Movies you've seen recently II

Dolores Claiborne: 6/10. Like most Stephen King works, it feels like he is building up to something really big. But then he just does not know how to follow through on it. I don't trust him anymore with endings. Thankfully this is saved from the mundane ending by Kathy Bates and Christopher Plummer. Plummer's role reminds me so much of Chang from The Undiscovered County, I imagine he had to feel typecast a bit. But he's just so good, it doesn't matter.

Bodied...a fun little movie about battle rap produced by Eminem. The kid who plays the lead really dove in to it and gave a great performance. Great writing and there were some great bars...kinda corny ending but hey i liked ir. On Youtube premium. 8/10.

My girlfriend and I watched a pretty f***** up French movie tonight called Irreversible. Not a bad movie, but definitely not for the faint of heart/mind. One of the more disturbing films I’ve seen.

Anyone have an opinion of the movie "the Accountant" w/Ben Affleck? Watched it on TNT last night 1/19/2019. I've been waiting to see this bc the previews looked pretty bad ass at the time of it's release. I guess if I had to rate this it would be 4/10. It has Anna Kendrick in it also. She doesn't do anything for me look wise but some find her attractive I guess.....just another girl in a movie for me.

Anyone have an opinion of the movie "the Accountant" w/Ben Affleck? Watched it on TNT last night 1/19/2019. I've been waiting to see this bc the previews looked pretty bad ass at the time of it's release. I guess if I had to rate this it would be 4/10. It has Anna Kendrick in it also. She doesn't do anything for me look wise but some find her attractive I guess.....just another girl in a movie for me.
I liked it, and I'm with you on Anna. She does seem to have a really fun personality though.

The documentary about the Fyre festival on netflix was very good. What a dumpster fire that was.

Halloween-6/10. It was good, but something just seemed off to me. Can't put my finger on it, but like something was missing or something.

Reactions: Volwark

I had low expectations and watched it on a plane, which always makes movies better, and I enjoyed it.

Halloween-6/10. It was good, but something just seemed off to me. Can't put my finger on it, but like something was missing or something.

It was very pedestrian, that's why. There was just nothing that really stood out about it. Plus there were other things, like Myers crushing a guy's head with his foot. He's not Jason Vorhees.

Reactions: joevol33
I loved that movie. Not sure why, but I thoroughly enjoyed it

The Sisters Brothers 7/10...I had read the book and was excited for the movie. As per usual, the book is way better but the cast(Phoenix, Gyllenhal, John C. Reilly) really shined. A bit moody western that had some old spaghetti western throwback feel to it.

VN Store

Back