*****2019 VolNation Signing Day Thread

Probably only going to get Wright, which is a huge get, but I am still underwhelmed with Pruitt's closing ability, I hope I am wrong and would eat fried crow if he gets To’oto’o, but most analysts point to UT getting Wright which is not a surprise and will fill out the rest of the class with low 3 star project players......
Didn't we just pull a 5* D-lineman from Michigan and a 4* DB/WR from UGA to pick us over transferring to other schools available....or am I just imagining that?

Holy crap some of the comments in here absolutely ridiculous, some need to Branch out a bit and actually learn the game instead of regurgitating what media outlets say, no top 10 class oh no, just going to get Wright today?? Pruitt can't close a deal seriously???You all do remember early signing day right? Morris, Crouch, Keaton any of those names ring a bell?? Give me Wright with what we already have and this will be a great class.

No si
Didn't we just pull a 5* D-lineman from Michigan and a 4* DB/WR from UGA to pick us over transferring to other schools available....or am I just imagining that?
No sir you are correct, but by the way these people are talking in here today they've decided to have a pity party instead of being happy with the talent that we have secured to play for our great program. If they would have followed recruiting some they would've known kind of where we stood with each recruit before today.

Yes, Pruitt did sign Aubrey Solomon from Michigan in the transfer portal and he will be eligible to play in 2020, he was a former 5* recruit that had a grand total of 24 tackles in 19 games at Michigan, no sacks, no PDs, no forced fumbles, no fumble recoveries. Those facts are indisputable, two years in a power 5 program and limited production. However, I also believe that some kids sign with programs and are not a good fit for the coaches or scheme and need to transfer, Solomon is probably that type of player. There is no guarantee this former 5* will be productive when he can play in 2020. Hope he is, but his track record thus far is not stellar.

Deangelo Gibbs is a different story, former 4* recruit that Bama wanted but Georgia sniped. He did not do anything at GA, 8 total tackles as a safety in 2 years, was moved way down on the depth chart. He needed a change of atmosphere and kudos to Pruitt for seeing him as a WR (very athletic) and being able to have him transfer to UT. I think imho, he will have a greater impact than Solomon in 2020.

I hope they both perform extremely well. I assume your statement above is suppose to convey positivity for Pruitts recruiting prowess, I however only see them as two players who made commitments, couldn't hack it at their current power 5 school and needed a change. Nothing wrong with that, but I would not hang my hat on recruiting ther transfer portal unless they were all Alvin Kamara........

But closing this 2019 class, UT may get Wright, but Pruitt and staff will miss on everyone else on the board. Again, I hope I am wrong and I will eat fried crow if he gets To'oto'o......

I am being a realist, and I do follow recruiting very closely......

Truth GoVols64!

giphy.gif

There doesn’t seem to be much excitement about how we are closing, kind of like the end of the season.

Reactions: VolAllen
Yes, Pruitt did sign Aubrey Solomon from Michigan in the transfer portal and he will be eligible to play in 2020, he was a former 5* recruit that had a grand total of 24 tackles in 19 games at Michigan, no sacks, no PDs, no forced fumbles, no fumble recoveries. Those facts are indisputable, two years in a power 5 program and limited production. However, I also believe that some kids sign with programs and are not a good fit for the coaches or scheme and need to transfer, Solomon is probably that type of player. There is no guarantee this former 5* will be productive when he can play in 2020. Hope he is, but his track record thus far is not stellar.

Deangelo Gibbs is a different story, former 4* recruit that Bama wanted but Georgia sniped. He did not do anything at GA, 8 total tackles as a safety in 2 years, was moved way down on the depth chart. He needed a change of atmosphere and kudos to Pruitt for seeing him as a WR (very athletic) and being able to have him transfer to UT. I think imho, he will have a greater impact than Solomon in 2020.

I hope they both perform extremely well. I assume your statement above is suppose to convey positivity for Pruitts recruiting prowess, I however only see them as two players who made commitments, couldn't hack it at their current power 5 school and needed a change. Nothing wrong with that, but I would not hang my hat on recruiting ther transfer portal unless they were all Alvin Kamara........

But closing this 2019 class, UT may get Wright, but Pruitt and staff will miss on everyone else on the board. Again, I hope I am wrong and I will eat fried crow if he gets To'oto'o......

Oh yea the ol realist...

Reactions: VolinMC and Behr

Please tell me, HOW MANY tackles or catches do those signing today have in college? Both the above for the most part were 5 star signees and big time by the schools, just like those 5 stars today its all on potential and you nor i have any idea what will happen to any of them. I do know however that both are coming here and I have faith they will be coached to the best of their ability, now if that ability ever see's results none of us know, but none of those today that signed could do out to be worth a crap either.

Reactions: VolinMC and Behr
Holy crap some of the comments in here absolutely ridiculous, some need to Branch out a bit and actually learn the game instead of regurgitating what media outlets say, no top 10 class oh no, just going to get Wright today?? Pruitt can't close a deal seriously???You all do remember early signing day right? Morris, Crouch, Keaton any of those names ring a bell?? Give me Wright with what we already have and this will be a great class.
*Keyton

Please tell me, HOW MANY tackles or catches do those signing today have in college? Both the above for the most part were 5 star signees and big time by the schools, just like those 5 stars today its all on potential and you nor i have any idea what will happen to any of them. I do know however that both are coming here and I have faith they will be coached to the best of their ability, now if that ability ever see's results none of us know, but none of those today that signed could do out to be worth a crap either.

The difference being.......both of those players (Solomon & Gibbs) have already established a track record of at least two years of playing in college.........the high school recruits have none atm. But, like I said, I hope they perform at a high level and exceed their highschool star level.......

But lets be honest, UT will not be able to compete with GA, Bama and the gators while finishing in the lower half of recruiting rankings in the SEC. I do believe that hardwork outworks talent that doesnt work, I just hope Pruitt can get these players to buy in to that in the near future.

Reactions: KBVol

Yrao4o.gif

VN Store

Back