Posted without comment....

There was a time when the women's game looked to have real promise and really good players. That was when just a few (like a dozen or so) teams had nearly all of the really good players. We the general fan, that only saw these teams, didn't understand the overall caliber of the players as a whole. Now days the "best" are scattered all over the place and we can see nearly all the games and it shows most teams have 1, maybe 2 good players. (not best) This shows that the average ability is not much better now than it was 15-20 years ago.

We can only imagine! The lack of discipline, physical conditioning, mental acuity, basic basketball knowledge and the overarching lack of development is shocking. Women's basketball has always been a couple of steps below the quality reflected in the men's game, but this is pathetic.

I started following the LVs in the 80s. I was at the game in Hawaii in November of 1988 when the LV's beat LaTech by one and had dinner with the team that night. Those young ladies were being taught life lessons along with their BB education. I don't see either of those qualities in the current edition of LV BB.

What I see is a lack of hustle. Is it just too hard to actually jump to for a rebound? Is i too much to demand that a scholarship player actually move while away from the ball? Where is the accountability for making poor decisions?

I also am disgusted with the lack of discipline reflected in the lack of pride in playing for the LVs. The cleaning staff at any Holiday Inn has more pride in their uniform than the current LVs. There is no uniformity in the uniform! A group of homeless vagabonds have more in common with each other than this group of ladies.

All of this goes to the current coach. She stated many of the shortcomings of current players coming into the program recently. Then she should change those shortcomings. It is her well paid job to do so.

Perhaps she should no longer have the mantle of Coach of the Lady Vols.

Rant over.

One of the best posts I have ever read!!!!! Sums up feelings better than I could have said them myself.
Along the lines of what you have said, have you ever seen as much walking and standing around on the offensive end watching what one person with the ball is doing or standing out of the action zone waiting on a rebound opportunity in you life?

Reactions: VolDave53
Someone reported it? What's the justification for having it removed? Misogynistic? War on Women? #MeToo

Never underestimate the power of a snowflake with hurt feelings.

Probably copyright. Use without permission.

You mean when the Lady Vols beat every team by 50. Yeah, that was really exciting, edge of your seat action.

Real simply don't watch, and if that is how you feel why are you even looking at a post about women's basketball ?

I didn't see it, and it's deleted now. Is there any other place where this video is posted?

Ya’ll wanna talk about non-entertaining games...How was that super bowl for ya?!
Doozie😴

The guy who posted it - his wife works for UT. So maybe...
Yeah, but wasn't it just snapping a video of his TV? It's not like it was official footage.

I think it's worse to be forced to take it down rather than be able to laugh at oneself.

Reactions: PointGuard
LMAO Davis running away !
I was gonna say that was the highlight of the clip...until the Vandy player got blocked by the bottom of the rim all by herself.

That whole sequence looks like the 11-year old AAU girls in Anytown, USA. It's amazing Tennessee can score 80+ points just by throwing up bricks and jumping over smaller, less athletic girls to get the ball back until they can score or get fouled.

Reactions: PG1
I was gonna say that was the highlight of the clip...until the Vandy player got blocked by the bottom of the rim all by herself.

That whole sequence looks like the 11-year old AAU girls in Anytown, USA. It's amazing Tennessee can score 80+ points just by throwing up bricks and jumping over smaller, less athletic girls to get the ball back until they can score or get fouled.

Please stop i`m LMAO !

This video has exposed a lot, and I’m not referring to the players or even the coaches.

Goofs happen. It’s a part of all sports. When they happen we laugh because we know the athletes are talented and it sort of makes us feel good to see someone so amazing have an off day.

However, when people watched this video, it hurt their feelings. That tells me people either 1.) believe female athletes are inferior and that it’s mean spirited to point out their deficiencies or 2.) the bad play is the norm, and not the exception.

I thought the video was funny, but I definitely don’t think it encompasses female athletics or even the current state of the Lady Vols.

But it was enlightening to see what some of you truly think of female athletes—and your “favorite team”.

I'm not some hard core conservative...but I'm a "Heritage not Hate" guy and believe southern white males get waaaaay too much unfair blame for all the world's problems....but this crap about women wnba players needing to get paid equal to NBA players is a ridiculous joke. That league could go completely away and nobody would give two craps....and if that makes me a misogynistic southern white male causing more world problems....so be it.

This video has exposed a lot, and I’m not referring to the players or even the coaches.

Goofs happen. It’s a part of all sports. When they happen we laugh because we know the athletes are talented and it sort of makes us feel good to see someone so amazing have an off day.

However, when people watched this video, it hurt their feelings. That tells me people either 1.) believe female athletes are inferior and that it’s mean spirited to point out their deficiencies or 2.) the bad play is the norm, and not the exception.

I thought the video was funny, but I definitely don’t think it encompasses female athletics or even the current state of the Lady Vols.

But it was enlightening to see what some of you truly think of female athletes—and your “favorite team”.
I think the majority of the laughs and comments are directly or indirectly for the "coach" (I use that term loosely) of said "favorite team".

I'm not some hard core conservative...but I'm a "Heritage not Hate" guy and believe southern white males get waaaaay too much unfair blame for all the world's problems....but this crap about women wnba players needing to get paid equal to NBA players is a ridiculous joke. That league could go completely away and nobody would give two craps....and if that makes me a misogynistic southern white male causing more world problems....so be it.

Rest easy. I’ve loosely followed the WNBA since its inception, and I’ve never read or heard anything about anyone suggesting WNBA players “needing to get paid equal to NBA players.” Noone in their right mind would suggest that, so someone has given you some bad information.

What I have heard, though, is that it’s kinda rough to make $40,000 and then have to live half their lives playing in foreign leagues to supplement theit incomes. My guess is that the overwhelming majority of WNBA players would be over-the-moon THRILLED to receive $125,000 a year, which probably what the NBA waterboys earn.

And people often say, “Hey! I wish I could earn $40,000 for four months’ work!” But what if you needed to earn more than that to buy a home and found it nearly impossible to get “off-season” jobs in your own country near your family and friends every year? And you end up having to take a job in some war-torn country like Israel because you need more money to save for your future when you can no longer do your job? How many employers are willing to hire someone that needs four months off to go to another job?

Also, being a professional athlete really is a year-round job, regardless of length of season. Pros have to constantly maintain their physical health, and because so many WNBA players have to leave their own country after their season to make a decent living in another, their bodies and psyches are taking a real beating.

I would like to see everyone make at least $100,000 a year. That kind of money for so few athletes is a drop in the bucket for the NBA.

Reactions: madtownvol
Keep this in mind that most if not all the players in this clip were given high enough * ratings by these so called Scouting/Recruiting sevices that they were recruited by more than one D1 school and coach! SMH!

VN Store

Back