Kara Lawson ESPN !

One important stat you missed. ND had 23 assists on 28 made baskets. UT had 9 assists on 27 made baskets. A very clear indicator of the type of basketball each team plays. ND plays ball movement until the right player gets the right shot. UT plays outdated get the ball, shoot and get the rebound.

Yeah, not a lot of movement on our players in the half court, pass it around the perimeter until it’s down to 10 and then someone dribbles and takes a shot.
A lot of ppl will play us zone, they need to get to that center of the zone more and it will open up things. That would actually be a good spot for Rennia to pop that mid range.

One important stat you missed. ND had 23 assists on 28 made baskets. UT had 9 assists on 27 made baskets. A very clear indicator of the type of basketball each team plays. ND plays ball movement until the right player gets the right shot. UT plays outdated get the ball, shoot and get the rebound.
This is the main reason we need a new coach. Their iq and style is inefficient.

Reactions: Ratvol and jonson
seems like it's difficult for them to run set plays, but they do a little better with a run and gun but then they get out of control...really hard to watch and I still don't know why we have so much trouble with 1-2 footers... but, as always...

GO LADY VOLS!

Kara is normally very good about being a neutral observer but I definitely get a vibe that she is NOT a fan of Notre Dame based on comments she's made, so she was probably frustrated that Tennessee wasn't able to keep up the quality of play in the 2nd half.

Westbrook isn't and will never be the true definition of a point guard. Holly made that concession to her to get her to Tennessee in the first place. Plenty of other coach would've done that also, but then convinced her that her best position is the two guard. She is probably our best three point shooter thanks to Barnes and she certainly would be on a better position to take perimeter shots on either side of the court. She needs to be shooting more perimeter shots and being a two guard would certainly be the best position to accomplish that. The two would mean less decision making which would help the team as she has not developed as a decision maker.

T. Cooper would have helped Tennessee. In a recent game against Mississippi State, she led South Carolina in points and rebounds, I don't understand why some Tennessee fans could not appreciate Simmons, Deshields and Cooper.

Reactions: JDuro and ksl415
Westbrook isn't and will never be the true definition of a point guard. Holly made that concession to her to get her to Tennessee in the first place. Plenty of other coach would've done that also, but then convinced her that her best position is the two guard. She is probably our best three point shooter thanks to Barnes and she certainly would be on a better position to take perimeter shots on either side of the court. She needs to be shooting more perimeter shots and being a two guard would certainly be the best position to accomplish that. The two would mean less decision making which would help the team as she has not developed as a decision maker.
Totally agree. But, who else will be able to run the point? I'm not being harsh toward any of the ladies but she seems like the only compitant guard they have. None of the others have the knowledge, ball handling or passing skills it takes to play at a high level.

Reactions: ksl415
Totally agree. But, who else will be able to run the point? I'm not being harsh toward any of the ladies but she seems like the only compitant guard they have. None of the others have the knowledge, ball handling or passing skills it takes to play at a high level.

Amen to that. I like Massengil but she doesn’t seem as heady and have that fire inside that E does. For me that’s what I like in a player and my PG.

Reactions: Barnes'Barn
I sure miss PAT!
If she hadn’t gotten sick in 2011 and didn’t have to retire and her sudden passing 2 years ago she would in all reality still be the coach. I guess God said your work is done. Time to come home. We all miss her greatly!!!

I really wish Kara Lawson was the lady vols coach. I think she would be a great coach.

NO! NO! And HELL NO! The Lady Vols need an EXPERIENCED head basketball coach with an exemplary record. The experimental process needs to end NOW.

VN Store

Back