wow! Fire Bob and hire whoever made this video. There's got to be someone who does impressions or "voice overs" who could do John's voice for a dub over of the rest of the players names. With John Ward you didn't need to the see game for the images. He gave it all the color needed to be there court side or in Neyland. The true GOAT.

I have to admit that “ money “ is one of the things that keeps me listening to the vol network. Burt saved us on the basketball side of the broadcast. GBO !!
I find the "money" call to be annoying. I had to listen to the Alabama game on the radio since I was traveling and hearing "money!!" all the time drove me nuts.

I find the "money" call to be annoying. I had to listen to the Alabama game on the radio since I was traveling and hearing "money!!" all the time drove me nuts.

He only says it for 3s so it not like it’s on every play.

I enjoy Bert enough to listen even when Im able to watch. He gets excited and makes the game sound interesting. Bob shows more emotion for b-ball too.

I can’t stand the TV announcers.

Reactions: Orangeblood75

VN Store

Back