Calling on big Jim Haslam

aurabass

BIG WOOFER
Please call Phil Fulmer and clue him in on the benefits of changing coaches midseason. When Haslam fired Jackson in favor of Kitchens the lowly Browns responded with a 5 and 2 end of season run.
If we want to preserve our perfect NCAAT record something must be done now. No way to know for sure but staying with Holly is certain disaster.
Go with Dean Sharrona or Bridgette and shake things up. It cannot possibly be worse than this

Reactions: savannahfan
Not sure if the understand how sports work.
Haslam or Fulmer? or both?
Haslam is known as a mover & shaker behind the scenes in Vol sports. He and Fulmer have a relationship.
Maybe he can convince Phil to make a change NOW>

Haslam or Fulmer? or both?
Haslam is known as a mover & shaker behind the scenes in Vol sports. He and Fulmer have a relationship.
Maybe he can convince Phil to make a change NOW>
The Haslams. I must have hit a key and deleted the name.

The Haslams. I must have hit a key and deleted the name.
One way sports work involves guys with lots of $$$ influencing decisions by athletic directors, as Haslam has been known to do.
I'm not saying he has done it will - but calling Phil to advise him to replace Holly *since he just has success with a mid season change" would be a good thing.

Dear Mr Haslam,
Please focus 100% of your time in Cleveland and forgot all about Knoxville. While you're at it please take your brother and tell him to give up the idea of being senator. The two of you need to stay as far away from UT sports and Tennessee politics as possible.

Please call Phil Fulmer and clue him in on the benefits of changing coaches midseason. When Haslam fired Jackson in favor of Kitchens the lowly Browns responded with a 5 and 2 end of season run.
If we want to preserve our perfect NCAAT record something must be done now. No way to know for sure but staying with Holly is certain disaster.
Go with Dean Sharrona or Bridgette and shake things up. It cannot possibly be worse than this

OP, our AD IS on top of the situation, he gave Holly a short extension but most importantly significantly reduced her buyout to $600K . He knows she isn't going to make it and had to get out of the contract that Hart had her in with a much bigger buyout. The well being of the LVBB future is more important than the NCAAT record. Holly's failures will solidify all the boosters to agree to dismiss her at seasons end. If Fulmer fires her now which assistant coach will save the season? Probably none of them. Its best to let Holly continue to fail and seal her own fate.

Reactions: AllforTenn
The article is about Jimmy, not ‘Big Jim’, his dad. I’ll bet either one of them know more about running organizations than anyone else on this board.

Have a little respect, the Haslams have donated millions of dollars to the University and our community.

Ha! Amen brother. OP better be careful what he asks for. Check out the story from the link below and you'll pray Haslam stays as far away from The Hill as possible.

Inside the Browns' front office, where hope and history collide

Good Lord, read the post the OP entered--he's talking about the same Jim in the article, however he may have referred to him. And I still don't want him meddling any more than necessary in the AD, respect or not.

Reactions: Smallvol#1
Ha! Amen brother. OP better be careful what he asks for. Check out the story from the link below and you'll pray Haslam stays as far away from The Hill as possible.

Inside the Browns' front office, where hope and history collide
I read that the other day. Just because the browns went 5-3 to end the year doesn’t mean 💩 to me. Jim Haslam is ****ing clueless and insecure when it comes to running football. If people haven’t read this, they should. (Warning, it’s a long article)

The article is about Jimmy, not ‘Big Jim’, his dad. I’ll bet either one of them know more about running organizations than anyone else on this board.

Have a little respect, the Haslams have donated millions of dollars to the University and our community.
A little respect? Lol Just because someone has money doesn’t mean squat that they know what they’re doing with it when they donate it, and it certainly doesn’t mean that decisions they make are good ones.

Dear Mr Haslam,
Please focus 100% of your time in Cleveland and forgot all about Knoxville. While you're at it please take your brother and tell him to give up the idea of being senator. The two of you need to stay as far away from UT sports and Tennessee politics as possible.
Seriously Bill is considering a Senate run next year?? Only way that happens is if Alexander retires. The other Senator is now Blackburn....

Respect? Respect the way they hijacked the board of trustees? Respect the way they tried to profit off of their influence in the University system by firing the custodial services and trying to hiring their crony's company? And how much of their donations came from swindling blue collar truck drivers? Those guys are human filth and they need their names removed from the business buildings on campus. I mean, could you imagine Hofstra deciding it would be a good idea to name their business college after Bernie Madoff? Jimmy Haslam is a freaking crook and he and his ill gotten bank account need to stay away from the University.

One way sports work involves guys with lots of $$$ influencing decisions by athletic directors, as Haslam has been known to do.
I'm not saying he has done it will - but calling Phil to advise him to replace Holly *since he just has success with a mid season change" would be a good thing.
Yes, I'm pretty sure that's happened. So, how were all those influential decisions since they fired Phil?

Reactions: Smallvol#1
OP, I have a strange feeling that JH is probably not listening to distress calls from this website community any longer.

Respect? Respect the way they hijacked the board of trustees? Respect the way they tried to profit off of their influence in the University system by firing the custodial services and trying to hiring their crony's company? And how much of their donations came from swindling blue collar truck drivers? Those guys are human filth and they need their names removed from the business buildings on campus. I mean, could you imagine Hofstra deciding it would be a good idea to name their business college after Bernie Madoff? Jimmy Haslam is a freaking crook and he and his ill gotten bank account need to stay away from the University.

Thanks for a silly laugh.

Reactions: aurabass
Are you really that uninformed? Nothing you say in this post is close to true and even slanderous.

Envy is not a pretty thing...

Reactions: aurabass
GOOD GRIEF - I only want to see a change made - HOLLY OUT NOW and someone as interim coach to try to save our perfect NCAAT record.
Knowing Haslam fired Hue Jackson for Kitchens midseason gives us an example of how a change now might be successful

NOBODY IS SUGGESTING HASLAM TAKE OVER ANY VOL SPORT. - I simply want those who think a midseason change is crazy to know it worked in Cleveland and Lord knows keeping HOLLY will make the end of our perfect record a certainty.

There is no cause at all for this raft of Haslam bashing. Like it or not the Haslams have been influential for better or worse due to the $$ they put into UT. This - removing Holly - seems to me to be a good way they might influence the situation. Nothing is better than a recent example - like the Browns - to prove a change can have a positive result

Last edited:

VN Store

Back