Vols Line Play?

Thanks Pride, This forum is like many on here and reminds me of some training classes I have been in. People have no idea what your talking about or they can’t contribute anything intelligent to the conversation, so they make comments that they think are funny, but just further emphasizes their lack of knowledge about the subject.

Didn’t realize there was a humor free zone here. I see some posts that are humorous, some not so much, but none that can be construed as a direct correlation of a lack of intelligence or knowledge.
Please point us to comments that emphasize your claim and how you came to the conclusion with such little data to substantiate your claim. I am always willing to learn from a superior intellect.

Last edited:
THIS ^^^ ALL OF THIS^^^ has made my day. A part of me wanted to believe that the OP was serious, but the longer I read the less I could suspend disbelief. Come on out from behind the pseudonym and tell us who you are in our great VolNation. Great thread!! GBO!!!

Hello, I recently moved to the Knoxville area from NW Arkansas after living there for about 3 years. We are transplanted Brits and we became fans of the Arkansas Razorbacks and big fans of NCAA football. We had a thriving couples NCAA football discussion group that met monthly at Applebees restaurants around the area. Had some very passionate and heated discussions. Would love to start a new group in the Knoxville area. Anyway, enough about me.
Since moving here about 4 months ago, my wife and I have began following Vols football and became pretty big fans. Not so hard to leave the Razorbacks as they were hard to enjoy . However, my wife and I are very concerned with the lack of physicality on the offensive and defensive lines of Tennessee. Is it good enough to win in the SEC? We have been studying the physics/mechanics of blocking each night before bed. We watch some game film from this season, paying particular attention to the offensive line play. We pick a lineman and then role play that particular blocking technique from each play. We feel the best technique is when my wife is able to lock her hands just under my armpits near my breasts with her butt dropped below the level of my waist. I outweigh her and she is easily able to force me backwards each time she uses those mechanics. Tennessee offensive lineman seem to use that technique the majority of the time. So if they are being taught the right techniques, is this a problem with the strength and conditioning of our players? Because they are certainly not able to consistently get the push in SEC play that my wife is able to get on me. Anyone know what is being stressed in Vols strength program?

Your wife told me she likes your Drew Richmond techniques since she likes to be blind sided...

Reactions: arkivol
Good on ya mate, this is my favorite post of all time! This one may never go away. Now, about your wife, she practices blocking techniques? Many of our wives here in the South have been watching football since they were knee-high to a grasshopper but if we were to say chop block they’d think we’re were talking about the thing you cut onions on. Many other retired Brit wives partake in blocking techniques?

Reactions: MoodyVol
G'day mate,

Welcome to our home of the great Vol Nation!

We hope you're not just some wanker that stopped by to stir the pot and add more rubbish to it.

Just a tip...Wasn't a good way to start by saying you were a big fan of the arKansas razorHumps, LOL!

We just started a total rebuild under our new Head Coach so we expect things will get much better with another 2 or 3 years of good recruiting and much better coaching.

We all look forward to watching this rebuild and returning back to becoming a top 10 or better footVol Team where we belong.

In the meantime you might want to enjoy our BasketVol Team which is currently ranked as the number 1 best in the country.

VFL...GBO!!!

Good on ya mate, this is my favorite post of all time! This one may never go away. Now, about your wife, she practices blocking techniques? Many of our wives here in the South have been watching football since they were knee-high to a grasshopper but if we were to say chop block they’d think we’re were talking about the thing you cut onions on. Many other retired Brit wives partake in blocking techniques?

Oui....primarily on defence.

Didn’t realize there was a humor free zone here. I see some posts that are humorous, some not so much, but none that can be construed as a direct correlation of a lack of intelligence or knowledge.
Please point us to comments that emphasize your claim and how you came to the conclusion with such little data to substantiate your claim. I am always willing to learn from a superior intellect.

Not being able to contribute to the conversation by no means shows a lack of intelligence, I consider myself half way intelligent but have meetings or dinner with people in the medical fields, sometimes I ask myself if they are speaking English. That doesn’t show my lack of intelligence as much as it does my lack of knowledge about their chosen profession.

Reactions: Seattle Hillbilly
Oh, I thought it might have been because he answered it a few posts before yours. Haha.
Oh, I didn’t see that. Lol. Kinda gave it away before I could. Only show I watch on tv other than my Vols.

Lol
We originally hail from charming little place called Heckmondwike. Have you ever been there?

Thanks Pride85 for the informative post. It does sound to me like we might need a better strength and conditioning protocol as well as focusing on recruiting bigger, stronger lineman. If I get a chance later today or in the morning, I will tell you guys about a workout program that I've been using for years. It has kept me in tip-top shape.

Did ya get it from the colonel. Bet it’s a real bobbiedazzler.

Not being able to contribute to the conversation by no means shows a lack of intelligence, I consider myself half way intelligent but have meetings or dinner with people in the medical fields, sometimes I ask myself if they are speaking English. That doesn’t show my lack of intelligence as much as it does my lack of knowledge about their chosen profession.

I have found myself surrounded by Acedemics, Department Chairs, and the occasional Dean or Provost, at times. So I completely understand this sentiment. I can better understand the squirrels in the front yard than the conversation when the acedemics get serious.
I took a personal affront to your previous post because it seemed condescending to those of us that routinely come to VN for information but also to have a little fun. I will have to concede that I probably could not have added anything knowledgeable to a serious conversation about line techniques in the SEC. (if they get plowed over they are bad, if they are the plow they are good).

Having perceived the OP’s post as an oddity in its content I chose an attempt at humor. If it turns out that I am incorrect in that assessment I have no issue with apologizing to the OP should it require one.

Appreciate the clarification.

Last edited:
Welcome to VolNation! I'm sure what you said in your post was well thought out and articulated, but I stopped reading at "Randy Beaver".

We originally hail from charming little place called Heckmondwike. Have you ever been there?

Thanks Pride85 for the informative post. It does sound to me like we might need a better strength and conditioning protocol as well as focusing on recruiting bigger, stronger lineman. If I get a chance later today or in the morning, I will tell you guys about a workout program that I've been using for years. It has kept me in tip-top shape.
My best friend I've been working with for the last 12 years is from Hull. Not far from where you are from.

VN Store

Back