Morris, Wright and Crouch

swchandler1988

Bazooka4Heisman
For anyone that thinks Pruitt is struggling with recruiting, think about this: Each of these players (someone correct me if I’m wrong) was at some point ranked a top #5 overall player in the country or higher by one of the recruiting services...and we’re getting/got each one of them. After 4-8 and 5-7 seasons. That’s just incredible

It's not where ya start, it's where ya finish. Wright still seems to be the nearest to such a ranking, but even he is more long term potential than immediate (as is with 99% of OL).

Crouch has clearly dropped quite significantly from his once high ranking. Who knows how he'll return, but at least we know he has top 5 type of potential.

We have always recruited well. It’s development that leads to wins. Pruitt has evaluated this entire class to meet his needs. Next years will be even better but still we always recruit well. Coaching is the key to this entire thing

Reactions: Ratvol and Dennis64
Yeah, this recruiting class isn’t really that special, especially considering how our rivals are recruiting. Anything out of the top five class every year just won’t cut it if we want to compete for championships. We’re nowhere near that.

Reactions: codyg10
Yeah, this recruiting class isn’t really that special, especially considering how our rivals are recruiting. Anything out of the top five class every year just won’t cut it if we want to compete for championships. We’re nowhere near that.
giphy.gif

We have always recruited well. It’s development that leads to wins. Pruitt has evaluated this entire class to meet his needs. Next years will be even better but still we always recruit well. Coaching is the key to this entire thing
We have recruited some talented football players in the last 10-12 years, but not enough to compete for the
sec or NCAA championships. We are beginning to recruit better talent, but still need to pick up the pace in the 2020 and 2021 classes. Got some big hole to fill, especially depth.

Reactions: Vols1966

As long as you have two classes in the top 5 to 7 and then the other two in the top 12 or so then you have enough to compete for a championship. Another thing to look at is star average. If all your classes average 3.5 stars or greater then you should have enough to be a solid team. I do agree that we have to keep this up and even improve on the recruiting trail in the future though.

Reactions: tennvols77

And you expected a top 5 class this year with what this team did last year? why don't we just enjoy this class hope next year is better instead of being negative. We all know what needs to be done, but all we can do is wait and see..

Man.... Bait being dropped today like chief Brody chumming the water...1549461476037.gif

As long as you have two classes in the top 5 to 7 and then the other two in the top 12 or so then you have enough to compete for a championship. Another thing to look at is star average. If all your classes average 3.5 stars or greater then you should have enough to be a solid team. I do agree that we have to keep this up and even improve on the recruiting trail in the future though.
The way I see it is there are two ways to win a national championship.

1) Recruit elite, top-3 talent from top to bottom every single year (i.e. Bama and UGA)

2) Recruit very good, top-15 talent every year, and then sign an elite QB (i.e. Clemson)

I'm hoping that Bailey (or Maurer, I'm not picky) is our elite QB that can get us there without 4 or 5 years of top-level talent.

Reactions: norrislakevol
Everything is predicated on the offensive and defensive lines. Blocking and pass protection equals scoring. Pass rush and stopping the run equals not scoring. I think with what we have and what we are adding through today the foundation is good for next season. Expect to see big jump in 20. I'll be good with not getting blown out in games this year and competing for the East in 20. Go US!

And you expected a top 5 class this year with what this team did last year? why don't we just enjoy this class hope next year is better instead of being negative. We all know what needs to be done, but all we can do is wait and see..
Because our biggest rivals are recruiting better than we are with rosters that are already more talented, and there's no reason to believe that Pruitt will be able to coach his players up better than Kirby, Mullen, or Saban. Recruiting is half the battle and actual coaching is the other half and as long as we continue to get beat on both sides we're never going to be any better than we were with Butch

The way I see it is there are two ways to win a national championship.

1) Recruit elite, top-3 talent from top to bottom every single year (i.e. Bama and UGA)

2) Recruit very good, top-15 talent every year, and then sign an elite QB (i.e. Clemson)

I'm hoping that Bailey (or Maurer, I'm not picky) is our elite QB that can get us there without 4 or 5 years of top-level talent.

I didn't realize UGA has won a National Championship?

I didn't realize UGA has won a National Championship?
Okay... you're trying to get all nitpicky to avoid the point altogether? UGA obviously has been championship caliber. They just lack a coach who can get it done at the finish line.

That's their method. There aren't any other schools in the country that are top-to-bottom loaded like Bama and Georgia. That's the point.

Okay... you're trying to get all nitpicky to avoid the point altogether? UGA obviously has been championship caliber. They just lack a coach who can get it done at the finish line.

That's their method. There aren't any other schools in the country that are top-to-bottom loaded like Bama and Georgia. That's the point.

True, but other schools are starting to catch up now. (i.e. LSU blowing out Georgia this year.) Florida is getting some players now too with Mullen at the helm. Even Bama is losing out on a few wanted prospects. I'm glad we are finally turning over our Offensive Line with quality prospects. Thats been one of our biggest weaknesses the past few years.

VN Store

Back