Lady Vols are BACK!!!

The bad thing is I can see holly rationalizing with Fulmer of the teams youth and get another year. As long as holly stays more players will realize she cannot coach and leave and the cycle starts again.

Whether she stays or goes players will probably transfer, so get it over with and replace her at the end of the season.

I don't think it matters with the recruiting. Every recruit that Holly signs believes they are the one that is transcendent enough to return Tennessee to their former glory. It's not until they get to Tennessee (and get thrown under the proverbial Warlick Fan Club bus for not being good enough right now) do they realize what they're in for. Having said that, the fact that Holly hasn't seen any of her Major impact players transfer (save Diamond) shows that these players are willing to fall on their sword for Holly.

Reactions: TN1111 and Texas
I have a proposition for UT. CHW currently makes 800K per year. I will do the job for 400K. I will do an excellent job of clapping my hands on the sideline, and I can tell any number of reporters that I have no idea why we lost again. Much like CHW, this will most likely be true as I never coached basketball before.

I have a proposition for UT. CHW currently makes 800K per year. I will do the job for 400K. I will do an excellent job of clapping my hands on the sideline, and I can tell any number of reporters that I have no idea why we lost again. Much like CHW, this will most likely be true as I never coached basketball before.

so, you'll just soak UT with a YYYUUUUUGGGGEEEEE buyout, huh...I'm on to you...:D

GO LADY VOLS!

Reactions: TNfan#2
Hate to tell everyone, but Muffet toyed with holly, she didn’t want it to get ugly! I believe they could have beat the LVs by 40 if that was desired!!!!

Reactions: olddog
Just a suggestion...maybe they should try practicing shooting the ball in the basket. Jump shots,lay ups.those things.... (throwing the ball towards the goal is not working)

Ok, original poster. What say you? So much talent, so many losses.
I say wasn't as happy with the outcome as I was with the halftime lead?

What is wrong with you people? Railing on a guy for being happy about the Vols having a lead at the half against the #1 team in the country. Shame on you.

😁😁😁I hope the OP is not serious! 😂😂

Please Coach Fulmer, fire Holly now! This team is not coached! I honestly can't believe there are any rational Vol fans who still support this dumpster fire!

No, what rational people support is the most organized transition plan an AD can put together. That would not include reacting to adolescent like diatribes from a bunch of vitriolic fans on message boards or the community. That is so unnecessary. She was the transition plan laid out by the greatest coach this program will ever have, she has given her all as a player and coach and even when it appears to not be enough she and the AD deserve more respect than what they are receiving. Her banner as a player is not going to come down from the rafters. Why do fans want to reduce the replacement candidates in the mix by creating an embarrassing display for the AD to overcome? Bet CPF can read between the lines without boorish displays on message boards or in the community. How big is the contactable pool of candidates till the end of the season? I see ZERO value add to giving the press UT fan revolt data to add to the CCM debacle we created. Anybody got any to share?

snZALvi.gif

You aren't supposed to be videoing Holly's secret practice sessions.

Reactions: TenUhSee
That’s coaching for ya! Muffet and staff made their adjustments and boom they beat us handily in the second half.

All muffet did was pack the zone tight to cut off driving lanes. The classic beat Holly Schematic. Then because Holly refuses to change/is utterly incompetent and unable to change her game plan, it turned into stand around the 3 point line and passing the ball around.

I thought with one of the first plays of the 2nd half they were gonna change things when they screeened for Rennia for that baseline jumper. But that was all she had for plays.

Notre Dame is such a fun team to watch. They break teams down and score at the rim most of the time. A pass to the free throw line in the zone was almost an automatic bucket at the rim.

Reactions: Ratvol and Momto2
No, what rational people support is the most organized transition plan an AD can put together. That would not include reacting to adolescent like diatribes from a bunch of vitriolic fans on message boards or the community. That is so unnecessary. She was the transition plan laid out by the greatest coach this program will ever have, she has given her all as a player and coach and even when it appears to not be enough she and the AD deserve more respect than what they are receiving. Her banner as a player is not going to come down from the rafters. Why do fans want to reduce the replacement candidates in the mix by creating an embarrassing display for the AD to overcome? Bet CPF can read between the lines without boorish displays on message boards or in the community. How big is the contactable pool of candidates till the end of the season? I see ZERO value add to giving the press UT fan revolt data to add to the CCM debacle we created. Anybody got any to share?
You leave out the most important element, my one to share, the student athletes. You seen them lately? Watched them year to year? About 40 kids who've come through this program the last 7 seasons deserve SO much better. Deserve to get better, not worse. Deserve direction, leadership, teaching. Deserve to develop as players.

Even the most ardent Holly fan has to admit lack of player development is one of the major reasons for the decline, and that process is getting worse, not better. Seen Rennia Davis recently? If it was just the occasional highly touted recruit who came thru and didn't live up to billing that would be one thing, but this has virtually been all of them. Who's gotten notably better as opposed to being thought of as never quite reaching their potential?

It's an absolute miracle we've continued to recruit as well as we have and I do credit HW for that. But it can't possibly continue. Who wants to come play in an antiquated, barely existent offense that makes you take bad shots and make silly turnovers?

I appreciate all HW has done and am actually quite sad for her that it's all turned out this way. I want her exit handled with dignity, but for the sake of the really important people in all this, the student athletes, time is of the essence and more of their careers cannot be wasted. End of this season is absolutely it.

Fortunately, doing the right thing for the kids will be the right thing for HW as well. She really, really needs to step away from this very unfortunate public failing. She just came up short this time, that's all.

Reactions: BruceInLouisville
This is like the dale Earnhardt tragedy. Replacing him with the jack man who has never driven one lap or never been in the drivers seat. He's got one if not the best cars out there, but doesn't know how to drive it. And the beat goes on.

Reactions: Ratvol
Lady Vols are currently in the ONLY 6 game losing streak in the HISTORY of Tennessee women's

basketball.

For a moment, I thought the OP was saying somebody successfully cloned Pat. No? Nevermind......

Holly ----“Look, I thought they were very focused today,” Warlick said after the game. “They played hard. Did they make mistakes? Sure they did, but you’ve got to go with it because you can make a mistake and your effort can cover up for a lot of things, and I thought their effort was solid.”

Does she really mean this crap!!! Ok you never let anything hide a mistake EVER - EVEN effort. Otherwise its just a band aid and guess what it's temporary...lol Also effort will never equal out with discipline talent IQ instinct AND good coaching etc... She be CRAZY!!!

If I were Holly ( and we all know I'm not) I would resign . Take the graceful way out. This is your good friend and mentor's program one of the all time great programs in college athletics.. why continue this downfall? You were part of a sports changing program. Please!! In honor or Pat, the school and the program resign with grace. Speak to the recruits and players so there is as little upheaval as possible. Don't fight it, don't prolong it or wait to get fired. Do what's best for the program and Pat's legacy. Be the better person and put the Lady Vols and Pat's legacy before yourself.

Reactions: TenUhSee

VN Store

Back