Todd Helton

Rumorgirl

Todd Helton is listed on Tennessee web site as Director of Player Development.

Is he going to take an active part or is that just a title?

He said.

“After spending three years at Tennessee and 17 years in the Major Leagues with the Colorado Rockies, I really wanted to give back to this program any way that I can," Helton said.

Todd Helton is listed on Tennessee web site as Director of Player Development.

Is he going to take an active part or is that just a title?

He said.

“After spending three years at Tennessee and 17 years in the Major Leagues with the Colorado Rockies, I really wanted to give back to this program any way that I can," Helton said.
I saw him in the dugout regularly last year. IIRC, his position prevents him from coaching/instructing because of the other coaches on staff, but he can advise players about playing professionally whether it is entering the draft early or not (again, this is my recollection).

that started with Coach Serrano...hoping one day, he can, if he wants, to expand his role with the Vols...hey, he's a VFL...:D

GO VOLS...RECRUIT LIKE HECK!

We saw how much Butch Jones' position prohibited him from actually coaching at Alabama. Well, if you could call it that.

Reactions: savannahfan
I think Todd Helton's involvement could only mean good things for UT baseball. The only caveat is he dosen't step on or overshadow the current coaching staff which I doubt he will. He is definitely a VFL and a good dude. I met him a few times back when he was in school and he was a nice guy when nobody was watching.

Go Vols!

I love Todd too but i believe his association is similar to Jimmy Buffet and Margaritaville. Jimmy ain’t cooking and Todd ain’t coaching. Wonderful to have a great player associated with the program but that is about the extent of things.

I love Todd too but i believe his association is similar to Jimmy Buffet and Margaritaville. Jimmy ain’t cooking and Todd ain’t coaching. Wonderful to have a great player associated with the program but that is about the extent of things.

...for now...:D

GO VOLS...RECRUIT LIKE HECK!

VN Store

Back