The Official #1 Tennessee vs. Missouri Game Thread, 9:00 PM ET, ESPN2

Yeah, thought about Candy after I posted, but that was on the road and a rival. Bama, imo, is just a bad match-up for the Vols the last 2 years. Hope we don't see them in the SEC Tournament
I'm tired of hearing how great Vandy is at home and the rival crap. That team is historically bad and we got lucky. Why not just say we stunk but we win and move on.

I'm tired of hearing how great Vandy is at home and the rival crap. That team is historically bad and we got lucky. Why not just say we stunk but we win and move on.
We played bad and won anyway. Vols made their own luck, tho and we destroy them at TBA

Didn’t get to see much tonight while at work but seems we were in control of the game for the most part. Double digit wins are always a good thing.

You can’t blame ESPN for promoting Zion. Kid had 16p (7-12) 17r 3a 4s 3b tonight. There isn’t another player in the NCAA that can dominate a game like he does.

Last edited:
Zion Dunk
tenor.gif

Last edited:
Reactions: Knox-a-rue
A WIN WOULD...

Extend Tennessee's program-record win streak to 17 games. That would also tie the longest win streak of Rick Barnes' 32-year head coaching career.

Stretch the Vols' home win streak to 21 games, dating to last season (it is the longest home win streak of the Barnes era).

Give UT an 10-game win streak in regular-season SEC contests.

Tie as UT's best SEC start since the 1981-82 season (8-0).

Make the Vols 6-1 all-time as the AP's top-ranked team.

Give Tennessee its longest-ever win streak in regular-season SEC games (13).
This shows up every game thread. We won our last four regular season SEC games last year.

In the course of every game we have good and bad moments so don’t buy your “stunk” comment for the winning team. Vandy has a weird gym configuration. NCAA and SEC should have forced a change to a standard configuration years ago. Yes, the floor and baskets are regulation but location of fans, coaches, and players is different. When you have a weird gym, it is an even bigger home advantage. The number of Vol fans who show up in Nashville offsets that a little.

Did we clear out for the Pons drive to the hoop or did he create?

We played bad and won anyway. Vols made their own luck, tho and we destroy them at TBA
Agree. Something is wrong if we don't comeback and clown stomp them. I keep hearing how great Vandy played but I don't buy it.

Vols defense looked good. Off night, offensively. Mizzou played us tough.

Agree. Something is wrong if we don't comeback and clown stomp them. I keep hearing how great Vandy played but I don't buy it.

You have to let it go. When there is a 30+ game season, teams don’t play well every game. Enjoy the season.

You have to let it go. When there is a 30+ game season, teams don’t play well every game. Enjoy the season.
I'm not saying they should play well every game. I'm saying why not just acknowledge that they didn't play that well and move on. Not act like Vandy would have beaten Golden State that night.

VN Store

Back