*****2019 VolNation Signing Day Thread

7c16f8f6-c397-4843-b4f0-25d6584a52c9-gif.192098

Yep and one thing to note is that we are only showing 22 committed on 247 composite. Every class ahead of us except Auburn is at 24 or greater. We're right there with several in the top 10.
Yep. The schools ahead of us had a few more players, but our average rating is right there with everybody who is ahead of us except the top 3 (Alabama, Georgia, Texas).

I’m back to man up about it not being exciting end to recruiting. 🦜 it ain’t a crow but it ought to be. 🎉

Reactions: shotgun83
Just came here to see how some of you from earlier were preparing your crow?

I answered this question earlier but for those of you who needed more detail......

2 whole free-range, organic crows
Vegetable oil of choice, for frying the crow
6 cups all-purpose flour
5 tablespoons salt
4 tablespoons ground black pepper
2 tablespoons garlic powder
1 tablespoon onion powder
2 teaspoons cayenne pepper
2 cups buttermilk

1. Cut the whole crow into 4 breasts, 4 thighs, 4 legs and 4 wings and set aside.
  2. Preheat your oil, in either a heavy pan on the stove or a deep-fryer, to 325 degrees F.
  3. In a large bowl, combine the flour, salt, black pepper, garlic powder, onion powder and cayenne pepper until thoroughly mixed. Set aside.
  4. Pour the buttermilk into another bowl large enough for the crow to be immersed in the buttermilk.
  5. Prepare your dredging station. Place your crow in a bowl. Next to that, your bowl of buttermilk, and next to that, your dry mixture.
  6. Take your breasts, lightly dust them with your flour mixture, then dip them in the buttermilk until they are coated, and then place them in the flour mixture.
  7. Take the breasts that are in the flour mixture and aggressively push the flour mixture into the wet crow. Make sure that the crow in very thoroughly coated, or you will not achieve the crust and crunch you are looking for. Gently place the breasts in your hot oil.
  8. Next, repeat the dredging steps with your other pieces of crow in this order: thigh, leg then wing.
  9. When you place the last wing into the fryer, you should have 16 pieces of crow in the oil. Set a timer for 15 minutes.
  10. After 15 minutes, take a probe thermometer and check the temperature of a breast. If it reads 180 degrees F, all of your crow is done. (Keep in mind that it will continue to cook after it has been removed from the fryer.)
  11. Remove the crow from the oil and let it drain for 5 minutes. Let cool for an additional 10 minutes before serving.

Now I dont know about anyone else, but I like nice buttery cornbread with my fried crow and perhaps some grits and collared greens.........Aight

All recruiting services had To'oto'o going to Bama earlier today, and there was no indication that he was swaying to UT till after 1pm EST, so when I made the initial statement I was being a realist, no one thought TN was going to finish today with him. But I understand that it is important to prove people wrong, and as I said I would eat crow if he signs, he did and I am quite happy with that......

Haha, seemed pretty important for you to be right or you wouldn't be eating crow.

Is To o to factored in to rivals rankings? Is everybody factored in? Cuz we went from 15th to 12th...based on something.

Reactions: RollerVol
Yes, Pruitt did sign Aubrey Solomon from Michigan in the transfer portal and he will be eligible to play in 2020, he was a former 5* recruit that had a grand total of 24 tackles in 19 games at Michigan, no sacks, no PDs, no forced fumbles, no fumble recoveries. Those facts are indisputable, two years in a power 5 program and limited production. However, I also believe that some kids sign with programs and are not a good fit for the coaches or scheme and need to transfer, Solomon is probably that type of player. There is no guarantee this former 5* will be productive when he can play in 2020. Hope he is, but his track record thus far is not stellar.

Deangelo Gibbs is a different story, former 4* recruit that Bama wanted but Georgia sniped. He did not do anything at GA, 8 total tackles as a safety in 2 years, was moved way down on the depth chart. He needed a change of atmosphere and kudos to Pruitt for seeing him as a WR (very athletic) and being able to have him transfer to UT. I think imho, he will have a greater impact than Solomon in 2020.

I hope they both perform extremely well. I assume your statement above is suppose to convey positivity for Pruitts recruiting prowess, I however only see them as two players who made commitments, couldn't hack it at their current power 5 school and needed a change. Nothing wrong with that, but I would not hang my hat on recruiting ther transfer portal unless they were all Alvin Kamara........

But closing this 2019 class, UT may get Wright, but Pruitt and staff will miss on everyone else on the board. Again, I hope I am wrong and I will eat fried crow if he gets To'oto'o......

I am being a realist, and I do follow recruiting very closely......

Let's wait & see. Remember the USC defensive lineman that transferred here. He ended up being drafted by Denver and played in SuperBowl. He wasn't very productive at USC but was here
Change of scenery may do these
Players good

Reactions: orangebloodgmc
Haha, seemed pretty important for you to be right or you wouldn't be eating crow.
Seems to me there may be some monkey business here. Why no confirmation of To'oto'o yet? Until the signing is transmitted to UT, I will remain suspicious of the devil's work. i.e. Nick Saban's treachery at work.

VN Store

Back