Some positives (Florida win)

Yeah, I am serious. Does the fact Fl was LV's opponent change anything about Meme being able to get back on the court or KK's knee improving or that Cheridene works her butt off during the game?

Are we now supposed to wish ill on the players because of frustrations over Holly?
Nobody wishes ill on the players. I actually feel sorry for these players because they have a clueless inept coach. It has nothing to do with the players.

Yes we beat Florida, which is good, however, it was against a low ability program. With our talent, we should have blown them completely out of the water. I can't get excited about Coach Holly until she can consistently beat Missouri, South Carolina, Kentucky, Mississippi State and other teams that have 5 Star talent like ours. It is nice to beat the LSU's and Florida's, however, in reality she should. There is no way in the world that Holly should have lost against Arkansas and Alabama, or by 21 points to Alabama. She is way over her head. Right now she is a no star coach, coaching 5 stars that she is incapable of helping them reach their potential.

Fla sucked and these kids are not getting any better. oh and Holly sucks

Your initial response expressed the same idea but I do appreciate you taking the effort to ensure that there is no misunderstanding.

None of this response has anything to do with my post and it dodges all the questions I asked (which is fine, you are under no obligation to respond). And if you think saying "Holly sucks" hurts my feelings (since you seem to presume anyone who does not incessantly post anti-Holly rants must be a "Holly lover"), well I am not exactly crying in my beer. Go LVS!

Last edited:
You do realize this Florida team couldn't beat some High School teams this year...To say this is the standard for which we are to judge the state of this program is Blasphemy!

Piney, I am genuinely curious how you interpreted my post "some positives from the Florida game" (mostly focusing on players recovering from injuries and freshman showing some grit), as a suggestion that this win should be the "standard" to judge the state of the program.
I really don't get that inference at all.

Last edited:
Reactions: travis929
I dunno know. I think Cheridene is playing at the upper limits of her ability; she has even added a decent jump shot to her game. Under CPS, much of her development would have been Dean (as it is now). I think the difference is the team around her would have been better and more cohesive but as an isolated case, she has definitely improved from her first season.
Coach Summitt never allowed mediocre hustle and play. Green, when she wants to, can box out the best rebounders. She is not the best jumper but she does know how to use her size. Coach Summitt was and still is one of the best coaches at motivating players to play to their best. Having Coach Summitt in Green's ear, I think we would see an even better Green. I agree, her offense wouldn't have probably improved a lot, but I think we would see an even better rebounder and defensive force in the paint.

Piney, I am genuinely curious how you interpreted my post "some positives from the Florida game" (mostly focusing on players recovering from injuries and freshman showing some grit), as a suggestion that this win should be the "standard" to judge the state of the program.
I really don't get that inference at all.
Madtown, you have had a lot of explaning to different bloggers about how you justified what you wrote. As you can see my initial response to you was rather harsh. I don't like the girls not achieving any more than you. My problem is I have a hard time trying to justify the coaching debacle that is going on in Knoxville. Such a disservice is unnecessary. As for the girls progress in their abilities to produce good sound basketball play, Bravo for a job well done.

Reactions: madtownvol

VN Store

Back