Culture changing in football program

And when a man sticks a gun in your face you got two choices.

You can die or you can kill the ************.

Reactions: stolitonic
One of many enjoyable performances by Sam Elliot.

On a side note Sam finally got a nomination for a Academy Award this year (supporting actor).

Patrick Swayze is a powerful force. Not on same level as Chuck Norris mind you but still powerful. And you can't tell me the strip tease scene was not inspirational....

source.gif

Reactions: jrwvol
Two movies that do the same thing (depict culture change) are:

a) "12-o'clock High" staring Gregory Peck (he's a leader of an Army Air Force Bomber group in Europe during America's early days in WWII) Black/white - classic. General Motors used it for years for management training.

b) "Gung Ho" starring Michael Keaton - a comedy about an auto-plant in PA (I think) that undergoes new ownership/management by the Japanese instead of one of the "big-three".

Both are very good.

NCO Academy's hold them in high regard as teaching tools...:)

GO VOLS...RECRUIT LIKE HECK!

Randy Beaver's 3 threads:

1 - Practicing blocking technique and film study with wife before bed
2 - Practicing blocking technique with wife and their St Bernard
3 - Finding leadership skills from Road House

Good stuff, man.
I can't wait for his coaching thread, Leadership- as learned through the eyes of Simba the lion King

One of many enjoyable performances by Sam Elliot.

On a side note Sam finally got a nomination for a Academy Award this year (supporting actor).
Just watched an interview with him and it was pretty interesting. He was great as a Sackett. He almost lost his house in Malibu last year. First movie I saw him in was "Lifeguard" at the Winchester drive in.

Anytime you have a new coach, one has to wonder if a huge culture change will take place in the program. Some of you guys with more insight into the program may know how Coach Pruitt is trying to instill a different culture. Are there poor attitudes in the program? Should we expect several players to leave the program? Are different types of players needed and being recruited? My wife and I watched a great movie last night that got us to thinking about this. I would recommend it to anyone that is going into a new leadership situation. It was called Roadhouse, and the whole time my wife and I was watching it, we were talking about how the plot could be related to rebuilding the football program here. Really recommend this movie as an inspiration for Coach Pruitt when he needs a lift. Best line of the movie was when the singer, Cody, said to a silent club, " His name is Dalton!" Truly gave me chills. Symbolism is striking. Just think about this.
Double Deuce Club = Volunteer Football Program
Dalton = Coach Pruitt
Brad Wesley = could represent Butch Jones' culture
Wade Garrett = Rush Propst (Garrett was Dalton's mentor in the movie)
Tilghman (Double Deuce Owner) = Phil Fulmer AD
Morgan / Steve / waitress = players/staff that had to be removed to improve the culture at DD

Randy good to see you posting- Mike formerly of Century here... Go Vols

Anytime you have a new coach, one has to wonder if a huge culture change will take place in the program. Some of you guys with more insight into the program may know how Coach Pruitt is trying to instill a different culture. Are there poor attitudes in the program? Should we expect several players to leave the program? Are different types of players needed and being recruited? My wife and I watched a great movie last night that got us to thinking about this. I would recommend it to anyone that is going into a new leadership situation. It was called Roadhouse, and the whole time my wife and I was watching it, we were talking about how the plot could be related to rebuilding the football program here. Really recommend this movie as an inspiration for Coach Pruitt when he needs a lift. Best line of the movie was when the singer, Cody, said to a silent club, " His name is Dalton!" Truly gave me chills. Symbolism is striking. Just think about this.
Double Deuce Club = Volunteer Football Program
Dalton = Coach Pruitt
Brad Wesley = could represent Butch Jones' culture
Wade Garrett = Rush Propst (Garrett was Dalton's mentor in the movie)
Tilghman (Double Deuce Owner) = Phil Fulmer AD
Morgan / Steve / waitress = players/staff that had to be removed to improve the culture at DD
Is this the same guy who practices combo blocks on his German shepherd with his wife and does Spider-Man pushups in his neighbors drive??🤔
GBO!!

VN Store

Back