East Tennessee Weather II

Man the weather forum is all doom and gloom. NWS still showing 2 to 3 inches for East Tn valley.

After the kind of winter's we've had thats like hitting the lottery.

The trolls and cliffdivers have invaded. They're literally freaking out over 1 model run. I've learned that it's better to watch model trends over several runs than to trust one run.

Wait whut? I’m all for the white stuff and think/hope we see a good amount of it. I was just telling those with -50s to stay safe. If that’s trolling my bad

Reactions: Orange_Vol1321
The trolls and cliffdivers have invaded. They're literally freaking out over 1 model run. I've learned that it's better to watch model trends over several runs than to trust one run.
The only thing I see different is it taking three hours to turn from rain to snow. Hopefully the cold will be here and have the rain changeover soon after it starts.

Areas South of Knoxville North of Atlanta East Of Chattanooga West of North Carolina will have the best chance of see 2 + inches.

NWS still says 2-3 inches. This probability chart says 3-6 inches. Who knows ....

Attachments

• Screenshot_20190128-140536_AccuWeather.jpg
    Screenshot_20190128-140536_AccuWeather.jpg
    335 KB · Views: 13
image7.png

Yeah, I wouldn't get worried over one bad run.

However, if the 6 o clock run is equally bad and other models start showing something similar, there may be a trend there.

I will say that the other short range models like the RAP has been pretty good for the valley.

NWS has now adjusted their snowfall totals slightly for the lack of moisture.

DyBkf2qWwAEIA5z.jpg:large

I figured the totals would go down greatly in the plateau. I think most on here would still be happy with 1-2. Now just because the amounts went down, doesnt mean that travel conditions won't be as bad. I still highly recommend that you use caution if you have to be on the roads tomorrow morning.

I figured the totals would go down greatly in the plateau. I think most on here would still be happy with 1-2. Now just because the amounts went down, doesnt mean that travel conditions won't be as bad. I still highly recommend that you use caution if you have to be on the roads tomorrow morning.
Yes sir.

According to Morristown in their latest discussion, the 12z NAM that had that bad run was possibly initialized incorrectly. That may be a run that we should be careful about putting stock into.

Reactions: Matt2496

VN Store

Back