"Kenney - Toot - Wright" Yes he can!

Smith? He will play again.
I'm no doctor, but I highly doubt it. He went off the anticoagulants and the blood clots came back. Can't play while on the anticoagulants, obviously. I really hate to say it, but he's most likely done. I can't imagine any doctor feeling confident about a recommendation for him to continue playing.

Friend has a extremely talented group of OL players coming in and a lot of returnees. If he can't get it done with the amount of talent he has next season we'll know a lot more about his ability to coach in the SEC.

Id give the newcomers a couple of years at best.. SEC is no place for FR Oline.. and which returning OL do you think is extremely talented?

I'm no doctor, but I highly doubt it. He went off the anticoagulants and the blood clots came back. Can't play while on the anticoagulants, obviously. I really hate to say it, but he's most likely done. I can't imagine any doctor feeling confident about a recommendation for him to continue playing.
If he does come back, he's on a mission from God.

This haul exceeded my expectations.... that's not counting the PWOs and WOs. Depth with talent. GO VOLS!

Reactions: Volitourt

Life before football is an easy choice. I am just grateful for the time he spent as a Vol. GBO!

As an anticoagulant lifer, yep: he's done. All it will take is a couple wrong hits and there's nothing stopping a brain bleed.

I wish him all the best and hope he finds a way to stay connected to his passion.

He’s playing a sport at a level and position to where he is gauranteed to have life altering CTE, not to mention other life long ailments that come with playing in the trenches in the SEC.

Blood clots ain’t s**t.

Good a place as any, I’ll mea culpa here.....thought Pruitt was limping home with this class after VQ seemed to make it clear that we were out of it with Henry T....I was 100% wrong. Wright and HT was a great finish, and throw in a burner in Solomon as well. Well done JP, Nieds and staff. This is an excellent class imo.

Last edited:
He’s playing a sport at a level and position to where he is gauranteed to have life altering CTE, not to mention other life long ailments that come with playing in the trenches in the SEC.

Blood clots ain’t s**t.

I pray you never have one. From experience, they're hell. I felt like my left calf was going to explode. If I sat up, the waves of pain made me throw up. and if you pop a clot to your lungs or brain you're pretty much gone. I've been very lucky to survive two pulmonary emboli in my life; I shouldn't be here.

I'm not taking anything away from the long, slow wasting of CTE or the debilitating joint issues that players face. They just take their toll over time. Blood clots can be a quick and unexpected end.

Smith? He will play again.

Nobody has said he won't except all these shade tree MDs here on VN. He very well may not play again, that said the UTAD, Pruitt, Fulmer, and more importantly Trey himself have given zero indication he'll be doing anything other than running through the T come the fall.

We did exceptionally well everywhere EXCEPT DL. We better get 3-4 DL studs next year if we are going to be a force by 2021. A couple of key injuries to the DL and we'll get steamrolled by a lot of teams this year. It's a glaring weakness on our roster right now. Hate that we lost Cox. Don't think anyone saw that coming. Wouldn't have been surprised to see him sign with AU. Wonder if he was "incentivized" to sign with Ole Miss?

VN Store

Back