Travis Henry’s National Championship Ring

Several of these '98 championship rings have been sold over the years on e-bay. Ron Green comes to mind... they never fetch more than about $1K. The Travis Henry story is too stupid to be sad. He just doesn't deserve much sympathy. 11 kids by 10 different women? His lawyer once estimated that he was paying as much as $170,000 a year in child support payments... he used $80,000 of his signing bonus with the Titans to purchase jewelry for himself including a Rolex and gold chains - even though he was already behind on child support at the time. And he derailed his career with a cocaine trafficking ring arrest. In 2009, he was sentenced to 3 years in prison and ordered to pay $4 million in fines when he was already broke.

Feel better?

Reactions: 508mikey
Hard to feel sorry for a person that made 10x what I will make in a lifetime. At one time his child support was nearly 175k a year ... almost 100k more than my wife and I at a modest 85k a year.

Last edited:
Reactions: FïreBall
Several of these '98 championship rings have been sold over the years on e-bay. Ron Green comes to mind... they never fetch more than about $1K. The Travis Henry story is too stupid to be sad. He just doesn't deserve much sympathy. 11 kids by 10 different women? His lawyer once estimated that he was paying as much as $170,000 a year in child support payments... he used $80,000 of his signing bonus with the Titans to purchase jewelry for himself including a Rolex and gold chains - even though he was already behind on child support at the time. And he derailed his career with a cocaine trafficking ring arrest. In 2009, he was sentenced to 3 years in prison and ordered to pay $4 million in fines when he was already broke.

Definitely not a champion of life.

Reactions: jasonvols2.2
I still remember when he went over the top against Vanderbilt and landed squarely on his head in the endzone. He laid there for several minutes. His mom was even on the field. I thought for sure his neck was broken. Thankfully, he finally got up and hobbled off the field.

I wished he could have received some good counsel/advice before he left UT. He needed a mentor/"big-brother" type of guy to help him stay clear of the mine-field that is big-money-made from humble origins.
The quitest Neyland has ever been.

I still remember when he went over the top against Vanderbilt and landed squarely on his head in the endzone. He laid there for several minutes. His mom was even on the field. I thought for sure his neck was broken. Thankfully, he finally got up and hobbled off the field.

I wished he could have received some good counsel/advice before he left UT. He needed a mentor/"big-brother" type of guy to help him stay clear of the mine-field that is big-money-made from humble origins.
The quitest Neyland has ever been.

The day Inky was injured was the quietest I personally experienced.
Sad day...........

Reactions: 82_VOL_83
Due to the small number of our natty rings available, and the few that players that are willing to sell, the rings should command much higher prices. I would have thought $10K. What Vol fan wouldn't want to have that ring regardless of who's it was?

I'd rather just be broke and keep my championship ring because getting 3-4k for it means you're still just broke. That would only last a few weeks / months at most. Damn T Henry.....

Here's an opportunity to buy Travis Henry championship ring. I I hate it when I see a player is parted with this type of memorabilia but sometimes I think it means more to us the fan than it does to them the player they were there and lived it. But here is your opportunity to own a piece of Tennessee history....

1998 University of Tennessee Volunteers National Championship | Lot #80293 | Heritage Auctions
Travis Henry’s National Championship Ring

VN Store

Back