"10 Teams that could make a splash on NSD"

If we sign Wright, I wonder if we get in the top ten? ( I know this is a good class,but that's not the context ) Also I wonder How many teams with two 5 stars have not reached the top ten?

These articles lead to fan frustration.. they list Tn as #1 for big day, but if people read past the clickbait headline they would read that Tn will prob only get 1 and none of the others and even lose 2 more commits, on Wed and then fans will have the we suk attitude.. guarantee you coaches already know and will not be sitting with fingers crossed on Wed morn.. they already know the score

Reactions: JohnD13 and VolinMC
If we sign Wright, I wonder if we get in the top ten? ( I know this is a good class,but that's not the context ) Also I wonder How many teams with two 5 stars have not reached the top ten?

It wont get us into the top 10 with just Wright. Maybe Wright and Pickens.

After finishing 5-7 in year one, I dont think we could have realistically expected a higher ranked class than what we are getting. To crack the top 10, Pruitt is going to have to put together a winning record and make a bowl with what he has. To crack the top 5 he's going to have upset some big dogs, i.e. Georgia, Florida, & Alabama.

Reactions: memtownvol

I would guess none since their about 30 FIVE STARS per year. Bama , UGA, Ohio State and all the usual suspects get their multiples and most the others just get 1 either a home state guys or legacy guys that happen to be 5 stars.

So we're going with "ONLY" landing 1 of the 2 most highly coveted recruits in the country and the highest unsigned player in the nation, as not a splash?
Well, ok.

To me, making a "splash" would be flipping a bunch of highly rated players that weren't projected to sign with us and cracking the top 10. Dont get me wrong, I think for as poorly as we finished last season we are signing as good of a class as we can expect. But I dont see there being any surprises.

To me, making a "splash" would be flipping a bunch of highly rated players that weren't projected to sign with us and cracking the top 10. Dont get me wrong, I think for as poorly as we finished last season we are signing as good of a class as we can expect. But I dont see there being any surprises.
Everyone likes surprises, agree.
But I'm not taking landing a 5 star like Wright for granted because of us being the leader.

I know the national ranking isn't special but it's affected by class numbers and so on. As far as the average recruit ranking for this class - 2019 - 89.88
The last time we averaged higher was 2009.

And that doesn't even factor transfers that were 5 stars - like Gibbs.
And the score for Crouch is his post injury (didn't play) score. He was the number 1 player in the country before sitting.

Don't get me wrong, would love to have a class with Bama's ranking but this class is higher than it appears because of the factors listed above. No spin, those are fairly big factors that don't fall into the ranking. But yes, agree even more would be great.

VN Store

Back