'19 CA LB Henry To'oto'o (Tennessee Signee)

Couldn’t defend the pass worth a crap; only time they could was when Pruitt was coaching the DBs. After he left they fell off the face the earth again
Bama was 5th in the SEC and 33rd nationally in pass defense. Fell off the face of the earth? Lol.

Look it up I don’t have to defend it. They excelled to defend the pass whenever Pruitt was there either as a DC or defensive backs coach...when he wasn’t there they struggled
Gave up about 30 more yards passing per game (7.5 yards per quarter) in 2018 without Pruitt vs 2017 with Pruitt. If you wanna say they weren’t as good this past year as the year before, yeah, ok, I’m with you. But struggled or “fell off the face of the earth”? Lol, no.

Reactions: Mtnvol80
Don't forget the kids in the transfer portal. Some offer immediate playing time. Not saying any of them will come to UT, but the coaches are exploring all options.

But according to this theory, all of those kids have already died and we would have at best a color copy (first 40 seconds):

Be funny if our coaches/insiders are intentionally putting out bad info to get UW and Bama to negative recruit each other up until NSD.... then we convince Toot Toot last minute to sign with us.

Without all the top talent saban is avg also

Meyer at OSU seems to debunk this. Fisher too. Maybe Kirby is on his way too. Talent is critical, but not all can maximize talent and keep them wanting more.

OSU was apparently #1 in the 247 team talent composite. Yet they allowed 25 ppg this year. Absolutely atrocious for any team that talented. Saban would have cut his DC's butt midgame if Bama was that bad on D. But whatever, I'm sure OSU's DC this year could be a top notch HC at a blueblood program.

Last edited:
Reactions: Mtnvol80
You sir are in denial
How am I in denial??? Please, I have never said he was going for sure anywhere. I have always said we have a chance. So because I say I doubt Hubbs knows what he is going to do I am in denial????? He may not come here, the sun will still come up and the Vols future still looks bright. I can handle it either way, I have after all been a fan for over 45 years so I can take pretty much anything. GBO!!!!!

Gave up about 30 more yards passing per game (7.5 yards per quarter) in 2018 without Pruitt vs 2017 with Pruitt. If you wanna say they weren’t as good this past year as the year before, yeah, ok, I’m with you. But struggled or “fell off the face of the earth”? Lol, no.
Pruitt was a great DC at Bama and did a great job when he was DB coach too. But he also had a lot working in his favor in 2017 compared to 2018. Bama had only 3 2017 defensive starters back for 2018. The entire 2017 starting secondary went to the NFL. The entire defensive staff except Tosh Lupoi had to be replaced after 2017. Tosh was promoted to DC and wasn't ready for it. Bama also had several injuries to 2018 defensive starters. To say the drop off in defensive performance was due mainly to Pruitt's departure is just silly.

Last edited:
Reactions: AaronUT
Not only that but they never had an explosive offense like this year. Defense were on the field more cause they were scoring so quick then all the garbage time. No way to compare this year to any of the others. They took a step back in the secondary no doubt cause they replaced the whole backfield except for Diggs and he got hurt. Losing Minkah alone would hurt any team

Bama had only 3 2017 defensive starters back for 2018. The entire 2017 starting secondary went to the NFL. The entire defensive staff except Tosh Lupoi had to be replaced after 2017. Tosh was promoted to DC and wasn't ready for it. To think Pruitt's departure is the primary reason for the drop off in defensive performance is just silly.
1549082126317.gif

Pruitt was a great DC at Bama and did a great job when he was DB coach too. But he also had a lot working in his favor in 2017 compared to 2018. Bama had only 3 2017 defensive starters back for 2018. The entire 2017 starting secondary went to the NFL. The entire defensive staff except Tosh Lupoi had to be replaced after 2017. Tosh was promoted to DC and wasn't ready for it. To say the drop off in defensive performance was due mainly to Pruitt's departure is just silly.

You admitted yourself that Lupoi’s promotion was a large factor. Doesn’t that mean Pruitt’s departure as DC was a big reason for the drop off in performance?

If you’re going to be a homer, at least present a compelling argument.

VN Store

Back