Next Tennessee Big Man

Kansas is probably not a great example to your point. Azubuike ate us alive when he was in the game. Foul trouble kept him in check. But we struggled with him and his length in the paint.
Azubuike isn’t their only big, Dedric Lawson is pretty similar sized and length.

Supposedly his father has said he will be here next year, so highly doubt he’s completely lying and already told the staff he’s 100% gone..but I suppose it’s “possible”.

How do we know for certain Grant hasnt already decided one way of the other?

Azubuike isn’t their only big, Dedric Lawson is pretty similar sized and length.
Azubuike is 7-0, 270, with a 7-7 wingspan. Lawson is 6-9, 230, with a 7-2.5 wingspan. I wouldn't call that very similar, but it's subjective, I guess.

But again, I'm not sure how highlighting Lawson supports your theory, either. He had 24 pts and 13 rebs against us. Azubuike had 9 pts and 4 rebs and only played 17 minutes. UA scored, basically, whenever he wanted to when he got the ball in the paint.

If the point is that we have been susceptible to teams with length, I'm not sure why you are using Kansas as the antithesis to that point. They gave us plenty of trouble in the paint with their length.

If he’s not currently beating out Fulk/Walker why would he next year?
Time will tell injury prone development other factors who knows its a question neither you or I can answer at this time. Do you know? i dont if you do, could you shed some light...because i am not going to assume anything regarding this player at this moment.

Time will tell and the only thing I can assume is that Barnes + Staff have a plan regarding Kent. I am good with that..

Azubuike is 7-0, 270, with a 7-7 wingspan. Lawson is 6-9, 230, with a 7-2.5 wingspan. I wouldn't call that very similar, but it's subjective, I guess.

But again, I'm not sure how highlighting Lawson supports your theory, either. He had 24 pts and 13 rebs against us. Azubuike had 9 pts and 4 rebs and only played 17 minutes. UA scored, basically, whenever he wanted to when he got the ball in the paint.

If the point is that we have been susceptible to teams with length, I'm not sure why you are using Kansas as the antithesis to that point. They gave us plenty of trouble in the paint with their length.
I didn’t list just Kansas to support my statement, if you feel we struggle against length that is your opinion, I disagree.

Time will tell injury prone development other factors who knows its a question neither you or I can answer at this time. Do you know? i dont if you do, could you shed some light...because i am not going to assume anything regarding this player at this moment.

Time will tell and the only thing I can assume is that Barnes + Staff have a plan regarding Kent. I am good with that..
That plan is currently for him not to be here next season

I didn’t list just Kansas to support my statement, if you feel we struggle against length that is your opinion, I disagree.

Offensively we certainly don't but after what we saw at South Carolina you have to at least acknowledge that defensively we have issues if Alexander gets into foul trouble

Reactions: Big time vol
Offensively we certainly don't but after what we saw at South Carolina you have to at least acknowledge that defensively we have issues if Alexander gets into foul trouble
I agree defensively is more of a concern than offensively...I will also add though is it length or skill/talent? Azubuike and Dedric Lawson are projected 1st rounders, Silva isn’t close to being 7’ but he’s a good player, is it length we struggled with or just good players?

In fact the current plan is for him to return and get his masters degree next year...he’s going to go through workouts and get feedback like Admiral did, if he gets a 1st round promise he will likely declare, but that’s obviously an unknown at this point.

I agree defensively is more of a concern than offensively...I will also add though is it length or skill/talent? Azubuike and Dedric Lawson are projected 1st rounders, Silva isn’t close to being 7’ but he’s a good player, is it length we struggled with or just good players?
Good question. Adrian Dantley never cared how tall you were, he just scored.

I'm not opining that we do or we don't. I just thought it (Kansas) was a strange example to support your opinion that we don't.

I'm not opining that we do or we don't. I just thought it (Kansas) was a strange example to support your opinion that we don't.

Like I said to Bruin, did we struggle against Kansas’ big because they’re big or because they’re that good? Would Azubuike have had the same success if he was 1” shorter?

Why the RS? just wondering? who is his replacement? Why recruit him to sit?

I’m sure when they recruited him they probably didn’t do so thinking he would be often injured and slow developing? I’m sure they took him knowing he was a project but probably the fact he’s been so often injured he hasn’t developed nearly like they thought he would.

As far as replacement...they’re hard after Walker Kessler who is considering a move into the 2019 class.

Reactions: Sudden Impact
I’m sure when they recruited him they probably didn’t do so thinking he would be often injured and slow developing? I’m sure they took him knowing he was a project but probably the fact he’s been so often injured he hasn’t developed nearly like they thought he would.

As far as replacement...they’re hard after Walker Kessler who is considering a move into the 2019 class.
thanks

VN Store

Back